I gave her nearly an INCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcard

Original Poster
Moooohohahahaha! I am an evil, bad parent! I made shoe inserts for my daughter to push her nearly an inch higher to gain access to such "EXTREME" attractions as star tours and test track (trust me, my driving to the park is worse)..

she was 39 3/4 in her shoes, now she's a hair over 40 1/2.. Mohhahaha!

Bash me, because it's expected, but come on 3/4 of an inch isn't a big deal, and could be the difference in some footwear....

I would NOT condone someone adding 2-3 inches to a child, foolish. but this will be ok.. I'm putting her on (with me of course) test track, and star tours, not trying to boost her into RNRC for gods sake.

anyway, thats me, bad dad signing off... mohhahahah! :):wave: :p

Jerm

Why? The height limits are not just cause someone said lets do this..... they set the limits based on the "normal" child size and weight. The limit is set based on what the child of that size would normaly weigh and how strong they are. No 1/4 of a inch is not anything huge, but what if something did happen to that child?

I worked on attractions with height limits for years and I always wanted to know why someone would put there childs health and body in danger for a theme park attraction?

J

ECurto

Actually the inch is a big deal. Not gonna bash you for it, or waste my time explaining why. Maybe you should take some time away from trying to scam your way onto things to educate yourself on the reasons these height implications were put into place. I guess your daughters life isn’t that valuable to you. I mean after all you’re on here joking about it. The truly sad part is if something did happen to her, I bet you’d be the one ranting and raving about suing Disney.

peter11435

Im not going to inform you of all of the reasons why you shouldn't do that, but I do have to ask one question. Why the heck did you feel the need to post this thread?

CaliSurfer182

Jerm said:
I worked on attractions with height limits for years and I always wanted to know why someone would put there childs health and body in danger for a theme park attraction?

I am not condoning the behavior of the poster, but in all actuality we all risk something when we ride an attraction. Anything could happen at any point in time. Any time you place your life in somebody elses trust is a risk. The poster might be taking a greater risk than the rest of us, but honestly come on if you die can you really die more?

By the way I think a theme park documentary was just released to the movie theaters a couple of days ago. Something called Final Destination, I think it had to do with the California Screamin' ride in DCA. :lol:

Alztybrn

I would also be a little more concerned about how the lifts are going to affect your daughter while walking throughout the parks during your trip. How about all the secondary implications, ie. foot pain, knee pain, hip and back pain. This is not normal for her to have these in her shoes, so it is going to adversely affect her anatomical alignment. If this were done for medical reason to somebody else, it would be done gradually, starting with smaller lifts, wearing them for a short period of time and then increasing over time. Not throwing her to the park so that she can reach some height limit!

WDWRLD

If something happens on one of those rides and they find out that you had done that to "Fool" the disney safety checks watch out for the criminal charges by the police. Lets see...Wreckless endangerment of a child, Child neglect......that list could go on forever. If she will cheat with her childs safety just imagine what else she will try to get by with while at the world.

WDWRLD

You might "fix" it so she can enjoy one or two rides, but what happens if she twists a anke or worse a break. You could ruin a entire vacation at the risk of a few extra rides.

Let me guess...your trying to sneak her in as under 3 so you wont need a park ticket either.

Disneyland1970

Not that I would ever condone putting a child at risk, I have had my daughter in my arms for SM, and was never asked to set her down for a height check. At the time she was just barely tall enough to ride.

As far as the lifts, they do sell Princess keds in the park which have a thicker than normal sole height.....

mayrag

I don't agree with you, and will definitely tell you to stay out of doing this. It's like putting a toddler in the car with a lapseat, instead of using a car seat for him.
If a minimum measurement is recommended, it's for something, maybe when the ride gets to its maximum speed, your daughter not be secure.

What we have done with our daughter, it's avoiding the rides she cannot get into, and tell her about the fun she can have in the other rides she can ride. She is now 6y, so now she can ride what she has been anxious to ride in previous trips but couldn't because of her height. I have no regrets in not leting go in the rides trying to put bigger shoes with heels, because I love my daughter and I would never forgive myself if something happens to her if I give in to her pleading to get in a ride.

Just let her ride what she can, and keep bringing her back until she can get into the rides with height restrictions.

radiohost

Odds are if you wait one more year, you wont have to worry about getting lifts because her growth spurt will push her past the limit. Theres plenty of rides suitable for her at this stage. Just enjoy having your daughter at this age while shes still young. Theres nothing like bringing a child to disney world when there young. ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Radiohost:cool:

Jerm

HA HA HA HA HA this is getting great. But yes we all do take our life into our hands going on a theme park attraction (anyone been to a Six Flags in a while) but I think the person that talked about the foot pain was a very valid point HA HA HA:hammer:

j

Brian Noble

It's your daughter, so do what you want. However, why is 1/4 of an inch okay, but 2 inches not okay? How is it that you are qualified to make the distinction? Do you, by chance, design restraint systems? Ride vehicles? Amusement rides?

Didn't think so.

If my kids are too short, by even a hair, I just tell 'em that that's another reason why we'll have to come back, and that's the end of that. I also don't parent swap, but that's just me---I'd rather spend time with my kids on Small World than without them on Space, and I understand why others make different choices.

If other parents want to take the risks of underheight riders on behalf of their children, I (and Charles Darwin) welcome them to do so, as neither of us work in the park.

The other problem rears its head if you let her in on the whys and wherefores of the lifts, because what you are teaching her is that some safety rules are important, but others aren't, and you get to decide which are which. Kids being what they are, she'll generalize that someday *she* will get to decide which safety rules are important and which are not.

Like the one about not going driving with boys who are drinking. For example.

Have fun!

peter11435

Brian Noble said:
The other problem rears its head if you let her in on the whys and wherefores of the lifts, because what you are teaching her is that some safety rules are important, but others aren't, and you get to decide which are which. Kids being what they are, she'll generalize that someday *she* will get to decide which safety rules are important and which are not.

Yep. To me thats is the biggest issue. Chances are the kid will come off the ride fine, but regardless taking such actions is simply teaching your kids that it is ok to lie, cheat and break rules. Part of the problem with the world today is too many parents teach with their own ignorance.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Rob's opinion...

...I don't agree on endangering your childs life, but what he's doing isn't a Jacko, and dangling his kids over a high rise patio.

There probably is an increased risk of injury... but a minimal one at that. I am certain the people who design the attractions allow for a variance in what they advertise as minimum height, and what the minimum height actually is. I mean, have you ever been to WDW during the LPA (Little People of America) Conference? There are fully grown and developed adults riding rides that they are officially too short for. So obviously there is some leeway in the advertised height and actual height.

But I am not defending what he does, and nor will I defend the CM's who are giving him flak. Unless you are being paid by Disney to post on Internet message boards and identify yourself as a CM to ell them what they are doing is wrong, then you are entirely out of place in flaming him.

That is all.

kodiak5bears

OK... He admits being a BAD :lookaroun , EVIL :fork: parent. Thankfully nothing happened to his daughter... :) I am sure he has learned his lesson :hammer: and will never do it again! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom