i am suppose to book my trip .... BUT I AM TOO MAD TO DO IT...

IDSkinner

i am less then 6 months out from "going to WDW".. but right now.. I can't look at an ad.. I can't watch a special... I can't hardly discuss it with my wife.. For one of the first times in my life.. I have the money and the time and the imputes to go back to Disney.. over the years I have struggled with both time and MONEY, and yet I leaned on my wife enough to make it all happen for me and our family.. Don't get me wrong., She loves Disney as much I have ever have.. but she has to bend the bills to pay for all of this.. but RIGHT NOW.. I don't want to pull the pin and go.. I am afraid , one of Covid, but even more afraid that with the current pricing structure.. that in the end .. I WON"T HAVE A GOOD TIME>.

Disney in our minds could and we have anticipated that they will raise prices.. this is a given under the current regime.. but its HOW MUCH they have taken way that has kicked me in the guts.. TO PAY EXTRA JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE... Walt would have fired the first person saying so in public or in a private meeting.. THIS IS NOT DISNEY.. and I don't care what UNIVERSAL DOES.. its like comparing Apples and CONCRETE.. they are not the same.. for one UNIVERSAL GIVES AWAY FREE DAYS.. right there its all different.. IT"S SNOT DISNEY... its concrete..

i Do not want to get on an airplane and come home and say.. IT WAS A BAD TRIP.. it was TOO MUCH MONEY.. or NOT ENOUGH PIXIE DUST.. or what ever.. because that would ruin my lifetime of never having a bad day in the park.. never having a bad day at disney.. I do not want that.. but right now.. I can't book this trip..

Its not a good situation and I have no real solution for it.. I am going to GO ONE MORE TIME.. this has been a PROMISE IN THE MAKING.. but i just want it to be a good experience and not a bad one for my grandchildren.. I don't want to be a " special customer" .. I want to feel like I have always felt, where truly this is ONE OF MY TRUE HAPPY SPOTS.. a place where i cry at happiness many many times in 8 days.. and especially when I leave.. I just can't do it at this time..

I just can't..
Thanks for sharing this. What you described was what I was feeling a couple of months ago and almost cancelled my trip that we just returned from. (We went 10/16-10/23) Last trip to DW was 2016.

First-We are from Idaho, so concerns on flight cancellations and such were a worry for us.
Second-We decided to invite two of my daughter's friends to go with us, so there was that added responsibility and expense. They covered airfare and park tickets and we covered the rest including food.
Third-Concerns on what would happen if anyone got Covid and one or more couldn't return was a stressful thought.
Fourth-Masks suck to wear and I'm tired of it, but that's the rule and it wasn't that bad in the end. It was still hot when we went, so the masks don't help in some of the queue's, but it was tolerable.

We had a BLAST! I tried Genie for one day and found it to be not important enough to pay for again. Like another mentioned, wait times were low. So, waits weren't bad at all and I stressed myself out when considering the expense of Genie+ for no reason in the end. There are other discussions on here about Genie+ which I agree with on when it might be good to have and when it's not worth it. Based on when you're going, it looks promising to not stress about having it.

In the end, we just simply needed Disney with everything that's been going on and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I'm a planner and I found myself just enjoying the vibe that's Disney. We ate cart food mostly and brought snacks such as jerky, protein bars, trail mix, etc, in and we didn't find that we spent a fortune on food.

We stayed off property and I hated the place that I picked(The Grove). I mean I hated that place. I wish I'd spent a little more and stayed on property, but with six of us(my family plus the two guests) it was hard to find something that would accommodate that many, so I had to go off property. There's something about being in the bubble that I'm willing to pay for. I don't like renting a car and paying for parking, getting in traffic, etc. Yes, it costs more, but the experience is worth something to me. Enough so that I've already requested a David's DVC Rental for my wife's birthday next October. Yes, I'm more than 11 months out, so have to wait, but I'm ready to look forward to the next trip.

In the end, there's no place like Disney. Yes, I do like to eat at the restaurants, but I'm not rich and won't pay for many of them. Turkey legs, Churro's, popcorn, etc. are great Disney Food, as well, and don't break the bank and I didn't have to leave the park. Plus, we were there during the Food and Wine Fest which allowed us to have all kinds of options for $5 each.

I'd say go! Enjoy being at Disney and relax as that's what I ended up needing more than anything and, like I said, that's coming from a planner. I found myself sitting down occasionally and enjoying the environment. You can't beat it anywhere else.

Again, thanks for sharing and I think I was worked up like you were. I didn't know how much food was going to cost me along with everything else, but we made good and economical choices and you'll do the same and have fun.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
monsters-inc.gif

You seem to be "done" every other week...

yensid1967

According to the AECOM- theme Index 2020, WDW attendance was down a whopping 68.1% (MK 66.9%, Epcot 67.5%, HS68%, AK 70%), comparatively Universal was only down about 62% (US62.5% IoA 61.4%)
If the attendance is down in 2021 as it was in 2020 and the parks are crowded>>>I think it's time to build a 5th Park!! Just sayin no need for discussion!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The only way any of this will stop is if people stop giving their money to this company, voting with your wallet is the only thing Disney hears any more. So not going might be the right thing to do
I firmly believe that if we vote with our wallets and cease funding the parks, current management will interpret the loss of revenue as a sign that it's time to sell off the parks and resorts and just license the IPs to whoever buys them.

Chi84

Premium Member
I firmly believe that if we vote with our wallets and cease funding the parks, current management will interpret the loss of revenue as a sign that it's time to sell off the parks and resorts and just license the IPs to whoever buys them.
Unfortunately, this may be the most accurate assessment of the situation I've seen. It happened on a much smaller scale when the wonderful Marriott's Great America was sold and became a ubiquitous Six Flags. Hope it doesn't happen to WDW.

JIMINYCR

Sorry to be curt, but do you really think we don't all know about the pandemic?

None of us can predict the future. It is more...I have been reading posts like your for the past several months, saying WDW numbers can't go down, but they did go down. Perhaps it is comforting to assume WDW will bounce back. I'm not personally confident their current practices are serving them very well.

I have many WDW visits under my belt; I hope they find a way to correct their missteps, but I also don't want to pretend the flaws don't exist.
No.. Theres no reason to be curt. You were the one to ask me when will WDW get back to 2019 levels. So I answered. And I never said WDW numbers couldnt go down as others have said. Ive been saying they will go up and gave a reason why they did go down. If you are going to respond to a post then at least read it and know what you are responding to.
I also have numerous visits and I dont pretend they dont have faults. Of course they do and many I agree are their own doing. I would like to see Disney go in a different path than the one they are on at the moment. But I am realistic that guests who protest by cancelli ng trips arent going to be enough to make Disney change. Its foolish to think that their holding back will harm Disneys bottom line enough to matter a hoot.

saymarc

Save up your money another year and go to Tokyo Disney. It is 100 times more magical than WDW and you feel a genuine love from the Cast Members. They genuinely want you to have a great experience. Then, explore the beauty and wonderfulness of Japan! It’s one of my favorite countries on Earth!

Another option is to go to California and have a SoCal experience with a touch of Disney. LA and Orange County have so much to offer and way better weather…and water…lol…than Orlando! There are some great hotels within walking distance to Disneyland and you could also mix it up and stay at a beach hotel in Laguna Beach.

eliza61nyc

i am less then 6 months out from "going to WDW".. but right now.. I can't look at an ad.. I can't watch a special... I can't hardly discuss it with my wife.. For one of the first times in my life.. I have the money and the time and the imputes to go back to Disney.. over the years I have struggled with both time and MONEY, and yet I leaned on my wife enough to make it all happen for me and our family.. Don't get me wrong., She loves Disney as much I have ever have.. but she has to bend the bills to pay for all of this.. but RIGHT NOW.. I don't want to pull the pin and go.. I am afraid , one of Covid, but even more afraid that with the current pricing structure.. that in the end .. I WON"T HAVE A GOOD TIME>.

Disney in our minds could and we have anticipated that they will raise prices.. this is a given under the current regime.. but its HOW MUCH they have taken way that has kicked me in the guts.. TO PAY EXTRA JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE... Walt would have fired the first person saying so in public or in a private meeting.. THIS IS NOT DISNEY.. and I don't care what UNIVERSAL DOES.. its like comparing Apples and CONCRETE.. they are not the same.. for one UNIVERSAL GIVES AWAY FREE DAYS.. right there its all different.. IT"S SNOT DISNEY... its concrete..

i Do not want to get on an airplane and come home and say.. IT WAS A BAD TRIP.. it was TOO MUCH MONEY.. or NOT ENOUGH PIXIE DUST.. or what ever.. because that would ruin my lifetime of never having a bad day in the park.. never having a bad day at disney.. I do not want that.. but right now.. I can't book this trip..

Its not a good situation and I have no real solution for it.. I am going to GO ONE MORE TIME.. this has been a PROMISE IN THE MAKING.. but i just want it to be a good experience and not a bad one for my grandchildren.. I don't want to be a " special customer" .. I want to feel like I have always felt, where truly this is ONE OF MY TRUE HAPPY SPOTS.. a place where i cry at happiness many many times in 8 days.. and especially when I leave.. I just can't do it at this time..

I just can't..
Oy Vey. Really all this stress from a vacation.
Okay just my take.
1) there is no guarantee ANY vacation will not go bad. I've dropped thousands on Caribbean vacations that ended up as disasters.
2) from you're rant you are in a no win situation. You are already complaining about how much Disney has taken away. So basically when you get there instead of focusing on enjoying what is there you will be complaining about what's not there.
3) Walt went public with his company so no one knows what he could have, would have done in TODAY'S environment.
4) not understanding the problem. You say you want a place where you can "cry happiness" all day and you say you can't do that at Disney. So you'll go and then blame disney???

eliza61nyc

Go. Or don’t go. Just know that whichever you decide will have zero impact on WDW. For every one person on a forum like this who cries and whines about every single change that is made, there are about a million more people who go to WDW and just enjoy the hell out of it. Personally, I am firmly entrenched in the latter category.
I actually think that's at the heart of the issue. They're mad at current Disney policy but they are even more mad at those who still love it and have no problem returning. Basically we're told that we are "rich" and Disney wasn't originally made for us or as in the LL thread They're "stupid "
Go figure

eliza61nyc

Quit reading all the negativity online and book your trip. You'll have a good time like you have had in the past. Too many people are afraid of anything new. Book your trip and I guarantee you'll be posting here how much fun you had. The negatives seem to disappear once you are back at your happy place.
Naah, unfortunately he's already talked himself into having a bad time. I've gone with folks like that. It's going to become a self fulfilling prophesy.
He's going to go and complain about everything they did before, things that haven't come back and the price.
And God forbid something goes wrong.
Seriously they need to find another vacation destination

eliza61nyc

At this point Disney is so detached from their core product and customers that any success or failing of the business is likely to be interpreted for the wrong reasons.

That's why the "vote with your wallet/don't like it don't go" arguments falls flat. We know that Disney will continue to raise prices and cut hours/services etc no matter how good or bad they do in a given quarter.
I think the problem is we put the emphasis on changing the company. That is never going to happen. When I say stop going it's because my emphasis is why go somewhere that you spend hours upon hours complaining about?? I seriously don't get that. This is THE ONLY place I know where people call themselves fans, live off of a memory of a good time and then get mad at the company. What's the old saying "foil me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".
The company is not, I repeat not going to change in the near future.
So the stop going argument shouldn't fall flat because it's the very simple solution. Find somewhere else, if you (no you personally but general use of the word) start planning a vacation and it immediately makes you unhappy or stress. Sorry imo, that's a clear sign that wdw is no longer a good fit and that's cool
Disney is not going back to the 80s or 90s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom