I can't win!

tractorm3

Original Poster
Seems that no resort at any price has that ideal room for guest. We just got back from our honeymoon/vacation for 10 days the Coronado. This is the third time traveling with out my family and starting my wife's and my own Disney memories. We had a blast. But I have to tell you we have tried several of the Mod's and Several of the Deluxe in my life and it seems we never get a "ideal room". not mater request, room type, asking, or occasion there is always short comings.

For instance this last trip. The hotel was grand and was very clean. We needed a king room, so after looking at the hotel we decided to get the preferred king room so we could be next to El Centro. well we were put in the furthest point from the lobby where these level rooms were. on the 4th floor with elevators on the opposite end of the adjacent building.

Any who, My point isn't to complain because I love going. My question is what and where is the ideal room for people. if I had to prioritize what I look for in a room here is the criteria from high to low

1) must be king bed
2) room close to bus stop
3) room close to main building (dining and gift shops)
4) proximity to elevators. (if 3+ stories)
5) main pool proximity
6) on ground level.

Now call me lazy if you will but I am sure many people who vacation at WDW are the same as me. We leave early, come home after parks close and after all that walking and Florida sun, it would be so magical to walk from the bus stop to our room in seconds and crash!

tractorm3

Original Poster
True story, we had the honey moon suite booked at the poly (our #1 resort) which had a king bed. we had to downgrade due to some unforeseen hardships right before the wedding.

I was under the impression that for the regular rooms at the poly king size beds were never guaranteed

LucyK

My ideal room would be:

1) as close to transportation as possible
2) ground level
3) close to main building

That's it really. That's why I'm happy with staying at POFQ and I always request building 4 rooms 4105 to 4109. We stayed at a Garden View room 4105 last time and it was PERFECT. So close to the bus stop but yet the trees around the path leading to the bust stop acted like a barrier and we had no problem with noises. Lovely location and around 2 minutes walk to the ferry to DTD!

MaryJaneP

Any of the deluxes have all that is on your list. We love the Poly and visit yearly. Transportation options are many.

Ground floor and close to bus stop rules out almost all of CR/BLT and most of GF and WL/VWL. And I like all of the foregoing. It's possible the Poly, AKL, BC, and BW could meet all of your "must haves". Maybe some mods too.

scoobygirl39541

1. room close to main building (for late night and/or early morning coffee runs)
2. view that is anything but a parking lot
3. close to the transportation

POFQ is perfect for us when it comes to those needs. We Always get pool view so we're located in between the buses, food quart, pool, and ferry boat. Granted its not a deluxe resort which we love, but it really is the most practical for what we want in a resort!

bethymouse

Saratoga Springs Paddock Pool area 1st floor studio was wonderful for us! They had a bus stop right there, and the pool area had refillable mugs as well as quick service meals.;) Not sure about king beds though.:(

Tinkerbell397

Room 6071 in The WL is a great room.....king bed, unobstructed view of the pool, close to the elevator and overlooking the lobby. We stayed there in 2011 and it was wonderful....so convenient and contrary to what some may think, quiet...no noise from Whispering Canyons. We requested the same room for our trip last month or at least 2 queens in the same general area. They gave us 6069.....a queen and bunks and a tree blocking the pool view. I was very disappointed..the bunks are big and in the way. Had a magical time anyway....hey....we were in Disney World! :cat:

epcotisbest

"We just got back from our honeymoon/vacation for 10 days the Coronado. This is the third time traveling with out my family and starting my wife's and my own Disney memories. We had a blast."
Win!

75disney

I don't mind being far from the main building because I love to walk around and take in the beauty of the resort. I do always request top floor (no noisy people overhead and for the view) and close to transportation (to avoid that long walk at the end of the day when your feet hurt).

Congrats on your marriage.

awoogala

hmm.
1. short walk to EPCOT
2. comfortable bed (don't care size, as long as it's a double or bigger)
3. close to transportation
4. ideal would be the kids in their own bedroom! (but we haven't gotten that yet!)
5. fridge
6. balcony /patio/private outdoor space of some sort.
7. if we're saying ideal, an awesome view!

sweetpee_1993

Honestly, I think the best room location I've had at any of the resorts I've stayed at (Pop 7x, POFQ 2x, CR 2x, Poly, AKL, AKV Kidani, WL, YC, & GF) was at the WL. Serious as a heart attack. We were first floor very near the lobby/food/shops, exit to the feature pool, easy short walk to the boat launch, and serene woods view. The bus depot really wasn't that far either. We crossed the lobby and it was a short distance out the side door. I'll look up the room number momentarily and return to add that info for ya. Yes, it was a queen/bunk bed room but not all the rooms on that wing/hall had the bunks. We needed them for our 2 teen/tween boys (at the time).

**edit**
It was room #1020. If you walk into the lobby thru the main front entrance, proceed to the back left corner where Artist Point is, go down that hallway past the quick service place (forget the name), pass the elevators & guest laundry, then come to a "T". Turn right down the hallway. Our room was maybe 4 down on the left. If you stay going past the room all the way to the end you'll find an exit door that is the closest to the boat dock. Or right near the feature pool. It really was a fabulous location. Super duper convenient to everything! Not a bad view from the patio, either.

91033.jpg

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Just heard from a friend who stayed at a Garden Cottage at Boardwalk. She LOVED it. She showed me pictures and whoa...talk about CHARMING. I'd never heard of them. Apparently they're actual little cottages side by side. I don't think that one cottage has it over the other in terms of convenience and so on. I've always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk...now I know WHERE I'll be staying at the Boardwalk on my next visit (which will probably be in a couple of years, because, sorry Disney, I'll be staying at Universal next year...)

Graham9

My priorities are...

1. Quiet.
2. Quiet. (It's so important, I'd mention it twice).
3. Clean.
4. Decorated/Tidy
5. In-room facilities
6. Proximity to reception/shop
7. Out-room facilities (Pool etc)
8. General outside environment (location, tidy, etc)
9. Proximity to parks, main roads, ease of access

Probably think of a few more, but I will take Quiet and Clean over anything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom