Hungry Bear Barbecue Jamboree

DavidDL

Best case scenario would be instrumental versions of songs from shows past and maybe the opening/closing ones from the newest show. Not sure how I’d feel about hearing the actual lyrics to any of the songs while having a meal there. Like @D.Silentu said, Hungry Bear had some of the best ambience around. Even in High School, my buddies and I would sit in the tables towards the back overlooking the river if we wanted to play some card games or something because of just how relaxing it was. Hopefully they don’t ruin that.

mickEblu

Best case scenario would be instrumental versions of songs from shows past and maybe the opening/closing ones from the newest show. Not sure how I’d feel about hearing the actual lyrics to any of the songs while having a meal there. Like @D.Silentu said, Hungry Bear had some of the best ambience around. Even in High School, my buddies and I would sit in the tables towards the back overlooking the river if we wanted to play some card games or something because of just how relaxing it was. Hopefully they don’t ruin that.

They forget that what really sells the tickets is ambiance and place making. The other stuff is complementary.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hungry Bear Barbecue Jamboree. Not only does it not make sense but it doesn’t have a good ring to it. Why are all the new names for everything so bad? What’s going on with the writers at WDI/ Disney? Also please keep the folks who worked on the signage for TBA far away from this project. Thanks!

I brought this over from the WDW thread.

I think it has a nice ring to it, especially if you sing it with a nice southern twang in the style of a jingle by the CBs, "We're serving up BBQ and all the fixin's at the Hungry Bear Barbecue Jaaaammmmbbbooorreeeee".....

Phroobar

How hard would it be to bring this back?

iu

MarvelCharacterNerd

While I agree this has been long needed since Galaxy's Edge took away the best restaurant in the park and a fave piece of entertainment, too - anyone else think it's weird that they finally add a BBQ place just after announcing that DTD is getting a BBQ place? Not that there isn't room for both, of course. I don't count River Belle because their stuff looks yuck. lol

I just wish we'd get the food quality of Regal Eagle at WDW but I'm not holding my breath. Because it's at Hungry Bear. lol

mickEblu

While I agree this has been long needed since Galaxy's Edge took away the best restaurant in the park and a fave piece of entertainment, too - anyone else think it's weird that they finally add a BBQ place just after announcing that DTD is getting a BBQ place? Not that there isn't room for both, of course. I don't count River Belle because their stuff looks yuck. lol

I just wish we'd get the food quality of Regal Eagle at WDW but I'm not holding my breath. Because it's at Hungry Bear. lol

Well it explains why the kitchen at Hungry Bear is getting bigger. Maybe the food will be alright.

C33Mom

I think it has a nice ring to it, especially if you sing it with a nice southern twang in the style of a jingle by the CBs, "We're serving up BBQ and all the fixin's at the Hungry Bear Barbecue Jaaaammmmbbbooorreeeee".....
I don’t think it’s accidental that it’s very similar to the name of the production in MK. In fact, I’ve had the new opening act chorus (except “Country Bears BBQ Jamboree”) stuck in my head while reading this thread.

I agree it is a weird name on the merits, but if it brings some Country Bear Vacation Hoedown music back to Critter Country I’m willing to let it slide. If we got a Regal Eagle grade menu, I’d even let them call it Country Bear BBQ Jamboree Adventure.

(I did also really like the fried chicken there and have many fond memories of stopping to eat there for a bit of calm on a hot day—I will miss the menu, but I haven’t eaten there as much over the past decade or so.)

TrainsOfDisney

They already took away the fried green tomatoes sandwich that I loved so much so bring on the BBQ!

And BBQ is popular all throughout the south - across the state of Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolina’s - all states known to have a few bears too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom