I can't believe what Disney did?

Spectroman17

Original Poster
I can't believe they Actually took out Mr.Toad, and put the Pooh ride it's dumb, Whoever agrees with my write back, if you dont agree wth me, tell me.

POOR MR. TOAD :(

bamboo7

i really liked mr. toad's wild ride (where else on earth can you get hit by a train and sent to hell?) but i can understand why they got rid of it. Mr. toad (as a character) has been mostly forgotten, and pooh is quite popular now. I miss MTWR, but i just had to learn to accept the fact that my favorite attractions will be shut down and replaced in time, and there is nothing i can do about it.

dannysbelle

Haven't waited in line with a hundred screaming kids yet to go on the Pooh ride...but...I did just that to ride MTWR and was like, this is what I waited in line for for a half an hour????????? I guess it would have been better if I had rode it as a kid, but I never did. I guess it was too much hype for me...but it is sad to see some of those old favs be changed.

General Grizz

"As a matter of pure fact, Walt was the originator of attraction closers ... from the day Disneyland opened. Some attractions did not work (Phantom Ride in Tomorrowland - gone after the first summer); others were only stopgaps in the early days (Crane's "Bathroom of Tomorrow," Kaiser's aluminum exhibit, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea sets, Satellite View of America , etc.). Some made way for other attractions (The Viewliner Train , replaced by the Monorail System); Midget Autopia shuttered as a "mistake" (Walt did not want attractions that only children could go on, because after all, Disneyland started as a place where parents and children could have fun - together!)

It is only speculation, of course, about what Walt Disney would have done with "aging assets," including those that have lost their populary with the public. My own speculation, having worked with and written for Walt for ten years, is that he would have been changing out many of these shows, too...

So my own summary is, change is the greatest dynamic in all our lives. Like it or not, not all the things we loved as children and young adults live on. Technology keeps offering us new potentials for storytelling and a large segment of the guests who come back over and over again to our parks want something new.

As Walt taught many of us, we do try to respond to our audience. As we go up to bat with new attractions and "take a chance," it's because that's wthe way many of us were trained by the master cheft himself.

Thanks for caring, too.

Sincerely,
Martin A. Sklar"

Disneyland's Fantasyland has no plans to close Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Erika

I loved Mr Toad! It was always a must-do for me. It was simple but that was part of its charm. I rode it on its last night of operation and then got the chance to do Pooh 2 years later. I admit I do like the new ride. I just wish they didn't have to get rid of Mr Toad to put it in!

Javier&Christie

Originally posted by Spectroman17
I can't believe they Actually took out Mr.Toad, and put the Pooh ride it's dumb, Whoever agrees with my write back, if you dont agree wth me, tell me.

POOR MR. TOAD :(

I don't agree with you :) But hey, you asked ;)...

On that note... I don't think I went on Mr. Toad's WR more than like 2-3 times ever.... it was a "must skip" :lol:

Then again, Christie loves Pooh, so you can imagine her take on it :D :hammer:

bgraham34

I can not remember Mr Toads ride. So I can not compare it. I do like the Winnie the Pooh ride and I am not a Winnie fan at all. But my girlfriend is and she is looking forware to it this September.

ToTBellHop

I had a party when Mr. Toad closed...I absolutely loathed that ride...I don't really see how going to hell applies to either Fantasyland or the Magic Kingdom...

kaos

please, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS SACRED

Do a thread search before you start a new one... this has been covered to death for the past 5 years... and very recently again i might add.. within the past 2 weeks...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Here Lies J. Thaddeous Toad. He slipped on some pooh in the middle of the road.

:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom