I CANCELLED MY DISNEY TRIP

yensid1967

I think the executives at Disney should all have to spend a weeks vacation at Disney- Florida once a year, and go through a vacation like the rest of us- no special treatment, stand in the heat like the rest of us, pay the food costs, ride costs, hotel costs and wait for the bus like we do- on their dime. And report back on what they got for their vacation. I do agree they are quickly dwindling their pool of people who see the value of their vacation based on what they receive for increasing costs. It's quickly drying up and I think people are really reaching their tipping point. I know we are... and we have been taking lots of kids for a long time- but that window is quickly closing for us.
UNDERCOVER BOSS episode!!!!
For those NEARING their tipping point, the numbers are going up! I hope Disney feels that! A statement never so heartfelt about a beloved destination! Makes me SAD!

yensid1967

People
PLEASE......share your thoughts and opinions with Disney. Copy and paste your posts.
You might feel like it does nothing, but in a actually, over time it does.
Saying nothing ALWAYS gets you nothing.
Let our collective voices be heard.

Use this.
I just send an email, hopefully others will follow and do the same. let's bombard Disney with these emails and make a change for all guests!

G00fyDad

I just send an email, hopefully others will follow and do the same. let's bombard Disney with these emails and make a change for all guests!

Chapek:
rgb delete GIF by CORSAIR

yensid1967

People
PLEASE......share your thoughts and opinions with Disney. Copy and paste your posts.
You might feel like it does nothing, but in a actually, over time it does.
Saying nothing ALWAYS gets you nothing.
Let our collective voices be heard.

Use this.
if everyone that is online RIGHT NOW, takes a few minutes and sends and email, it can change things for guests!
I send an email and it took just 5-10 minutes to hopefully make a change for the better for all guests! YOU CAN BE APART OF THAT TOO-
SEND SEND SEND

MickeyLuv'r

I think that one of their major problems is that they're raising prices and, at the same time, cutting expenses.

They can make the resort a super-premium resort (more so than now) which, effectively, only the rich and super rich can afford. There's probably enough people high enough on the financial ladder where that is possible.

The problem is that they're killing the value at the same time.

It's one thing to position yourself as a discount regional park (Six Flags). It's fairly inexpensive but you know what you're getting. You're basically hitting the equivalent of a Denny's.

If you're going to go premium / exclusive, which looks to be what they're trying to do, you can't sell Texas Roadhouse dinners ($50/head) at chef prices ($500/head). You CAN satisfy someone at $500/head and make them think, "Wow.. That was expensive but you know what? It was worth every penny!" You HAVE to bring your A game. You have to be the best of the best. You can't cut corners while you do that and hope people won't notice when you give a couple a $1000 check.

Disney is like a Texas Roadhouse who decided:
- How can I get $500/head?
- How can I increase my profits even more by offering cheaper, and even smaller, cuts of meat?
- How can I reduce my costs even more? Paper napkins? Maybe have the cleaning crew come in once a week instead of every night? Maybe have them just come in once a month.. That'd probably work.

People simply won't go for that. You won't have a successful business when the experience made your customer feel like a chump instead of being wow'd. They're no longer wowing people (Well, SSE being the exception - that's pretty fantastic)- overall, it's cuts everywhere and increased prices. They still have a reservoir of nostalgia to go through. That normally keeps them going during the bad times. Now they're just draining the lake, in my opinion.
The only thing maybe...is that WDW previously offered some items/details that perhaps many people didn't care about.

Like WDW's printed napkins. Now, you and I maybe notice, but many people won't, or they won't care enough to cancel a visit if the napkins don't have WDW advertising tagline. Some might even prefer non-bleached napkins if they = more easily recycled. (or are now made from recycled paper instead of non-recycled fiber.)

I don't think anyone went to WDW just because they had pretty napkins.

However, people will now collect just about everything. I'm certain some folks did take extra napkins, not to use them, but JUST so they could collect and potentially sell them. So plain brown napkins eliminates the napkin hoarders.

In some ways, WDW was perhaps a little bloated when it came to offering little extras that nobody asked them to offer.

Brad Bishop

I don't think anyone went to WDW just because they had pretty napkins.

I think it depends on the atmosphere.

If I go to a Hooters and they hand me a roll of paper towels (which they do), it's what I expect because it's beer + bar food and not at all meant to be fancy. It's wings and beer.

Le Cellier, however, presents a much different atmosphere. It's quiet. The prices are up there (not chef prices but a good bit more than you'd pay at a nice steak restaurant). Everything in there says, "upscale"... and then you get your paper napkin. You may say it doesn't matter but I say it most definitely does. It tells me: they're trying to do things on the cheap. Why not just have a paper cup for my wine and a paper plate for my meal? You're going to notice these things. Plastic utensils anyone?

As soon as you start swapping these sorts of things out you're start sending a MUCH different message about what to expect. I'm not talking about WDW inscribed cloth napkins here that might be tempting for someone to take. I'm just talking about regular cloth napkins.

hanwill

UNDERCOVER BOSS episode!!!!
For those NEARING their tipping point, the numbers are going up! I hope Disney feels that! A statement never so heartfelt about a beloved destination! Makes me SAD!
Except I want them to feel the pinch of all the added costs. It should come out of their pocket- and I know some have deeper pockets, but they can compare those trips to their regular deep pocket vacation and decide if it's worth all that money. They have no clue what they are doing to a Disney vacation, or a Disney trip go-er- because they aren't doing it.

yensid1967

Except I want them to feel the pinch of all the added costs. It should come out of their pocket- and I know some have deeper pockets, but they can compare those trips to their regular deep pocket vacation and decide if it's worth all that money. They have no clue what they are doing to a Disney vacation, or a Disney trip go-er- because they aren't doing it.
They need to go in with our budget and not theirs!

Married5Times

Yeah.. put me in the camp of people not rooting for an economic recession because a theme park isn't what I want it to be.

you sorely(and likely deliberately) misinterpreted the spirit of the recession post.

i think it's safe to say close to no one wishes for a recession, but if it happens may it deeply affect Disney and other greedy organizations

Roy G. Dis

hope [a good old fashioned recession] does come and Disney takes a big profit hit and resets their greedy way of thinking

you sorely(and likely deliberately) misinterpreted the spirit of the recession post.

i think it's safe to say close to no one wishes for a recession, but if it happens may it deeply affect Disney and other greedy organizations

Hard to misinterpret one hoping that a recession comes in John park hopper's post.

Brad Bishop

When one hits, I think the question will be, "Did they off enough fans/APers?" That'll be the well the go to, as always, during tough times.

My guess is that there is still enough nostalgia in the reservoir to sustain them.

It's been noted that they hold their fans/APers in disdain.

MickeyLuv'r

I think it depends on the atmosphere.

If I go to a Hooters and they hand me a roll of paper towels (which they do), it's what I expect because it's beer + bar food and not at all meant to be fancy. It's wings and beer.

Le Cellier, however, presents a much different atmosphere. It's quiet. The prices are up there (not chef prices but a good bit more than you'd pay at a nice steak restaurant). Everything in there says, "upscale"... and then you get your paper napkin. You may say it doesn't matter but I say it most definitely does. It tells me: they're trying to do things on the cheap. Why not just have a paper cup for my wine and a paper plate for my meal? You're going to notice these things. Plastic utensils anyone?

As soon as you start swapping these sorts of things out you're start sending a MUCH different message about what to expect. I'm not talking about WDW inscribed cloth napkins here that might be tempting for someone to take. I'm just talking about regular cloth napkins.
I more meant the napkins in the park. Those were the ones that changed to plain brown, but were previously white w/WDW's slogan, and people used to collect them.

Brad Bishop

You guys are so miserable, lol. Disney "holds their fans in disdain".
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Actually, it was Pete Werner (Dis Unplugged) who said it.

Huge Disney fan. I think others have come out and said they especially don't like APers and call them something like Annual (or something along those lines).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom