Hurricane Irma

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Some people can be real jerks - no one on this board, of course.

The City tweeted out a reminder about the curfew tonight. Some jerk tweeted back to remind them he doesn't have power again tonight. Really? People in the Keys may have lost everything - lord knows when they will be able to return to what is left. MILLIONS in South Florida have no power, some also don't have water. And it may be weeks before they get it back. Epic flooding in Jacksonville.

56,000 customers in Tally lost power. They've restored power to 34,000. I think that's pretty doggone good for a 24 hour period...and they took a break from 4:30am to about 11:00am.

Sheesh

:rolleyes:

21stamps

Some people can be real jerks - no one on this board, of course.

The City tweeted out a reminder about the curfew tonight. Some jerk tweeted back to remind them he doesn't have power again tonight. Really? People in the Keys may have lost everything - lord knows when they will be able to return to what is left. MILLIONS in South Florida have no power, some also don't have water. And it may be weeks before they get it back. Epic flooding in Jacksonville.

56,000 customers in Tally lost power. They've restored power to 34,000. I think that's pretty doggone good for a 24 hour period...and they took a break from 4:30am to about 11:00am.

Sheesh

:rolleyes:

Yuck. I understand that we feel our own situation the most.. but in times like this, you still have to be grateful.. even though being "annoyed" is completely justifiable and understandable. Can't be a jerk...especially to the power crews who are working around the clock.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I hope they tweeted back an ad from a big box hardware store for generators...

21stamps

3 islands are opening tomorrow, to residents and business owners. Kudos to the crews who have been working nonstop since this morning. Hopefully the rest of the Keys will open shortly, and of course power, water, and cell service restored sooner rather than later.

Monroe County will open re-entry into the Keys for residents and business owners in Key Largo, Tavernier and Islamorada at 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Entry requires a yellow re-entry sticker or proof of residency or business ownership in those three cities. A roadblock will be put around Mile Marker 74, just before Sea Oates Beach where part of the road has washed out. An FDOT road crew will repair the road tomorrow.

Returning residents should consider that there are limited services. Most areas are still without power and water. Cell service is spotty. And most gas stations are still closed.

Mariners Hospital in Tavernier will open at 7 a.m. tomorrow.
Crews are continuing to work to clear U.S. 1 as quickly as possible. FDOT has inspected all the bridges along U.S. 1.

They cleared all the bridges to Mile Marker 16 as safe. They are waiting for reports on the safety of the remaining bridges.
The County will continue to evaluate the situation. The goal is to get all residents back into the Keys as quickly as possible.

Photo of U.S, 1 road damage along Sea Oates Beach by Cammy Clark/Monroe County
IMG_4302.JPG

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
3 islands are opening tomorrow, to residents and business owners. Kudos to the crews who have been working nonstop since this morning. Hopefully the rest of the Keys will open shortly, and of course power, water, and cell service restored sooner rather than later.

Monroe County will open re-entry into the Keys for residents and business owners in Key Largo, Tavernier and Islamorada at 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Entry requires a yellow re-entry sticker or proof of residency or business ownership in those three cities. A roadblock will be put around Mile Marker 74, just before Sea Oates Beach where part of the road has washed out. An FDOT road crew will repair the road tomorrow.

Returning residents should consider that there are limited services. Most areas are still without power and water. Cell service is spotty. And most gas stations are still closed.

Mariners Hospital in Tavernier will open at 7 a.m. tomorrow.
Crews are continuing to work to clear U.S. 1 as quickly as possible. FDOT has inspected all the bridges along U.S. 1.

They cleared all the bridges to Mile Marker 16 as safe. They are waiting for reports on the safety of the remaining bridges.
The County will continue to evaluate the situation. The goal is to get all residents back into the Keys as quickly as possible.

Photo of U.S, 1 road damage along Sea Oates Beach by Cammy Clark/Monroe County
View attachment 228714

This is excellent news!

Cosmic Commando

I don't know; Mike Bettes looked like he was getting his a*% kicked in Naples. Was out there in way harsher winds than Cantore. I kept asking my husband why weren't they letting this poor man get out of the sustained 90mph winds. It was dangerous & stupid.
I'm completely over the "guy in a hurricane" reporters. I kept thinking during this storm, "No wonder people decide to ride things out in their homes... this idiot is on TV riding out a hurricane in a wind breaker!"

21stamps

I'm completely over the "guy in a hurricane" reporters. I kept thinking during this storm, "No wonder people decide to ride things out in their homes... this idiot is on TV riding out a hurricane in a wind breaker!"

I do have to give credit and appreciation to Mike Theiss though. He may have been stupid, but if it wasn't for him there would even be less information out of the lower Keys than the little that exists.

ETA, should have added Reed Timmer in as well. Bonus points for saving passed out Duval guy. Most likely saved his life.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Don't know when this happen but, went to check on MK's entertainment for tomorrow(Everything's a go except for HEA and OUAT because of MNSSHP of course) and it looks like WDW got DLR's calendar software!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/
NOTE: Only big shows seems to be in the calendar as of now. If you want MRFF, Trolley Show, Let The Magic Begin, etc, you have to go to MK's main page then under entertainment for that day. Although, Hocus form MNSSHP is in the calendar.

SO GLAD that WDW and UO is back tomorrow! Hopefully all SWO needs is an extra day of clean up!

cmb5002

Do you guys know when the Navy carrier and ships are supposed to arrive in KW, or if they have already? I haven't seen anything.

No clue, I'm in Delaware and my family that lives down there is currently in PA. They are anxious to go and see how their house weathered the storm. They aren't getting much news, but the Key Deer vid really cheered them up. Every little bit is a help

DisAl

They are trying to make the story more dramatic, but as far as I am concerned they are just proving themselves to be idiots. They love to wear boots and stand out in the flood waters too. Next thing you know they will put some poor guy in a fireproof suit so he can stand in the middle of a forest fire while he talks about it!

IanDLBZF

That other site just tweeted that Jungle Cruse and WDWRR may not open tomorrow because of tree damage.
WDWRR can only reopen after the line is inspected, damage repaired, crossing signals reassembled, and signals tested.
Just like SunRail, "Taking it out of operation is quite a production, likewise, putting it back into operation."
For that matter SunRail remains closed tomorrow until further notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom