I gave her nearly an INCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWRLD

Also, think about this...You go and ride TT, kid LOVES it, go another day and forget shoes/inserts for what ever reason, Kids now to short and will not be able to ride and will be heartbroken when other kids are riding and he/she cant.

hardcard

Original Poster
Brian Skinner said:
Also, think about this...You go and ride TT, kid LOVES it, go another day and forget shoes/inserts for what ever reason, Kids now to short and will not be able to ride and will be heartbroken when other kids are riding and he/she cant.

Thats fair.. That would require me to forget things.. I'm way to retentive for that..

;)

BTW, when I first saw stich, during the AP previews, the height req was 36 inches.. That height req has yo-yo'ed a LOT!

I don't trust my oldest on test track to not 'freak out'... this one is nut ball. She enjoys long walks on the beach, tea parties with her cat, and the movie War of the Worlds...

I'm really worried that I am raising Son (or daughter) of sam. :veryconfu

jesserin

hardcard said:
Thats fair.. That would require me to forget things.. I'm way to retentive for that..

;)

BTW, when I first saw stich, during the AP previews, the height req was 36 inches.. That height req has yo-yo'ed a LOT!

I don't trust my oldest on test track to not 'freak out'... this one is nut ball. She enjoys long walks on the beach, tea parties with her cat, and the movie War of the Worlds...

I'm really worried that I am raising Son (or daughter) of sam. :veryconfu
:lol: no worries... it'll all balance out in the end... :)

hardcard

Original Poster
:confused:
jesserin said:
You need to post more often - this thread has been entirely entertaining! :) As for all that stuff you listed above - as a new mom of 1 - and a gal that was a teenager, not a terribly long time ago... you've most likely got alot less to worry about than you think... :D Hope y'all have fun in the parks, sounds like you're going to have a blast!

wow, this is great.. normally when I rant like this my wife tells me to shut up. ;)

jesserin

hardcard said:
:confused:

wow, this is great.. normally when I rant like this my wife tells me to shut up. ;)

she says that b/c she knows your girls are going to be just fine, (excluding this thread :lol: ) I'm sure they'll have a wonderful upbringing... that's why there's alot less to worry about than you think... as for keeping everything kind and fun in this thread - you did a great job - and that's what was so entertaining! ;)

shmmrname

I agree with most of the people posting against the OP, but I too do not want to start a larger argument.
I did want to point out however that it might not be a good idea to teach your child how to directly disobey rules. There are already so many gray areas a child must learn to decipher on their own, why throw another in there. Plus, the millions of other reasons others have already pointed out.

SpenceMan01

Working in the biz (not with Disney, but that's beside the point), you really get a feel for the power of amusement machines. 99.9999% of the time they are safe. Most injuries that occur are usually due to rider error/ignorance/carelessness. These are big, powerful machines that move the way they are programmed to do, and it's not going to step back and excuse itself if it starts crushing your foot/hand/head/etc. Take the recent (tragic) accident on Peter Pan. The poor guy fell in between the ships. Do you think the ride stopped and offered the guy a hand and an apology? Hell no it didn't. I'm sure it kept right on moving, like it was designed to do, until it was told to stop (in the form of a CM hitting the e-stop button).

As far as teaching your daughter that its ok to bend the rules: You think she won't notice? You think she won't question why she has to change shoes every time you go on thrill ride? Give her some credit, man. Kids aren't dumb, and I hope you don't honestly think your own daughter would be oblivious to what you're doing.

And hardcard (hardhead?), don't forget to put her hair up in a ponytail straight up off the top of her head and complete the package!

:rolleyes:

(why oh why do I take the flame-bait? :veryconfu )

Matchieu

just leave ur daughter at home and ride all the rides you want! What an ungreatful child not being as tall as you need her to be when you are going to florida. Just think you should have gotten rid of her when you had the chance.

don't post crap that you know is going to make people angry and lash out at u. Perhaps going 70 1/4 miles perhour on the highway on your way there will stop the chances of you getting to wdw in the first place.

gemini

Some parents buy alcohol for their kids and their kids' friends and let them have parties at home. Rules just mean different things to different people.

It's interesting that Cedar Point actually trains their employees to watch for this behavior. From their guidelines: "For the safety of your child, a standard play shoe which does not contribute excessively to the child's height will be permitted. Platform shoes, for example, are not permitted to be worn to help a child meet a height requirement. Cedar Point reserves the right to ask that shoes be removed to ensure that a child's height is not being artificially enhanced or manipulated."

(Brian: I figured I might run into you around here some day!)

Raven66

Matchieu said:
just leave ur daughter at home and ride all the rides you want! What an ungreatful child not being as tall as you need her to be when you are going to florida. Just think you should have gotten rid of her when you had the chance.

don't post crap that you know is going to make people angry and lash out at u. Perhaps going 70 1/4 miles perhour on the highway on your way there will stop the chances of you getting to wdw in the first place.

He has a 2 yr old as well, so I'm sure the 4 yr old is not holding him back. And the second part of your post was just not nice.

While I don't condone what he is doing, it's not like he is doing it so she can get on RnRC. He could give her a 1/4 inch just by putting on a pair of thick socks. Some children are just more into excitement then others. If she doesn't want to go on a ride, I'm sure she will let him and his wife know.

I also have a DD who is 9. You think you have all these years until boys call. Boys are already calling. It's nothing inappropiate but still makes me crazy.:lookaroun They do valentine exchanges in their classes and a boy brought in a heart-shaped box of chocolates, a stuffed animal and a heart shaped balloon for my little girl. I was like :eek: . So good luck!!:wave:

And hardcard.......I think you are extremely funny :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom