Hurricane Milton coming to FL

DrAlice

Earlier today the City of Orlando tweeted:

"The City of Orlando has issued a Lake Advisory for all lakes until further notice. Please refrain from any recreational activity or contact within the lakes. All boat ramps are closed. As a precaution, please also refrain from contact with standing water in the roadways."

Does this mean no Friendship boats?

MerlinTheGoat

"The City of Orlando has issued a Lake Advisory for all lakes until further notice. Please refrain from any recreational activity or contact within the lakes. All boat ramps are closed. As a precaution, please also refrain from contact with standing water in the roadways."

I would guess it wouldn't apply to Disney's transportation based watercraft. In fact, i'm not even certain if this order would apply to Disney at all since they're not technically part of Orlando. This isn't the first time the city has closed off boat ramps, I think they did so after Ian as well and I don't recall Disney stopping the boats. Could be wrong though, maybe someone else knows better.

The friendship boats (at least the ones that go to the resorts and between Epcot and DHS) again are important for transport. They're not likely to shut down the Magic Kingdom resort ferries either.

Disney Analyst

I would guess it wouldn't apply to Disney's transportation based watercraft. In fact, i'm not even certain if this order would apply to Disney at all since they're not technically part of Orlando. Could be wrong though, maybe someone else knows better.

I also assume this is more focused on lakes in the wild, as opposed to in a relatively controlled theme park?

Probably needing time to monitor or remediate erosion issues, allow for any big debris to come ashore / be removed, etc.

Ayla

This is for the City of Orlando, which WDW is not a part of.

Brian

Duke Energy seems particularly sluggish in restoration following this storm. They've been very impressive and efficient in recent years, but now it seems like they're back to their old habits.

I promise I'm not just saying that because my power is still out. I'm basing that on their own data.

JoeCamel

Duke Energy seems particularly sluggish in restoration following this storm. They've been very impressive and efficient in recent years, but now it seems like they're back to their old habits.

I promise I'm not just saying that because my power is still out. I'm basing that on their own data.
I wonder if it is because they have been a bit busy since Helene hit their prime service district?

Figments Friend

First off I'd like to say I hope everyone is ok. These things can be devastating and I hope the best for everyone who has had their lives uphanded by this storm.

Things like this are terrible, and can take away everything you love and even people you love. I just hope the minimum amount of damage possible happened I didn't turn on the news yet.

On an optimistic note. It was very empowering seeing Spaceship earth last night doing it's light show in the storm. It stood defiant as a strong beacon of optimism and unity as chaos surrounded it. This building that I've loved my whole life stands against horrible things and says "I'm going to stay bright and shiny, a light to inspire you even in darkest times." and I was moved to tears. Set against a backdrop of nostalgic Epcot favorite bgms, I fell asleep watching this lighthouse in the storm.

View attachment 820070

View attachment 820072View attachment 820073View attachment 820074

The spirit of the Original EPCOT Center lives on.

❤️

-

Gillyanne

Going on hour 19 without power, with no estimated time of restoration posted - hoping for power or news in the morning.
Still none for me either, coming up on 26hrs. The 630 etr came and went without any update to the time (just disappeared again). the South half of town seems to have power back but the chunk of neighborhoods towards the north are still on the map. Going back to sleep and hoping for restoration one if the times I wake up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom