Hurricane Irma

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
12 AM Update.

Irma's moving kinda slow now. Inching toward putting WDW in it's hurricane wind field. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/05/us/hurricane-irma-map.html

Power: 54% outage in Florida. 47% in Orange County. https://poweroutage.us/Area/State/Florida

View attachment 228361

1 AM Update:

Still crawling NNW. Almost to the point of its closest passing of Tampa Bay. Almost has WDW in it's hurricane wind field. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/05/us/hurricane-irma-map.html

upload_2017-9-11_1-2-54.png

Power: 56% of Florida with outage. 48% of Orange County with outage.

The Southeast counties have had some power restored (going down from the 90% to the 70% range. But the rest of the state has seen outages increase. https://poweroutage.us/Area/State/Florida

upload_2017-9-11_1-6-32.png

bclane

in the eye right now as well,,so calm outthere..

luckily im on 3rd floor of my building so its the wind im most worried about ,oh and not having to use a boat to get out
We haven't found the eye yet but we are getting gusts over 100 mph. Actually shook the house so bad i felt it laying here in bed. That was a little disconcerting. Lol! Anyway, here's hoping neither of find too much damage when the sun comes up.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Same here! We have water coming in our house now. Carpets/floors in the master bedroom, closet, and garage are wet and squishy near the wall that is currently taking most of the wind right now. It is apparently coming in through cracks in the stucco and then finding its way under the carpet. This sucks but I know a lot of people have it a lot worse. The eye is apparently gonna pass right over my house so I still have that to look forward to. Hope you are having less Irma "fun" than me..

So sorry to hear that about your house

smp2k6

Irma's core due to hit us here at Marriott in Flamingo Crossings at WDW in 10 minutes. Wind picking up big time right now. God keep us and everyone safe. Water in drains, toilet, tub being sucked down drain. We're on the top floor. Wind howling through the air vents and down the hallway very loud now. We still have power. I can see lights of Epcot's parking lot so looks like Disney still has power as well. We face entire WDW property just over 429 via Western Way.

Sped2424

This might be the most intense storm Walt Disney World has seen in some time due to the last minute shift inland. I hope nothing is too damaged tomorrow. Here the winds and gusts have been on and off but it seems like we should be closer to the eye wall heading north of Orlando. Shoutout to the power lines in this area as they haven't failed us yet! Fingers crossed!

Sped2424

Irma's core due to hit us here at Marriott in Flamingo Crossings at WDW in 10 minutes. Wind picking up big time right now. God keep us and everyone safe. Water in drains, toilet, tub being sucked down drain. We're on the top floor. Wind howling through the air vents and down the hallway very loud now. We still have power. I can see lights of Epcot's parking lot so looks like Disney still has power as well. We face entire WDW property just over 429 via Western Way.
Your are almost through the worst of it please stay safe! Sending good thoughts your way!

Ismael Flores

I'm curious has anyone heard any information from some of the other resorts?
Universal hotels sit along water ways as well if I remember correctly.

Also I wonder how Busch gardens prepared to keep all those animals safe. Their bird exhibit will most likely get a pounding

Jay & Sue

ir40c3.png
The way it is right now at 2am Orlando time. Our home is just to the left out of this screen capture. Keep your heads down and hang on!

Last edited:

smp2k6

Wind has died down a bit here in Flamingo Crossings. Can confirm it looks like WDW still has power. Can see EPCOT parking lot lights. Did see a few huge blue flashes in the direction of the Magic Kingdom on the other side of 429 (WDW property). Not lightning. A few minutes after those flashes, lights on 429 went out. So, could've been power station/transformers. Looked like beams of light shooting straight up... bright blue. Like Aliens have invaded or something. We still have power, cable and internet here at the Marriott. We're close to getting through the worse of it here. Thoughts and prayers with everyone who is affected. As I finished typing this lights on 429 just came back on but are glowing from dim to bright and back. No downed trees that I can see in the distance or in our parking lot.

Cesar R M

Wind has died down a bit here in Flamingo Crossings. Can confirm it looks like WDW still has power. Can see EPCOT parking lot lights. Did see a few huge blue flashes in the direction of the Magic Kingdom on the other side of 429 (WDW property). Not lightning. A few minutes after those flashes, lights on 429 went out. So, could've been power station/transformers. Looked like beams of light shooting straight up... bright blue. Like Aliens have invaded or something. We still have power, cable and internet here at the Marriott. We're close to getting through the worse of it here. Thoughts and prayers with everyone who is affected. As I finished typing this lights on 429 just came back on but are glowing from dim to bright and back. No downed trees that I can see in the distance or in our parking lot.
You're in the eye then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom