i am suppose to book my trip .... BUT I AM TOO MAD TO DO IT...

yensid1967

I am holding out on a trip until December 2026...1800 days away baby!! I am hoping things are back to some kind of normal by then, things are better at Disney. I know change is inevitable, but by then Iam hoping that Lightning Lanes have been replaced a few times over with something that is BETTER, there is a day and nighttime parades at MK. The pricing for the trip really hasn't gone up too much, even though we are PLANNING on taking the Auto Train! We stay off site because of the costs and we only do what is on our MUST DO lists.

So maybe the answer to your rant is to just wait and see and hopefully go on your trip, but at a later time!

Planning a trip to Disney USE TO BE a fun thing to do, now that everything has to be preplanned before you go...(READ THIS Disney) IT TAKES THE FUN OUT OF PLANNING A DISNEY TRIP WHICH MAKES IT A BAD START FOR A DISNEY VACATION!

Archie123

i am less then 6 months out from "going to WDW".. but right now.. I can't look at an ad.. I can't watch a special... I can't hardly discuss it with my wife.. For one of the first times in my life.. I have the money and the time and the imputes to go back to Disney.. over the years I have struggled with both time and MONEY, and yet I leaned on my wife enough to make it all happen for me and our family.. Don't get me wrong., She loves Disney as much I have ever have.. but she has to bend the bills to pay for all of this.. but RIGHT NOW.. I don't want to pull the pin and go.. I am afraid , one of Covid, but even more afraid that with the current pricing structure.. that in the end .. I WON"T HAVE A GOOD TIME>.

Disney in our minds could and we have anticipated that they will raise prices.. this is a given under the current regime.. but its HOW MUCH they have taken way that has kicked me in the guts.. TO PAY EXTRA JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE... Walt would have fired the first person saying so in public or in a private meeting.. THIS IS NOT DISNEY.. and I don't care what UNIVERSAL DOES.. its like comparing Apples and CONCRETE.. they are not the same.. for one UNIVERSAL GIVES AWAY FREE DAYS.. right there its all different.. IT"S SNOT DISNEY... its concrete..

i Do not want to get on an airplane and come home and say.. IT WAS A BAD TRIP.. it was TOO MUCH MONEY.. or NOT ENOUGH PIXIE DUST.. or what ever.. because that would ruin my lifetime of never having a bad day in the park.. never having a bad day at disney.. I do not want that.. but right now.. I can't book this trip..

Its not a good situation and I have no real solution for it.. I am going to GO ONE MORE TIME.. this has been a PROMISE IN THE MAKING.. but i just want it to be a good experience and not a bad one for my grandchildren.. I don't want to be a " special customer" .. I want to feel like I have always felt, where truly this is ONE OF MY TRUE HAPPY SPOTS.. a place where i cry at happiness many many times in 8 days.. and especially when I leave.. I just can't do it at this time..

I just can't..

I shake my head at posts like this. No one is making you go and there are A LOT of better vacation options than going to WDW but instead you are complaining about going and complaining about how bad Disney is right now but you will still feed the beast. Why do you think Disney is doing everything they are doing??? It is because they know people will still go no matter what they do. I know you are just complaining which is totally normal but don't go. Try something else. Give Disney a break and go back in a year or two because trust me...it's not going anywhere.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

...the crowds are mostly made up of those that have more money
Thats my point. It doesnt matter to Disney who is booking resorts or going into the parks... (except they do want those with more money to go who have more bucks to spend when they get in ).... whoever is deciding to stay away, the OP and others, gets replaced by someone else. The point is that Disney isnt getting hurt or getting hurt to the point where they will say... Oh crap, weve messed up, lets go back to the old ways. Numbers are solid enough to stay the course theyve set.

JIMINYCR

According to the AECOM- theme Index 2020, WDW attendance was down a whopping 68.1% (MK 66.9%, Epcot 67.5%, HS68%, AK 70%), comparatively Universal was only down about 62% (US62.5% IoA 61.4%)

For a few reference points among the top 25 theme parks worldwide: Efteling in the Netherlands was down 44.5%. Chimelong's Paradise was down 45.3%, and Chimelongs' Ocean Kingdom was down 59.1%.

It remains to be see what 2021 and 2022 will be. It is not at all a given that people will return. For 2020, MK was still the highest attendance 6,941,000, but #2 was Shanghai Disneyland 5,500,000, followed by Universal Studios Japan 4,901,000, which was closely followed by Chimelong's Ocean Kingdom 4,797,000 visitors.

And WDW's 2019 attendance numbers were very flat: MK up .5%, AK1%, Epcot 0%, and HS 2%. Star Wars land was supposed to be a big hit, but HS attendance only rose a mere 2%. Given how flat the rest of WDW was, and how hard it was to get a Boarding Group in 2019, those numbers were not at all impressive. In 2019, Chemelong's Ocean Kingdom rose 8.4% and Universal's Island's of Adventure rose 6%. Hagrid's did great things for Universal in 2019! (source: AECOM-theme park Index for 2019 and 2020)

Actually worldwide in 2019, Disney dropped .8%, while their competition crept closer. #2 Merlin Group went up .9%, #3China's Oct parks went up 9.4%, Universal was up 2.3% worldwide, and Fantawild was up almost 20%! (19.4%).
In this case when we are talking about how guests decide not to return to Disney because of their dissatisfaction of policies and pricing, you cant go by the numbers that are reflective of how Covid affected Disney, nor the numbers coming in even now. They are still bogus in telling us what Disney can or will do once the country returns to a normal state. Run the numbers in a year after this crap settles down and Disney get back to full normal staffing, events, performances, and shows. If the economy doesnt tank and families start deciding on a Disney trip vs another park, then we will see the real state of the numbers.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Then don't go...
Spend your money on something else and leave WDW to those who will appreciate it.
No one needs to be surrounded by bad vibes at Disney.
Unfortunately we all know this rant is just that. Words only words.
So if you aren't going to stop going then stop ranting.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
We got home yesterday and had an amazing time. We didn’t use Genie+ or Lightning lane and didn’t find any of the standby lines bad. Hit the E-tickets first thing in the morning and it kind of makes G+ and LL irrelevant.

We took afternoon swim breaks, watched outdoor movies at the resort, made s’mores over the campfire, hit Disney Springs a couple times, spent a day or two at each park… Honesty none of the new changes made this trip any less enjoyable than any of the others we’ve taken.

And how much did it all cost though?

I always found the idea of afternoon park breaks interesting. I can swim at my community pool for free, or watch movies and make smores at home. If I paid 150+ a day for park tickets, I'm using the entire day lol.

Nice rant... youve joined the many who cant see anything positive about WDW and cant find anything that would give you pleasure. If you want the last trip to be a good experience then definitely dont go again... ever. Disney is never going to be what it was under Walt and they arent about to change the way they are doing business because you and others are refusing to go. Dont set your hopes that by not booking you will be sending a message and Disney will feel the pain. Some other family will gladly take your place in booking a spot and Disney will not miss you. They wont even notice youve gone and arent returning. So spend those dollars somewhere else and enjoy someplace that can please you.
I do agree with you that there are many things not right. I also hate changes that have taken place. Change is hard to accept especially when it hits you in the wallet. You are free to stay away if thats a better choice for you. I still can enjoy a trip back despite those things I dont like. Just dont fool yourself that Disney is being affected by you staying away. The bookings are still there, the crowds are still there and will continue to be in the future.

The terrible truth.

MickeyLuv'r

In this case when we are talking about how guests decide not to return to Disney because of their dissatisfaction of policies and pricing, you cant go by the numbers that are reflective of how Covid affected Disney, nor the numbers coming in even now. They are still bogus in telling us what Disney can or will do once the country returns to a normal state. Run the numbers in a year after this crap settles down and Disney get back to full normal staffing, events, performances, and shows. If the economy doesnt tank and families start deciding on a Disney trip vs another park, then we will see the real state of the numbers.
So what date will WDW get back to 2019 attendance levels?

Facts are funny things. Universal Orlando did not see as much of a drop in attendance as WDW. That's as real as it gets.

Patcheslee

Our decision is due to what is still not back that would personally miss. If they were offered now we'd plan a trip for June 2021. But there is also the fact DD has now gotten to 7th grade where more sports are offered besides the customary football, basketball, cheer. It'll influence our decisions a bit because travel at our expense is expected. How far or how expensive is yet to be seen because it's the first year. Alot changes in 2 years that's for sure.

AdventureHasAName

I stopped going after my trip in 2013. I don't regret it. I'm resigned to a reality where Disney trips are a "once a decade" thing instead of a "once a year" thing. Disney doesn't want me as a customer; they've made that as clear as they possibly could.

JIMINYCR

So what date will WDW get back to 2019 attendance levels?

Facts are funny things. Universal Orlando did not see as much of a drop in attendance as WDW. That's as real as it gets.
Who can tell. Its going to be determined by the path covid takes over time and guests returning feelings of safety and comfort. Yes facts are facts but that doesnt change that they are not reflective of what Disney vs Uni will be as things get better. These numbers you state are covid affected. Only time will tell. And theres a difference between the two parks, Disney attracting more young families vs Uni attracting more older families with older members and adults. That can also be a big factor in Disneys drop in numbers... many families with young children less likely to risk a trip to Disney. More adults, older teens willing to risk going to Uni.

MickeyLuv'r

There’s so much whining people can’t even keep it out of a thread dedicated to “What’s positive about Disney recently?”
This has been true of every thread as long as I have been on this forum...and pretty much every forum, except where the mods aggressively delete posts.

I used to more closely follow such a forum, but...at some point the forum just diverged too far from reality for my tastes. That forum aggressively pulled every post about GE that was less than "GE is the best ride ever." Which just got...silly. The GE thread read like an ad. It wasn't informative at all. I just took a peek over there, and now they have predictably pulled almost the entire discussion of Genie+.

But everyone has a choice, yes? Reading this forum is as much of a choice as choosing to visit WDW.

Chi84

Premium Member
This has been true of every thread as long as I have been on this forum...and pretty much every forum, except where the mods aggressively delete posts.

I used to more closely follow such a forum, but...at some point the forum just diverged too far from reality for my tastes. That forum aggressively pulled every post about GE that was less than "GE is the best ride ever." Which just got...silly. The GE thread read like an ad. It wasn't informative at all. I just took a peek over there, and now they have predictably pulled almost the entire discussion of Genie+.

But everyone has a choice, yes? Reading this forum is as much of a choice as choosing to visit WDW.
Right. But I think creating a thread to discuss positives (or any other subject) is also a choice that should be respected. There are plenty of threads dedicated to complaining about WDW. If someone has nothing to contribute to the subject matter of the thread, they can exercise the choice not to post there.

JIMINYCR

Our decision is due to what is still not back that would personally miss. If they were offered now we'd plan a trip for June 2021. But there is also the fact DD has now gotten to 7th grade where more sports are offered besides the customary football, basketball, cheer. It'll influence our decisions a bit because travel at our expense is expected. How far or how expensive is yet to be seen because it's the first year. Alot changes in 2 years that's for sure.
And your factors that determine you staying away are a world apart from the OP's. WE also stayed away when DS was at that stage of his life with sports and school. We also had more expenses due to the costly sports pay out. Weve also stayed away other times of a year when refurbs and closures affected what we would be missing. Our last trip in May we decided even though it would be a different trip with many missing elements, despite the lesser value in what we were getting, it was worth us personally to go as a family.

MickeyLuv'r

Who can tell. Its going to be determined by the path covid takes over time and guests returning feelings of safety and comfort. Yes facts are facts but that doesnt change that they are not reflective of what Disney vs Uni will be as things get better. These numbers you state are covid affected. Only time will tell. And theres a difference between the two parks, Disney attracting more young families vs Uni attracting more older families with older members and adults. That can also be a big factor in Disneys drop in numbers... many families with young children less likely to risk a trip to Disney. More adults, older teens willing to risk going to Uni.
Sorry to be curt, but do you really think we don't all know about the pandemic?

None of us can predict the future. It is more...I have been reading posts like your for the past several months, saying WDW numbers can't go down, but they did go down. Perhaps it is comforting to assume WDW will bounce back. I'm not personally confident their current practices are serving them very well.

I have many WDW visits under my belt; I hope they find a way to correct their missteps, but I also don't want to pretend the flaws don't exist.

Vegas Disney Fan

And how much did it all cost though?

I always found the idea of afternoon park breaks interesting. I can swim at my community pool for free, or watch movies and make smores at home. If I paid 150+ a day for park tickets, I'm using the entire day lol.

It wasn’t cheap but nothing is anymore… for 6 nights at our hotel, 6 day park tickets, flights, food, etc it was around $5000 for the week.

About the same as we spent for a week in Hawaii in May.

As expensive as WDW is the flight costs are comparable to other destinations (domestic), the hotels are comparable to other destinations, the food is comparable to other destinations… the only major added expense is a couple hundred a day for our park tickets but that’s about what we’d spend sightseeing no matter where we went.

As for spending time at our resort that’s what makes a vacation fun for us, if we aren’t spending some time relaxing it’s not really a vacation. Not to mention we spend as much on the resort as we pay for the park tickets so we may as well enjoy it.

MickeyLuv'r

Right. But I think creating a thread to discuss positives (or any other subject) is also a choice that should be respected. There are plenty of threads dedicated to complaining about WDW. If someone has nothing to contribute to the subject matter of the thread, they can exercise the choice not to post there.
I actually posted to that thread...something positive. I haven't opened it today, but I could have 100% predicted there would be at least one negative.

A few months back, I opened a thread called, "What is this Tiki Room lyric?" It was about as benign a topic as one could possibly create. Alas, it was weirdly comical just how negative the thread turned, and I suspect the negativity was all because some forum members didn't know the answer to my question. So it was kinda funny just to read between the lines. But then, I used to work with young children.

Part of the current negativity comes from broader frustrations.

A long time ago, Henry David Thoreau said, "The mass of men [people] lead lives of quiet desperation."

(Alas, Thoreau is himself a curious fellow, but that is a discussion for another day.)

LittleBuford

i am less then 6 months out from "going to WDW".. but right now.. I can't look at an ad.. I can't watch a special... I can't hardly discuss it with my wife.. For one of the first times in my life.. I have the money and the time and the imputes to go back to Disney.. over the years I have struggled with both time and MONEY, and yet I leaned on my wife enough to make it all happen for me and our family.. Don't get me wrong., She loves Disney as much I have ever have.. but she has to bend the bills to pay for all of this.. but RIGHT NOW.. I don't want to pull the pin and go.. I am afraid , one of Covid, but even more afraid that with the current pricing structure.. that in the end .. I WON"T HAVE A GOOD TIME>.

Disney in our minds could and we have anticipated that they will raise prices.. this is a given under the current regime.. but its HOW MUCH they have taken way that has kicked me in the guts.. TO PAY EXTRA JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE... Walt would have fired the first person saying so in public or in a private meeting.. THIS IS NOT DISNEY.. and I don't care what UNIVERSAL DOES.. its like comparing Apples and CONCRETE.. they are not the same.. for one UNIVERSAL GIVES AWAY FREE DAYS.. right there its all different.. IT"S SNOT DISNEY... its concrete..

i Do not want to get on an airplane and come home and say.. IT WAS A BAD TRIP.. it was TOO MUCH MONEY.. or NOT ENOUGH PIXIE DUST.. or what ever.. because that would ruin my lifetime of never having a bad day in the park.. never having a bad day at disney.. I do not want that.. but right now.. I can't book this trip..

Its not a good situation and I have no real solution for it.. I am going to GO ONE MORE TIME.. this has been a PROMISE IN THE MAKING.. but i just want it to be a good experience and not a bad one for my grandchildren.. I don't want to be a " special customer" .. I want to feel like I have always felt, where truly this is ONE OF MY TRUE HAPPY SPOTS.. a place where i cry at happiness many many times in 8 days.. and especially when I leave.. I just can't do it at this time..

I just can't..
I would wait until the dust has settled on all the recent changes and reassess the situation in a year's time. Your feelings may have changed by then, or you may conclude that WDW is indeed no longer for you. I certainly wouldn't recommend booking the trip if you feel you're not going to enjoy it—save yourself the stress and the money. Disney isn't going anywhere, and there are plenty of other destinations to consider in the meantime.

KBLovedDisney

The only way any of this will stop is if people stop giving their money to this company, voting with your wallet is the only thing Disney hears any more. So not going might be the right thing to do
monsters-inc.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom