I believe tickets expiration dates are changing right now?

carolina_yankee

Our passes expired May 6 and have disappeared from MDE. Would they automatically reappear at some point with the extension? I won't need them but I'd like the extension of the renewal window so I can decide whether to extend or throw the dice on new tickets based on how park access is going.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Our passes expired May 6 and have disappeared from MDE. Would they automatically reappear at some point with the extension? I won't need them but I'd like the extension of the renewal window so I can decide whether to extend or throw the dice on new tickets based on how park access is going.
Yes that is the expected outcome

Gillyanne

Another for the pile of still no movement. 3 FL Res Weekday Select passes (2 expire 03 Sept, 1 exp 10 Feb 2021); and my mom's Non FL Platinum that expired in April is still MIA; I wonder if the extensions are completely random or in some kind of order.

Our last name initials are H, J, & V; passes were purchased April 2019; July 2019 Vouchers/Activated Sept 2019; and Feb 2020 Purchased as the "discovery disney" used 1x in Feb, and then upgraded to AP in March via phone I think... Since we're all over the place I half expect to see ours change at different times, but I really don't know

RememberWhen

My family members’ passes were extended this morning.
DVC Gold passes
Original expiration: 10/18/2020
New expiration: 2/12/2021

it actually works great for them since they will be at Disney 2/6-2/13. We leave for a cruise 2/13 (probably?).

Texas84

What do you mean? I want to return my pass due to the virus and the fact that half the resort is closed. I should get a 10+ month refund.
I'm not sure why that person responding to you is being so difficult.

From the web site:

As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.

DisneyOutsider

From the web site:

As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.
He already knows that... He wants a refund for beyond just the closure period due to reduced operations/capacity

Ravenclaw78

From the web site:

The partial refund is for approximately 4 months. ThatMouse knows that, but is dissatisfied with that offer and is demanding a repayment of 10 months. The people responding to him feel that demand is unreasonable.

Gillyanne

Another for the pile of still no movement. 3 FL Res Weekday Select passes (2 expire 03 Sept, 1 exp 10 Feb 2021); and my mom's Non FL Platinum that expired in April is still MIA; I wonder if the extensions are completely random or in some kind of order.

Our last name initials are H, J, & V; passes were purchased April 2019; July 2019 Vouchers/Activated Sept 2019; and Feb 2020 Purchased as the "discovery disney" used 1x in Feb, and then upgraded to AP in March via phone I think... Since we're all over the place I half expect to see ours change at different times, but I really don't know

So my mom's MIA Non Res Platinum has now come back displaying the (expected) new expiration of 10 Aug :) Still waiting on the other 3 mentioned :)

RSoxNo1

One thought mentioned by @lentesta from a listener to his podcast was that the extension would be based on the first day of use by that particular guest. I'm sure restrictions would have to be in place but this could be a reasonable accommodation for people that are uncomfortable.

I think they could basically say however many days the guest had left on March 15th those will be added to their AP upon the first re-use through 12/31/2021. Whatever date happens first would be the expiration date.

Disstevefan1

Forgive me if this is being discussing somewhere, but I have 5 unused tickets on MDE and *one* of them is now valid through Sept 26, 2021. This change literally just happened, but only for one of them. All others are still valid through Dec 15, 2020.

Did this happen to anyone else? Haven’t seen people talking about it.

Those tickets are not tied to any of the resorts, btw. We were staying offsite. We never got to make any FP plans and I had already manually cancelled restaurant reservations a couple of months ago. So, just tickets.
I just checked the app, they extended the expire date of our APs, they look to have shaved a few days off it though, cheaters...... The whole thing is stupid, I purchased three APs that have no blackout dates specifically to have the ability to go anytime I want, but thats gone now, so the pass is not even worth what I paid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom