hurt at water park

stratman50th

Seems my little post caused a lot of controversy. I give up. You can't win a fight on the internet.
http://lifehacker.com/5811255/why-you-cant-win-an-argument-on-the-internet
The best way to win an argument on the internet is to not argue. Don't allow yourself to get sucked in in the first place. I present my comment or information. Elaborate if necessary or someone misunderstands what I'm trying to say, which also happens on the internet a lot. But really, I am not the least bit entertained by what people call "debate". I don't care. I have an opinion, and so do you. I know I'm not going to change your mind. However, I know even more you aren't going to change mine. Therefore, I don't waste my time in a pointless exercise. I do this for fun. I crack myself up! If I make someone else laugh along the way too, that's a plus!
My famous quote, "It's the internet, lighten up".

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Seems my little post caused a lot of controversy. I give up. You can't win a fight on the internet.
http://lifehacker.com/5811255/why-you-cant-win-an-argument-on-the-internet
It depends on your definition of win. If by "win" you mean convince every one that you are right, then no you can never win any argument on the internet. Most people have a hard time accepting an explanation that conflicts with their own preconceived one.

There are those that are convinced that the earth is only 6000 years old. You can provide mountains of verified data that the earth is somewhere between 3 and 4 billion years old yet you will never convince them that they are wrong.

stratman50th

There are those that are convinced that the earth is only 6000 years old. You can provide mountains of verified data that the earth is somewhere between 3 and 4 billion years old yet you will never convince them that they are wrong.
No way! Wikipedia says..............
Everyone knows that if it's written in Wiki it's true. Hell, for that matter, if it's on the internet it must be true! :D

The best way to win an argument on the internet is to not argue. Don't allow yourself to get sucked in in the first place. I present my comment or information. Elaborate if necessary or someone misunderstands what I'm trying to say, which also happens on the internet a lot. But really, I am not the least bit entertained by what people call "debate". I don't care. I have an opinion, and so do you. I know I'm not going to change your mind. However, I know even more you aren't going to change mine. Therefore, I don't waste my time in a pointless exercise. I do this for fun. I crack myself up! If I make someone else laugh along the way too, that's a plus!
My famous quote, "It's the internet, lighten up".

You're wrong, I disagree with you.

AlishaMisha

I have had two accounts of injuries at the water parks

Typhoon- Was on Crush 'n' Gusher on a triple with my cousin and dad. I was sitting in the front. When our tube hit the pool it for some reason made a dead stop and we kept on going. Since I was in the front everyone flew and piled up on me.

Blizzard- I refuse to go in their wave pool. When I was 12 (22 now) the bottom of the pool was so rough that it took all the skin of the tops of my toes when a wave came through. They bled like crazy and I had a wicked hard time getting them to heal when bandaids wouldn't hold well on them and all that friction in my shoes from walking around Disney for month. I still have scars on top of each one of my toes...there goes my foot modeling career :eek:

As a side note. At the end of March I was at Typhoon Lagoon. It was closing time and I went into the gift store. I saw this poor girl(looked about 14 or so) with her friends. She was all bandaged up from head to toe and was a bloody mess. She was also bruised quite heavily and had an ice pack on her face. This girl was in rough shape and looked like she just got hit by a bus. It was quite a horrible site :/ We heard an announcement about an hour before that for a chaperone from their school to go to the nearest CM so I assume this was the situation.

jrlang1

I have solved the mystery. The first man was wearing a Speedo and was causing to much friction. Ban the Speedo. Please god ban the Speedo

:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom