I got my Disney Visa card!

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Came today in the mail--red background with a Mickey head on it and stars. It does say "Cardmember since Day 1" and also lists me as a "Charter Cardmember." Anyone else get one yet?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Are there any advantages to being a card holder - reduced rate of interest / discounts on Disney items / discounts at WDW ??

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Are there any advantages to being a card holder - reduced rate of interest / discounts on Disney items / discounts at WDW ??
1% back in Disney Dream reward dollars
Bonus offers, like $50 onboard Disney cruise credit
Use your reward dollars for Disney tickets, resorts, merchandise, etc.
0% interest for 6 months when you use the card on a Disney vacation package
APR is 11.15%, but we never carry a balance on our card--they're gonna lose money on us
Only for U.S. citizens--sorry:(

We'll give it a go and save on it for a year and see what happens when we go in 2004.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I am still waiting for mine... but the mail man has not come yet today. *waits* ...lol

GenerationX

Just got mine today! :sohappy:

Time to start racking up Disney Reward Dollars!

I don't if they actually lose money on people like us, sandjhooker, because they still get a percentage of every purchase we make using the cards.

Minimally, they'd be happier if we carried a balance, but that's not going to happen.

I got mine yesterday, and am looking forward to earning disney dollars toward a disney vacation! I just can't access the website yet for balances and disney dollar info.

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by Shannon_Yensid
I turn 18 on the 12th, and i'll be getting my card then!

Good luck.
I'm 19 and I just applied for it and got immediatly declined b/c I don't have a $14,600 a year salary. (And I don't know many other teenagers who have one either)
And I can't seem to talk my mother into getting the card and just putting me as the second cardholder....I'll have to keep thinking. Wish me luck.:cry:

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Originally posted by MinnieFan
We didn't get ours yet. I practically tackle the mailman when I see him everyday. What day did you apply?
less than two weeks ago? I must have gotten it quick because of five-figure salary!:lol:

goofyman

Originally posted by sandjhooker
Came today in the mail--red background with a Mickey head on it and stars. It does say "Cardmember since Day 1" and also lists me as a "Charter Cardmember." Anyone else get one yet?

WOW CONGRATS..now i will be checkin the mail everyday for mine!!!!:hammer:

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by SewIn2Disney
Good luck.
I'm 19 and I just applied for it and got immediatly declined b/c I don't have a $14,600 a year salary. (And I don't know many other teenagers who have one either)
And I can't seem to talk my mother into getting the card and just putting me as the second cardholder....I'll have to keep thinking. Wish me luck.:cry:

yeah im 21 years old with EXCELLENT credit
i even have a platinum card with a pretty high limit for someone my age
but i dont make 14,600 a year,
however i know better than to charge more than i can afford... so i was thinking maybe if you call the 800 number and authorize a credit check maybe thats another way in??

also
i have NEVER been asked to disclose my anual income (its always been optional) for any of my credit cards... i have about 4
so i dunno about this card anyways

good luck

Shannon_Yensid

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
yeah im 21 years old with EXCELLENT credit
i even have a platinum card with a pretty high limit for someone my age
but i dont make 14,600 a year,
however i know better than to charge more than i can afford... so i was thinking maybe if you call the 800 number and authorize a credit check maybe thats another way in??

also
i have NEVER been asked to disclose my anual income (its always been optional) for any of my credit cards... i have about 4
so i dunno about this card anyways

good luck

hmmm....i have excellent credit and my parents (with amazing credit) to back me so maybe...:veryconfu anyways, my mom said she'd link me to there card if i couldn't get my own...

Eljay

I applied on the website, literally on "Day 1" March 4. Absolutely no reason for me not to get it. I'm waiting!

orangefan15

Still waiting....:mad:

Hey, did anyone else get a phone call on it? My mom applied online and they called her about her application...thought that was a little strange....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom