Hungry Bear Barbecue Jamboree

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I'm with everyone here. I do prefer it to be BBQ, but also hope they don't mess too much with the great signage.

This is great news any way I see it. The Disney dry burgers can be had at galactic grill already.

I believe Red Rose Tavern is still another place you can get the Disney Dry Burgers outside of Galactic Grill. Speaking of GG, do they still have the Late Night Menu that they introduced back in 2017? (https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017...-introduces-seriously-killer-late-night-menu/)
I could have swore they had more Buffalo chicken options in the past. I think Red Rose had/has a late night menu too.

I’ll admit, I’m actually a little disappointed by this. I love BBQ and I love the CBJ, but the Hungry Bear’s fried chicken sandwiches were my favorite thing at Disneyland and I would hate to lose those.

Was that the Honey-Spiced Chicken Sandwich I see on their menu? It looks like Red Rose has a Cordon Bleu fried chicken sandwich. Probably not as good though.

Mr. Sullivan

If I want to be really pedantic, Country Bear Jamboree's primarily musical inspiration comes from the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee, out near Knoxville. The primary food of that region is less more of a Southern comfort (fried chicken, fried okra, etc.) rather than BBQ. Memphis, which is all the way on the other side of the state, is where Tennessee's BBQ is found.

A small gripe, really, but I still feel compelled to call it out.
Knoxvillian local here: Gotta be so very honest I am gobsmacked we’re being mentioned on a Disney forum I feel like I’m in another universe.

Honestly, we have a whole host of Memphis BBQ places we claim as locally authentic so they can kinda get away with this. We’re of course lying about it but we claim it.

AJFireman

The Woodcarver that has done pretty much all the wood signage over the years went back to working with Disney. He does not disclose much about projects that he is currently working on (because of his contract) but he could be working on a new sign for this to keep it with the same theme. He will usually post pics on his social media after they are debuted.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So much for the rumor of CBs coming back to be added to a show or attraction at DLR.

I like this as they needed to add back BBQ in a major way to DLR. I’m kinda surprised they didn’t do this like 5 years ago.

Vegas Disney Fan

As long as they keep the chicken sandwich I’m indifferent to this, if they lose the sandwich I hope they at least move it somewhere else, it’s one of my favorite items on property.

mickEblu

That's an interesting question, but if there's music there now I've never noticed. On its own The Hungry Bear has some of the best ambiance in the park.

I agree, I’m not sure how loud and present I want those songs to be. Definitely hearing something like “Try Everything” would kill the ambiance.

mickEblu

From what I’m hearing, it’s music from all the shows.

So now I have to hear “Try Everything” “Whole New World” and “Fixer Upper” at Hungry Bear while I’m on the second level overlooking the trees and river? Cool. If true, definitely the worst thing to come from this “retheme.”

EDIT. Well I guess that doesn’t mean they ll choose the songs I listed above. Hopefully they skip those in favor of other songs from the new show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom