I C E C R E A M !!!!!

Tim G

Original Poster
IMO you can get the VERY BEST hand-scooped ice cream cones at:

* Seashore Sweets on the BoardWalk *

Where in the WDW do you get your favorite ???

Mr. Toad

The Dolphin Fountain at the Dolphin is also very good.

Try the Dolphin Splash (I think that is what it is called). My wife and I split one of these. It has 7 flavors of ice cream and 7 toppings (your choice on both accounts). We made our choices and I got a milk shake to wash it down. Well, I guess we didn't pay attention since 7 flavors does not mean 7 scoops. There were 2-3 scoops of each flavor for a total of what seemed like 18 scoops of ice cream. We did not finish it (but most of it was gone) and the milk shake left with me (mostly still in the cup). This was our "lunch". Needless to say we did not feel much like dinner that night.

But given the chance I would do it again.

Yummmmm!

DisneyPhD

Mr Toad, WOW, coming from a lactose intollerent person that sounds painful!!!!!!!

I can't belive no one has metioned Beaches and Cream. Our very favorite place at WDW. The icecream is great. We uselly get a milkshake (spilt it and they will put it in 2 different cups for you.) and sometimes a small sundae later.

One time we sat at the counter and saw them make 12 "Kitchen Sinks". Didn't eat one ourselves. One kid at a table of college students wanted a cup to "drink the rest of it."

Also love the strawberry fuirt whips in fantasy land.

figmentmom

Best ice cream? The strawberry swirls at the Enchanted Grove, across from Cosmic Ray's in the MK. (It's vanilla ice cream swirled with strawberry sherbert.) Yum!!!

Best frozen yogurt? The vanilla frozen yogurt at Wonders of Life, especially with the optional strawberry fruit topping. (Funny, I don't really care for strawberries at home!)

Best non-dairy frozen dessert? Dole whips, at Aloha Isle in Adventureland in the MK.

Now I'm hungry!:slurp:

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
I can't belive no one has metioned Beaches and Cream. Our very favorite place at WDW. The icecream is great. We uselly get a milkshake (spilt it and they will put it in 2 different cups for you.) and sometimes a small sundae later.

One time we sat at the counter and saw them make 12 "Kitchen Sinks". Didn't eat one ourselves. One kid at a table of college students wanted a cup to "drink the rest of it."

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Speaking of BEACHES and CREAM, here's some of the NEW 2003 menu: (Be sure to check out the KITCHEN SINK!!!)

* Old-Fashioned Sundae - Drenched with your choice of one of the following toppings - marshmallow, strawberry, pineapple, peanut butter, hot fudge, butterscotch, chocolate syrup. Topped with whipped cream, toasted almonds, and a cherry - Two scoops - $5.99 - Three scoops - $7.99 - Extra toppings - $.99 each

* Milky Way Sundae - A dreamy Bundt cake topped with three scoops of vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, butterscotch, whipped cream, and a cherry - $7.99

* Fudge Mud Slide - A gooey, chewy brownie covered with hot fudge, three scoops of vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookies, whipped cream, and a cherry - $7.99

* No Way Jose - A peanut butter and hot fudge delight featuring chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate morsels, whipped cream, and a cherry - $7.99

* "Classic" Banana Split - A ripe banana, three scoops of ice cream (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry), pineapple, strawberry and marshmallow topping. Finished off with hot fudge, butterscotch, toasted almonds, whipped cream, and a cherry - $7.99

"The Famous" Kitchen Sink - Scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee, and mint chocolate chip, smothered in every topping we have - "You gotta see it to to believe it" - $21.99

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

GenerationX

There was a little ice cream stand with freshly churned ice cream on the path from the boat dock to River Country.

Best. Chocolate Chip. Ice Cream. Anywhere. :slurp: :slurp:

I must say I was extremely disappointed in the Chocolate Malt I had at Beaches & Cream last summer. Clearly, it had been made with chocolate ice cream - and not vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup - a huge malt faux pas in my book.

Stellajack

Premium Member
Favorite ice cream

:slurp: We loved the ice cream at the Ice Cream Social at Epcot's Garden Grill in the Land! Pluto kept coming 'round and licking my DH's icecream cone, then asking one of us to clean his tongue for him!

Mitzer

Do we have to pick only one :lol: ?

Our all time favorite ice cream place is Beaches and Cream :slurp: ...with a close second coming in for The Ice Cream Social. We were lucky enough to do the social years ago when it first started (Then DC was MKC) and they gave it to members as a free perk. Doubt those days will come again, since it is so popular...but Thanks Disney for the memories...YUMMY :slurp: .

SirNim

First of all, ice cream is a good thing no matter what kind it is or where it is from.

Secondly, ice cream being enjoyed in Walt Disney World tastes even sweeter, creamier, tastier, regardless of what kind it is or where it is from. Ice cream in WDW (period) is a pretty darn good thing.

That said, I personally enjoy the legendary, ritualistic, habitual, customary, practice, rountinely, sacramentally sound process of enjoying a famous Pineapple Dole Float (with pineapple juice, vanilla ice cream (or is that pineapple sorbet? oh Bother... no matter what it sure is Good) at Aloha Isle just over the bridge in Adventureland!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :)

orangefan15

Strawberry Shortcake sundae at Mrs. Pott's in Fantasyland...wish I had one right now.

Plus, each and every cart, store, food court that sells Mickey Ice Cream Bars...YUMMY!!!

Dizknee_Phreek

Pineapple Whips from the Dole Whip place in MK.

the absolute most scrumptious milkshake in the entire world is the chocolate milkshake from Ghiradelli's!

GREAT soft served at Auntie Gravity's in MK!

and the best sundae is from WoL (Plain and Simple is the name of the place, yes?) anyway, brownie with vanilla ice cream and your choice of a fruit topping (i had strawberry) :slurp: :slurp:

oh, and my last trip i had vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and strawberry toppings from Tamu-Tamu Refreshments in AK...that was my Thanksgiving Day lunch! :D

wannabeBelle

this might be a bit simplistic, but I had the make your own sundae at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. I also ordered a side of banana and whipped cream. perfect sized banana split for me!!! I had such a good time putting on all the little cups of toppings!! YUM!!! Thanks Uncle Spencer!!!! Belle

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by orangefan15
Strawberry Shortcake sundae at Mrs. Pott's in Fantasyland...wish I had one right now.

Plus, each and every cart, store, food court that sells Mickey Ice Cream Bars...YUMMY!!!

Exactly what I'd have said if I got here first! :lol:

Those are my pics as well. :)

kennyj29

Soft Ice Cream

We go at least 3 times to MGM because we love the soft ice cream stand across from the back stage tour>...............it's the best. Waffle Cones with soft ice cream.................yum!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom