Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

I agree! Call and see - you can’t be the only one in this situation. I hope Disney will give you a refund - fingers crossed!

I know you have probably just decided to cancel at this point, but if you are willing to still try - you might try the cost of flying home from an east coast airport? West Palm Beach or something similar? You might not want to drive to an airport to get home, but just wondering if maybe the cost might be less because WPB, etc were less impacted (and canceled fewer flights) than MCO which probably has a back up.
Wishing you good luck!
Maybe you can resell them if Disney says no??
Thank you. I’ve explored all airport options and it’s cost prohibitive to change. Or maybe I should say, it’s a cost we are unwilling to accept 😂 Keeping our flight out of RSW with staying in Orlando all week was an idea but DVC is obviously all booked going into a holiday weekend and a single hotel room won’t work for us (I’ll spare you guys the boring details lol). Insane amounts of disappointment over here and maybe we somehow still make it work but for now, I need to start figuring out what our options are for cancelling.

natatomic

Does anyone know is genie plus is not available for the phased opening days? I cannot purchase at the moment..
So did Genie+ really sell out today already?

After Irma (or some other recent hurricane that closed the parks), I took the kids to the parks the day before it closed and the day after it opened. I was always a day-of FP reserver, but in was only any to book a single fast pass even though the parks were dead. I asked a CM, and they said Disney deleted all unclaimed FP spots through the next few days, and the only way to get a FP was if someone happened to cancel their and you snag it up. I forget the reasoning, something to somehow help with staffing I’m sure. Regardless, the parks were so dead, we really didn’t need FPs. We walked in TT 5 times mid-day.
If genie+, is unavailable, I’m going to assume it’s for similar reasons.

ppete1975

The management was bad then…it’s much worse now.

The proper play - as an old Disney keeper of the realm - is no expiration.
It costs them really nothing to do that…it’s a minor financial olive branch, and the benefits of such have more intrinsic value to the brand.

Depressing ☹️
To be fair thats 13 years (early morning math might be off), even as horrible as management was thats still kind of a long time. At some point after 13 years they are going to assume that you arent going to use it so it falls off the books so that it isnt sitting there for the rest of time. From what I understand all those vouchers are on a ledger somewhere as potential cost. Kind of like unused gift cards.

I could also be completely wrong, it happens frequently :)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
To be fair thats 13 years (early morning math might be off), even as horrible as management was thats still kind of a long time. At some point after 13 years they are going to assume that you arent going to use it so it falls off the books so that it isnt sitting there for the rest of time. From what I understand all those vouchers are on a ledger somewhere as potential cost. Kind of like unused gift cards.

I could also be completely wrong, it happens frequently :)

Ten years is totally fair, imo. They knew if they only did one year most people wouldn't be able to use them though.

esskay

Surprised they've not got a way of taking the canopy down for things like this. I guess if anything was going to get damaged, that was going to be it.

4K's posted a video this morning of the damage around Caribbean:

JohnD

A quick observation about early morning hours. Glad we get 2 hours. What does 30 minutes get you? A walk from the front entrance to standing in line for Rat. That's it.

DisFortFun

Does anyone have any info on Fort Wilderness campground? We are supposed to check in Sunday. I have not received an email from Disney to cancel or change our reservation.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

After Irma (or some other recent hurricane that closed the parks), I took the kids to the parks the day before it closed and the day after it opened. I was always a day-of FP reserver, but in was only any to book a single fast pass even though the parks were dead. I asked a CM, and they said Disney deleted all unclaimed FP spots through the next few days, and the only way to get a FP was if someone happened to cancel their and you snag it up. I forget the reasoning, something to somehow help with staffing I’m sure. Regardless, the parks were so dead, we really didn’t need FPs. We walked in TT 5 times mid-day.
If genie+, is unavailable, I’m going to assume it’s for similar reasons.
I forget if it was FEA or FOP but when a hurricane was approaching a bunch of people cancelled FPs so I booked for the day I knew they'd close for the storm. Then I contacted guest services after they reopened and they issued me the impossible to get FPs for another day.

Ayla

Does anyone have any info on Fort Wilderness? We are supposed to check in Sunday. I have not received an email from Disney to cancel or change our reservation.
MDE only says it will remain temporarily closed. MDE says it was updated at 8:30 this morning (Sept 30th).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom