Hurricane Irma

Ismael Flores

If y'all please: When you post a claim about the storm, always provide a link.

This will stop all the "The eye wall is now doing barrel rolls! // Where did you hear that?" posts.

Thanks!
Sadly internet news is not keeping up with live feeds from MSNBC, the weather channel and others covering live. It is difficult to supply links all we could do is warn people that are on this site hoping to get some information. Luckily even some areas without power still have cell service and can see what people are posting as they see it

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sadly internet news is not keeping up with live feeds from MSNBC, the weather channel and others covering live. It is difficult to supply links all we could do is warn people that are on this site hoping to get some information. Luckily even some areas without power still have cell service and can see what people are posting as they see it

Well, by 'provide link', I should have said, 'provide source and link if possible.'

21stamps

Several of the key island were devastated by surge especially those just west of where the eye hit.

Do you have a link? It's very difficult to find out any info right now. I haven't seen any major stations talking about it.. but I'm switching between all of them, so could miss it in passing.

JohnD

Original Poster
Parking Services needs to ticket every single car. I can't believe Thrashed would approve of them doing that.

From what I read, FSU opened up their garages to "everyone". Infiniti interpreted that as, "we could do it." I think the purpose was for students and those nearby to park their one or two cars they own there. Not for a dealership to park its entire inventory.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
10 PM Update. Irma is still going more easterly than projections. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/05/us/hurricane-irma-map.html

upload_2017-9-10_22-12-36.png

upload_2017-9-10_22-13-26.png

The Empress Lilly

SorcererMC

The

models have been doing a great job in following this storm. The meteorologist the have said though that it is not 100 percent and that is why the detailed projections showed over a dozen paths because this storm has been jumping around and was traveling at a slow pace
I think they have been trying to emphasize that over the past 24 hours because the turn wasn't clear, and now that it made second landfall there is still room for paths to change. The cone of probability is a 67-70% path, that takes into account the historical data. As always there is room for error...and obviously a 30% chance of it outside of the cone is still a fairly high probability, statistically speaking. No surprise when there is disagreement....and also why emergency management officials err on the side of caution.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Quick tip not everyone knows, but it's possible to reach 911 even if you don't have phone service but still have a phone. Even a cell phone without service or even missing a sim card will probably still connect to 911. Dunno about landlines, you can try plugging one into the phone line and try it.

Landlines don't have the 911 requirement that mobile phones do. I don't think they will work without a sim. But will work with a non active sim

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
From what I read, FSU opened up their garages to "everyone". Infiniti interpreted that as, "we could do it." I think the purpose was for students and those nearby to park their one or two cars they own there. Not for a dealership to park its entire inventory.

Yeah, FSU opened a shelter for students who don't live on campus and probably told all students they could park their cars in the parking garages.

I wouldn't want to be the GM of Infinity when Thrasher gets ahold of him.

Ismael Flores

Do you have a link? It's very difficult to find out any info right now. I haven't seen any major stations talking about it.. but I'm switching between all of them, so could miss it in passing.

They were showing live images on MSNBC
The eye hit cudjoe key. According to live footage the worst damage was between key largo and marathon. They showed sections of plantation key complete destroyed. No Information at that point about key west

smp2k6

Anyone who is local and hasn't already, it's a good idea to download the following apps for local radio stations. News 96.5 has been great to listen too. They are giving all the details, staying positive but informative. Another app is for radio station 92.3. Also, a good app to have is OCL alerts for Orange County alerts. I know it's late to share these, but I've been using them today and they are invaluable. Apple/Android versions available. Also, for those not in the area, this is good way to keep posted on what's happening in the area.

http://www.news965.com/
http://www.k923orlando.com/
http://www.orangecountyfl.net/Home/NewslettersAlerts/OCFLAlert.aspx#.WbXys8iGOHt

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom