Hurrican Simulator coming to Epcot in Summer 2008?

Luigi

Original Poster
I'm sorry if this has been posted and discussed before. But I was watching CNBC and they were discussing this on "The Big Idea". They said it will open this summer.
I haven't heard anything about this but it does sound interesting.
Here is an article I found on the subject:
http://http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/experience-hurricane-weather-at-disneys-new-stormstruck-exhibit-at-epcots-i

Anyone else have additional info?
Thanks

*btw, I meant to spell it "hurricane", can a moderator change it for me? Thanks

Pete C

Wow this came out of nowhere. A new Epcot attraction getting this little fanfare? Are we looking at a major attraction here or something small scale?

CrashNet

This is an exhibit in Innoventions, particularly to be placed near Waste Management and Fantastic Plastics Works where the forest is now.

jedimaster1227

It'll be not like Stormrider...

I'm actually happy about that one, since they'll put the Stormrider system to use sooner or later for a better (albeit similarly-themed) attraction... Here's praying that we don't get the Stormrider film... I understood most of the Japanese and the plot still didn't make any sense to me... :shrug:

CubsRock

Does Central Florida really need a hurricane simulator? Can't you expirience the real thing there?
I would like to apologize for the statment i had made above . As i now think about it, The exibit is probably the best way to safely educate the public on this subject. Again, sorry for my ignorance as I have not expirienced a hurricane (though i have had one share a name with me ) or even a noticible earthquake (and when one occured where I lived, which is rare, I was in Las Vegas).

DigitalDisney

Methinks Wonders of Life needs to be transformed into this weather pavilion.

I hear it used to house a simulator ride, too. I'm pretty sure you can't just drop Storm Rider into any of the classic simulator pods (I think it's a bigger box, and far more complex), but the basis is already there. Add a storm preparedness exhibit, a 3D weather movie, and some other stuff, and it would be a great place.

You know, they could even bring back the Sunshine Seasons Food Fair for this pavilion. :)

Sloan

weather pavilion - I like that idea

I think that DigitalDisney is right - a full pavilion dedicated to weather phenomenon and such could be great - I can already envision some creative and interesting exhibits, displays, etc.. I can even see being able to recruit some good sponsors, as weather preparedness, saftey stuff, etc. is big business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom