Hurricane Matthew

PhotoDave219

Here, here.

We left yesterday. We were staying at Coranado Springs. No way I was staying at a resort where I'd have to walk between 5 to 10 minutes in pouring rain and wind gusts to get to the front desk.

When you are traveling with kids, moving from a cabin with a full kitchen and mini living area to a small room isn't ideal if you're willing to pay to upgrade. It's mostly frustrating.

For the record - I've built an entire neighborhood of houses in La Hatte, Haiti - block houses. (Well, actually, Hatians built the houses, I just provided the funds) I love Haiti and am heartbroken for them to have to face yet another disaster. .
ETA - I say that so I don't get blasted for wanting to stay in a deluxe resort while Haiti is suffering.

Theres a difference between wanting to stay in a deluxe versus whining about it online. Most of the sort here seem to be "make the best of it" people but others seem to think they're entitled.

wdwgreek

Its a hurricane anyone whining about a disney hotel not being perfect under the present circumstances needs to take a breath. My uncle and aunt evacuated thier home, my cousins in Orlando and working triple shifts, and there are hundreds of thousands of people in homes that may flood or blow away. Perspective. Its frustrating is nerve wracki g everyone is worried. Disney is concerned for the saftey of their guests and people are worried for the saftey of their families. Deep breaths and we'll all get through tonight and tomorrow! Pray for florida, the carolinas, Georgia and the Caribbean islands flattened by this awful storm.

Mirandagrate

We're still here at grand Floridian. Had lunch at chef mickeys at 2:15. It was eerily empty for quite a while. Characters stayed out and interacted a lot. We came back and my middle son and I put on our Halloween costumes and had a light saber dual in the lobby of our building for a while. Guests kept saying "oh no! It's darth vader!" He had a blast and we made some good memories. We went to our reservation at 1900 park fair. Some grumpy, old man on a scooter was horribly mean to a manager, almost hit us as he turned around. We had a great meal, every one was super friendly and they were giving people to-go boxes. We told our waiter and some other staff that we really appreciated everything they're doing. They're all working hard and you can see it. Goofy, Pluto, tigger and pooh have been here. And a wedding... Poor bride!

My main worry is that my 6 year old (Darth vader) has asthma and it's been really bad since we've been here. His coughing fits are the worst tonight... We've talked to front desk about what we need to do if we need to get him to the ER and they've been very informative. It's just scary... I hate asthma.. And asthma mixed with hurricane just sucks....

MOXOMUMD

It brought... a Tribe victory! (Happy Dance)
around-i-got-to-thinking-are-they-doing-the-happy-dance-at-work-dNUJbv-clipart.jpeg

samosaurus

We're still here at grand Floridian. Had lunch at chef mickeys at 2:15. It was eerily empty for quite a while. Characters stayed out and interacted a lot. We came back and my middle son and I put on our Halloween costumes and had a light saber dual in the lobby of our building for a while. Guests kept saying "oh no! It's darth vader!" He had a blast and we made some good memories. We went to our reservation at 1900 park fair. Some grumpy, old man on a scooter was horribly mean to a manager, almost hit us as he turned around. We had a great meal, every one was super friendly and they were giving people to-go boxes. We told our waiter and some other staff that we really appreciated everything they're doing. They're all working hard and you can see it. Goofy, Pluto, tigger and pooh have been here. And a wedding... Poor bride!

My main worry is that my 6 year old (Darth vader) has asthma and it's been really bad since we've been here. His coughing fits are the worst tonight... We've talked to front desk about what we need to do if we need to get him to the ER and they've been very informative. It's just scary... I hate asthma.. And asthma mixed with hurricane just sucks....
I think it's great that you've been able to make the best of a bad situation. I'm sure you'll never forget those memories. Prayers to you and your son tonight.

Daniel Johnson

Sounds like you have had a pretty good trip so far. As a son of a parent who has bad asthma, I know my mother always has a travel treatment machine with her on vacations. But, I also know she has forgotten it a time Or two. I remember her running hot water in the sink, putting a towel over her head and the sink basin and literally hot boxing the steam. It always seemed to work for her, with about the same affect of her treatments. You may want to try it. Best of luck with the rest of your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom