Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

They could mean the eye has gone north of them (not that it hit landfall), so they are out of the danger of the strongest winds hitting them (depending on where they are in Naples). But yeah, I'd suspect the winds will still pickup some for them, and power could be a bigger issue.
You're giving them a lot of credit ;) But, yes, I anticipate they'll lose power.

natatomic

This photo reminds me that one of the rare hurricane procedures involves moving two monorails into the Contemporary hotel. If anyone on site gets photos or video it is quite the sight to see.
I don’t think they do that anymore since the accident. Someone will hopefully correct me if I’m wrong.

JohnD

Speculate all you want. Nobody has been accurate in this thread anyway.
That's your personal opinion where you can certainly disagree with someone and make your case. Shutting them down, however, shouldn't be an option unless in violation of the rules of this forum.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't believe that there is currently a pair of idiots in the water:

View attachment 669804

EDIT: They've been joined by a third idiot.

Then there's this guy, might be the same one..

1664375368379.png

COProgressFan

I asked a CM at the bar about food boxes and she launched into the info about Boma first come first served and Mara open 6am to midnight. The only access, however, is from an outside covered walkway. If wind and rain is very strong and blows toward the walkway they may have another plan. I guess that will be announced if it comes to it.

The lounge which normally serves a limited menu 5 to 10 is not doing food.

There is a backstage stairway and hallways that have been used for guests to access Mara during previous storms without having to use the outdoor walkway.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I am completely amazed at how many are streaming live on TikTok out in this storm at the coast. it’s interesting to watch but I fear for their safety in some cases

Brian

For as much as Disney is seen as greedy (rightfully so at times), and obviously there is a PR factor involved, but it is nice to see the prices for the meal kits are priced relatively fairly and not the typical Disney upcharge.
There's that, and it's illegal to price gouge in Florida during an emergency such as this. The state attorney general's office very aggressively enforces the law, and has a robust public reporting system in place, including a smartphone app. Even if a possible gouging claim isn't substantiated, Disney doesn't want to deal with it.

Sharing two photos from Music (not mine)
Packed food court and the pool is open 🤔
When Andrew hit southern Fla in 1992, our kids swam at Dixie Landings (now POR) before we needed to leave for our flight out of Tampa. It was an unnerving time because Fla had received so much rain that summer and ditches along roads were already full. We felt very fortunate to get home safely. Those in southern Fla weren't so fortunate... Prayers for all those affected by Ian.

solidyne

Speculate all you want. Nobody has been accurate in this thread anyway.
I'm not speculating at all, but I am free to.

You are right, though, that most speculations here will turn out to be wrong, regardless of what happens. Not everyone can predict accurately; only a few will get "lucky."

We can be sure that, no matter what, one side will gleefully reproduce old posts from the other, pointing out how wrong they were.

(I've even save-quoted some doozies on both extremes, in case I want to join in.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom