I believe tickets expiration dates are changing right now?

Unbanshee

As another random note into this discussion. I have a Platinum Florida Resident pass that expires on AUG 10 using monthly payment. I chose to just hold on the payments until the re-opening and go from there. About 30 minutes ago, I was able to go onto the WDW website and purchase my AP renewal that takes me thru AUG 2021. So renewals of AP's are now available- they were not last week.

Haven't APs always been available for purchase?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Haven't APs always been available for purchase?
I thought the purchase of a new AP got locked out when they stopped all other ticket sales. Did I just assume that?I know I looked to renew mine a few last weeks ago and was unable to. Then I went in a day or so and realized I could so I completed the renewal tonight.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I thought the purchase of a new AP got locked out when they stopped all other ticket sales. Did I just assume that?I know I looked to renew mine a few weeks ago and was unable to. Then I went in a day or so and realized I could so I completed the renewal tonight.
I didn’t think AP renewals were suspended but I could be wrong. I thought that was only Disneyland. If you tried a few weeks ago you may have been before your 60 day window of ~June 10.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I didn’t think AP renewals were suspended but I could be wrong. I thought that was only Disneyland. If you tried a few weeks ago you may have been before your 60 day window of ~June 10.
I clearly mis-stated the couple of weeks ago (Duuhhh). I started checking right at the 60 day window and the option to renew only showed up the beginning of this week. When I saw the extension stuff kicking in it reminded me so I went in tonight and renewed my pass. I learned last year to renew immediately when my window opens. Last year I renewed the first day I was eligible and about a week later there was a huge price increase so I saved the ~$150 increase by renewing as soon as possible. I don't expect any price increase this year but it's a habit I've developed now, just in case.

Hcalvert

So what happens if you called them to have the partial refund of the paid in full AP? I called a few times over the last few months and they said someone would call us... which has not happened.
Wondering the same. My daughter had an AP that expired a week ago. She had a trip scheduled in May to get a last visit in and will not be able to return until next summer at the earliest. It was paid in full at purchase and when I called... was told they would call us, which has not happened yet.
I called on May 27 to request a refund. I also requested the refund in a Disney gift card as I do not have access to the credit card or the Disney Rewards that I used to pay for the passes as I closed the account a while back before I had to pay an annual fee. As for the refund amount, the representative did not give me an amount, but I figured it out for myself based on when our passes expire (July 8) that we am due a 113 day refund, which equates to about $400 including tax (per pass--we have 3). I also renewed since I was concerned that if I didn't it could possibly mess up my ability to make park reservations on July 11 (we have a resort reservation) and we plan to go back in June 2021. We have Platinum passes.

Last edited:

Jenifurby

Has anyone who had their pass disappear from the app have their pass re-appear with an extension?

My pass expired on May 6th and has since disappeared from the app, I'm worried about it not showing on the app.

Thanks.
Yes, my daughter had paid in full Gold pass that expired in March, Magically reappeared in the app now expires in July

What's weird is the new expiration dates only show up in MDE app, when you log into the website there is no annual pass to be found

DisneyOutsider

What do you mean? I want to return my pass due to the virus and the fact that half the resort is closed. I should get a 10+ month refund.

You can receive a full pro-rated refund for the duration of the closure. Other than that, you can try your luck with giving your sob story to customer service and see if they take pity on you. It could work.

disneygeek90

Hmm okay. This is weird. I had a pass that expired on 4/20. I renewed a week before the shutdown.

Now the original pass reflects 8/15/20 and my “renewed” pass shows 4/20/21. Hopefully that’s still in the process of being updated...

ThatMouse

You can receive a full pro-rated refund for the duration of the closure. Other than that, you can try your luck with giving your sob story to customer service and see if they take pity on you. It could work.

Take pity on me for what? Not wanting to go into a crowd during a pandemic or having paid full price for 1/3 of the services? It's really a nasty business practice to keep everyone's money and only offer a 3 month extension. I was thinking even 4 months would be a little stingy. IMO you guys are being too nice.

DisneyOutsider

Take pity on me for what? Not wanting to go into a crowd during a pandemic or having paid full price for 1/3 of the services?
Yes, take pity on you for exactly that.

You aren't entitled to a dime more, but Disney has been pretty lenient in it's refund practices both in the past as well as through the pandemic closure. Give them a call and put on your must convincing sad face.

A little perspective I think would be helpful here. COVID 19 is "nasty"... But WDW's response has not been nasty. It's not their fault this is happening any more than it is yours or mine. It's a situation that has never happened before to these businesses and may not happen again for a long time (hopefully).

scpergj

My son’s pass (florida resident silver, monthly) was extended last night by exactly four months; wife, daughter and I have not yet (same pass). Obviously they are working through these, so I’m not overly concerned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom