I have the Motorola Droid from Verizon and I was wondering if......

Tom Orrow

Original Poster
I saw the mobile magic ad on TV and searched for the app and it is not available for my phone. I woundering if there was a website (I would go online on my phone) or app besides touringplans.com(because u have to pay for it) that would provide me with up to date wait times for different Disney world attractions?

jlevin

I saw the mobile magic ad on TV and searched for the app and it is not available for my phone. I woundering if there was a website (I would go online on my phone) or app besides touringplans.com(because u have to pay for it) that would provide me with up to date wait times for different Disney world attractions?

I don't think that app is available on android phones. As far as I know it's only available for phones running on verizon's on OS. I'm going to Disney next week and dowloaded WDW Lines from the marketplace. It's $10.95 so I'm going to pay the subscription. I figure in the long run what's $11 when I'm already going to be spending over $2k on the trip.

slappy magoo

I have Ride Hopper Lite installed on my Droid Incredible. It's free, and gives line updates for various theme parks throughout America, but seems to be dependent on visitors to those parks giving honest information, so someone could be a jerk and say there's a 5 hour wait for Soarin' when there's not; I'm not saying someone WOULD, I'm just saying someone COULD. Whatever park you look up, they will also tell you when the info for each attraction was last updated, and when they're estimating themselves.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To my knowledge the only app that will provide accurate wait times is Mobile Magic from Verizion All of the other apps out there are not directly connected to Disney's systems and their data is gathered from other users making it as accurate as a $2 watch.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So how does mobile magic work than directly through Disney?
Disney and Verizon spent a good bit of time and money installing hardware around the parks that would communicate wait time data, character locations, etc, directly to your phone through this particular app.

devoy1701

the app doesnt work on the Blackberry OS either. Very disheartening that they advertize this App so widely and it doesn't work on Android or BBs. both which probably makeup a good portion of Verizon's service

Pioneer Hall

I find it insane that they have not gotten this app on smartphones yet. Considering there are more people with smartphones that the old verizon OS ones, I can't understand what they are waiting for.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
the app doesnt work on the Blackberry OS either. Very disheartening that they advertize this App so widely and it doesn't work on Android or BBs. both which probably makeup a good portion of Verizon's service
I too was a bit put off by this as well. The app is incredible. It is like having every tip board, character schedule and times guide in the palm of your hand. Why it is only available to such a narrow segment of the smart phone market is beyond me. The app is $10 if you have a phone on the Verizon network that will support it. I would gladly pay double or triple that to be able to put it on my wife's android phone on the AT&T network.

jim1051

I was in WDW inMay, using "lines". I found it very accurate, more up to date than the signs at the attractions. There are plenty of us nuts who take the time to send in updates.

Lines uses an algorithm based on park attendance forecast, modified by user input. At least that's how it was explained to me.

brent2124

The Ride Hopper Lite app is pretty good but totaly relies on other guests to update wait times. It requires you allow the system to verify your location through GPS so only guests in the park can update times.

I was curious about the possibility of guests trying to post 5 hour waits and attempted it. The system would only raise the wait time slightly, so I believe the app has some sort of system to prevent people from posting outragous wait times.

blm07

Tried the Ride Hopper app today at SeaWorld, it's pretty cool. It even has show times, and I saw some ride wait times posted accurately. Someone else posted the times just an hour or so before I did.

AEfx

To my knowledge the only app that will provide accurate wait times is Mobile Magic from Verizion All of the other apps out there are not directly connected to Disney's systems and their data is gathered from other users making it as accurate as a $2 watch.

I can't speak for WDW versions, but the several iPhone apps updated by users at Disneyland were *remarkably* accurate during my visit this spring, though that may be because of the strong locals contingent. "Mousewait" was especially awesome.

mike10

I was wondering I jail-broke and unlocked my iphone this pass year. Since then I have added Free WDW wait times. Since I have T-Mobile and didn't want the Data plan, I use another app that searches every 30 secs for Wi-Fi.

This lead me to my question: "Is there Wi-Fi within the parks so I can still use that app or will I need to invest in the data plan for a month till I get back from Disney?"

Silentkink

Like someone already said about Lines that in the long run Lines is worth the $11 you have to pay for it because the wait times are super accurate and it gives you show time, where the characters are, and if there are any fastpasses left. Also it you can use their website with useful info about the parks and print out plans for your tip. So in the long run it is worth it and i suggest that you get it.

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
I was wondering I jail-broke and unlocked my iphone this pass year. Since then I have added Free WDW wait times. Since I have T-Mobile and didn't want the Data plan, I use another app that searches every 30 secs for Wi-Fi.

This lead me to my question: "Is there Wi-Fi within the parks so I can still use that app or will I need to invest in the data plan for a month till I get back from Disney?"

When I was at WDW about a month ago I did not find any open/unsecure WiFi networks to link my iPhone up with inside the parks themselves.

:( :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom