Trip Report I Did Something Bad... *Completed*

Hello everyone! My, it has been a long time... You'll have to forgive me, but school is currently eradicating every last drop of happiness and cheer from my soul! To remedy that, I have.... I have come up with a plan that may be insane. Don't worry, I haven't purchased anything non-refundable yet... So far, no one's been able to come up with a compelling argument for me NOT to do this...

Picture this... October 5th and 6th, I have a random "fall break". It seems perfectly placed. A microbiology exam that Tuesday, and then NOTHING until a physiology exam the following Friday... What am I supposed to do with those 2 free days? "Oh, you should study," you say... Dear reader... I fear if I studied those 2 days I may go insane. How about... How about...

Getting on a red eye flight out of Pittsburgh that would involve me leaving for the airport at 3:30am (you cringed, I felt it), arriving in Orlando early Thursday morning, probably conking out in my swanky All Star room for a couple of hours (should Bob Iger allow my room to be ready), and then going to the Halloween party that night? And then... and then getting on a flight back to Pittsburgh the following afternoon?

That's the bare bones of the plan. I've already booked the room (because it's REFUNDABLE and I can CANCEL okay and it SPARKED JOY) and I'm holding off on flight (it's under $100 but it's Spirit and I think you have to sign a waiver saying you are willing and able to pilot the plane when you fly with them) and event tickets until I check with my professor that this fall break is actually legitimate and not a lie (we had class on the 4th of July when no one else did so I've been burned before).

In other news, I saw Taylor Swift in June which was life changing! But now I need something new to look forward to...

Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Too insane? You tell me.

tonystark

Original Poster
Yesssss! Go for it!
I was wondering how the concert went for you. My daughters friend rode the T in and apparently you haven't lived until you are in your sparkly clothes with 6000 other women, sharing bracelets and drinking booze!
I'm a big Swiftie, this is known... But when I saw the sheer amount of Swifties descending on the stadium, I got a little anxious lol. I actually left before the last song to beat the crowds which was worth it because I had an hour and a half drive back and a big exam that Monday that I had to cram-study for. It was a great time! The only downside was there was a girl in the row in front of me high out of her mind on something and the cops got called over like 5 times because she was sprawled across her seat and landing on a little girl sitting next to her. I really can't fathom spending that much money to see a concert and not be present to watch it. But I suppose I'm sounding old now that I'm in... my late 20s...

12in12

I'm a big Swiftie, this is known... But when I saw the sheer amount of Swifties descending on the stadium, I got a little anxious lol. I actually left before the last song to beat the crowds which was worth it because I had an hour and a half drive back and a big exam that Monday that I had to cram-study for. It was a great time! The only downside was there was a girl in the row in front of me high out of her mind on something and the cops got called over like 5 times because she was sprawled across her seat and landing on a little girl sitting next to her. I really can't fathom spending that much money to see a concert and not be present to watch it. But I suppose I'm sounding old now that I'm in... my late 20s...
So, so old being late 20s;)

fizzieee

Welcome back! Looking forward to reading about the insanity!

P.S. I also saw the Eras Tour (N2 in Glendale) and it was truly life changing. Loving all your TS references in your first post + the title..... *Don't blame me* for wanting more!!!

....I'm *ready for it* ("it" being more of your report, of course)
Taylor Swift Ready For It GIF by Taylor Swift

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Hello everyone! My, it has been a long time... You'll have to forgive me, but school is currently eradicating every last drop of happiness and cheer from my soul! To remedy that, I have.... I have come up with a plan that may be insane. Don't worry, I haven't purchased anything non-refundable yet... So far, no one's been able to come up with a compelling argument for me NOT to do this...

Picture this... October 5th and 6th, I have a random "fall break". It seems perfectly placed. A microbiology exam that Tuesday, and then NOTHING until a physiology exam the following Friday... What am I supposed to do with those 2 free days? "Oh, you should study," you say... Dear reader... I fear if I studied those 2 days I may go insane. How about... How about...

Getting on a red eye flight out of Pittsburgh that would involve me leaving for the airport at 3:30am (you cringed, I felt it), arriving in Orlando early Thursday morning, probably conking out in my swanky All Star room for a couple of hours (should Bob Iger allow my room to be ready), and then going to the Halloween party that night? And then... and then getting on a flight back to Pittsburgh the following afternoon?

That's the bare bones of the plan. I've already booked the room (because it's REFUNDABLE and I can CANCEL okay and it SPARKED JOY) and I'm holding off on flight (it's under $100 but it's Spirit and I think you have to sign a waiver saying you are willing and able to pilot the plane when you fly with them) and event tickets until I check with my professor that this fall break is actually legitimate and not a lie (we had class on the 4th of July when no one else did so I've been burned before).

In other news, I saw Taylor Swift in June which was life changing! But now I need something new to look forward to...

Too insane? You tell me.
Very excited for you! GO FOR IT.
1693922243086.png

tonystark

Original Poster
Oh, Max, stay tuned for the 6am flight because I am certain things won't be going so great then....
Welcome back! Looking forward to reading about the insanity!

P.S. I also saw the Eras Tour (N2 in Glendale) and it was truly life changing. Loving all your TS references in your first post + the title..... *Don't blame me* for wanting more!!!

....I'm *ready for it* ("it" being more of your report, of course)
Taylor Swift Ready For It GIF by Taylor Swift
1989TV was too far away of an incentive to get me to survive the front half of the semester LOL I needed something sooner.
Very excited for you! GO FOR IT.
View attachment 741056
Rocky is one of my faves so I truly must. Even if I emerge similarly to Rocky following his initial fight with Apollo. I must go the distance.
This sounds like a perfect idea of a study break to me, if only I lived close enough to do that :cautious:
I don't know if I can consider myself close now that I'm in WV. This would've been much easier if I was still in FL!

MickeyCB

The only downside was there was a girl in the row in front of me high out of her mind on something and the cops got called over like 5 times because she was sprawled across her seat and landing on a little girl sitting next to her. I really can't fathom spending that much money to see a concert and not be present to watch it. But I suppose I'm sounding old now that I'm in... my late 20s...
I'm several times 20 and totally agree with this!!! You are just wise beyond your years!

12in12

Flight? Booked. Event ticket? Booked. 1 month to go. Perhaps the least amount of lead time I've ever given myself.

Remember how I did BooBash and I believe I said I would never pay for an upcharged event again? Oh.... Pepperidge Farms remembers.
I'm so happy for you and your boyfriend. Have a great time and good luck with your exams.

erstwo

I think you are doing the right thing! It will be a blast!

So sorry about the girl near you at Eras. I've had a few concert experiences nearly ruined by having to babysit someone near me that I didn't know. What always blows me away is the fact they usually have a friend(s) with them that I see at the beginning of the concert but then never see again. I've had to call security over at the end of the concert because the person was still passed out and all alone - and I worried what would happen to them if I walked away.
I hope I've emphasized to my daughter enough that the true girl code is to take care of each other.

tonystark

Original Poster
So so so excited! I’m late, so my “do it!” doesn’t really count at this point, but I think it’s a brilliant idea.
It's okay, your "do it" balances out the pain that comes when I look at my credit card balance this week but it's fine I'm just paying it with money I'm going to wish I had saved next year during clinical rotations
Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by Friends

Oh I am HYPED if 1989TV....... it's been too long since Speak Now TV dropped, I'm having withdrawals
It's a good thing she's saving RepTV for last (I'm a fake fan and don't really acknowledge or care about Debut) because Rep re-release will change me as a person for the worse. It's my favorite album after folklore. I fear for my boyfriend LOL but he knows it's coming.
The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

I think you are doing the right thing! It will be a blast!

So sorry about the girl near you at Eras. I've had a few concert experiences nearly ruined by having to babysit someone near me that I didn't know. What always blows me away is the fact they usually have a friend(s) with them that I see at the beginning of the concert but then never see again. I've had to call security over at the end of the concert because the person was still passed out and all alone - and I worried what would happen to them if I walked away.
I hope I've emphasized to my daughter enough that the true girl code is to take care of each other.
The crazy thing was this girlie had a friend with her! Who insisted to the cops that "she's fiiiiiiine" as intoxicated girlie was riding the waves of a high that I only could imagine when also surrounded by the natural amphetamine that is a Taylor Swift concert. I felt bad for the little girl that kept getting socked with this woman's lolling head. She perked up when Midnights came around just in time for the concert to end lol.

Minnie1986

Too insane? You tell me.
Love the Marie Condo reference, and I fully support this insanity!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom