Hurricane Matthew

NYwdwfan

To those above, I say "Bull." Look at the number of people who will be needed to staff the stores/restaurants open at DS, and you should easily be able to staff at the very least portions of one of the theme parks. WDW is not interested in providing entertainment for its guests, it's interested in selling items at their new mall. They don't lose admissions, since most people will have length of stay passes, so their strategy is to get those people to spend money at the mall,rather than enjoy themselves at a park.

No they don't, and I never said that they needed to. I just pointed out that what they did do was directed towards selling merchandise rather than providing enhanced guest experiences.

Again, if you can staff all of these areas, don't you think you could at least staff part of one park. I'm thinking of the 5 attractions at DHS (excluding shows) that shouldn't need these many folks.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
Staffing a park is more than just the CMs at a handful of rides. There's security, custodial, food & beverage, guest services and a whole host of other behind the scenes staff necessary to run a theme park.

Eddie Garrison

Again, if you can staff all of these areas, don't you think you could at least staff part of one park. I'm thinking of the 5 attractions at DHS (excluding shows) that shouldn't need these many folks.

I respect everyone's opinion. However. Some, if not most of those restaurants are third party properties where Disney does not staff the restaurant.

Also. The Studios, as well as any other park, need staff much more than just the attractions. And, you cannot discount the shows as attractions simply since they are not rides.

Fantasmic, Beauty & the Beast, Indy even Little Mermaid have a lot of CM's that are needed to run them. But I understood what you meant.

Security, food & beverage, transportation, guest relations, etc, etc. is a huge part of the staffing as well.

No sense to open "part of a park", since there are just the five attractions you stated at The Studios ... Those five now pretty much encompass the entire park that is open to guests. So they would be opening the entire park in theory.

disney4life2008

To those above, I say "Bull." Look at the number of people who will be needed to staff the stores/restaurants open at DS, and you should easily be able to staff at the very least portions of one of the theme parks. WDW is not interested in providing entertainment for its guests, it's interested in selling items at their new mall. They don't lose admissions, since most people will have length of stay passes, so their strategy is to get those people to spend money at the mall,rather than enjoy themselves at a park.

No they don't, and I never said that they needed to. I just pointed out that what they did do was directed towards selling merchandise rather than providing enhanced guest experiences.

What time does disney springs close tonight?

Eddie Garrison

Just got back waaaay to crowded and the lines are crazy! Fun just to look around but no way would I wait in those lines! Especially for food the lines were so long I can't imagine these people will get tables

Us as well.

Decided it was not worth it to add to the madness. Ended up near home at an Applebees. 2 for 1 ... Just saying

TeriofTerror

Go Tribe. :)
FB_IMG_1475888350175.jpg

xstech25

This morning people were sending me pictures of lines at hotels for the front desk, and they were LONG.

Think about that for a second...there is a state of emergency, and instead of people being in their rooms (like anyone with common sense would do), they decide to go to the front desk for god knows what. Apparently just because the weather isn't bad that means they ignore the fact that there is a state of emergency and open everything up? There are a lot of idiots in this world.

SorcererMC

This morning people were sending me pictures of lines at hotels for the front desk, and they were LONG.

Think about that for a second...there is a state of emergency, and instead of people being in their rooms (like anyo
ne with common sense would do), they decide to go to the front desk for god knows what. Apparently just because the weather isn't bad that means they ignore the fact that there is a state of emergency and open everything up? There are a lot of idiots in this world.

There are a number of legitimate reasons why guests may have gone to the front desks, eg needing to extend their reservation, change their travel plans, wanting to know about cancellation fees, etc. [emphasis added]

From the Disney website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/hurricane-matthew-info/
"If Guests need to checkout early or move the dates of stay, they can go to the Disney Resort front desk where a Cast Member can assist in processing a refund for the unused nights, tickets and dining entitlements."

ETA: They were following Disney's protocol.....whether that protocol is efficient or effective or not is another question altogether.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom