Hurricane Irma

Chef Mickey

Hopefully someone can give us a postmortem in the morning. Looks like if WDW can make it through the next 6-8 hrs or so, they'll be in the clear.

I'm wondering the most about construction sites.

Epcotbob

upload_2017-9-10_23-18-34.png

rprvw

I'm in Clermont Fl. About 20 Miles north west of Disney. Got shingles in our front yard. Neighbor lost part a fence. Still have power though. Currently at 970.25 hpa.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
11 PM Update.

Starting to go a little westward again as the models were predicting, but, still further east than expected. Looks like WDW might get sustained hurricane winds, though, still possible for sustained tropical winds with hurricane gusts.

View attachment 228359

Power: Florida is 51% power outage. Orange county is 42% outage.

https://poweroutage.us/Area/State/Florida

12 AM Update.

Irma's moving kinda slow now. Inching toward putting WDW in it's hurricane wind field. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/05/us/hurricane-irma-map.html

Power: 54% outage in Florida. 47% in Orange County. https://poweroutage.us/Area/State/Florida

upload_2017-9-11_0-22-20.png

rocketraccoon

I just thought of this. Probably the biggest issue for Disney will be trees. I think all the buildings will turn out OK, but what about all the beautiful trees? I hope they can replace them quickly (although the greenhouses will get smashed too).
If they're not uprooted then they'll be fine. Some trees can, with a lot of luck, be transplanted and brought back to health if they get uprooted. Otherwise they can just be replaced fairly easily. Probably going to be delays if nobody has those trees ready to sell in the area though.

Cesar R M

That's not actually good. Basically two places get hammered instead of one.
Agree, my boss who lives in Tampa said they had to sandbag everything and hunker in the bathroom.

*edit*

holy crap, just seen the wind speed probabilities..
75mph+ winds for the entire day and night.

Seems Tampa is going to get the brunt on windspeeds.

Cesar R M

North part of the eye is about even with my house now, but more to the west. We still have power, amazingly! I peeked out the window a little while ago. The pond looks more like an ocean and the curtains of rain whipping by are incredible. I'm hoping the worst goes through quickly and maybe, just maybe, we can get some sleep!
no video?

bclane

gonna be nice to wake up in the morn and have this past us...
if i ever sleep that is..:confused:
Same here! We have water coming in our house now. Carpets/floors in the master bedroom, closet, and garage are wet and squishy near the wall that is currently taking most of the wind right now. It is apparently coming in through cracks in the stucco and then finding its way under the carpet. This sucks but I know a lot of people have it a lot worse. The eye is apparently gonna pass right over my house so I still have that to look forward to. Hope you are having less Irma "fun" than me..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom