[Huge News] Nintendo Reveals Revolution's Controller

CaptainMichael

NowInc said:
I still stand firm in my opinion that microsoft and Nintendo should work together...let nintendo handle a hand held market while MS deals with the console department. Just imaging the possibilities...Zelda on a 360...oh yeah...i just peed a little...
I agree with everything except the peeing part :lol:

matrtj

Nintendo stuck with the cartridge format for so long because they are harder to pirate than CDs. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for a 'chipped' Revolution to appear...

MKCustodial

Original Poster
Yeah. Down here, the market is pretty much dominated by the PS2. We all know why, right? I know personally 5 different people who own one and they have never bought an official game. That's pretty much the reason why I only have like 10 Cube games. Down here, they go for about 220 to 250 bucks, which would be around 70 to 80 dollars. That's the same tag on the PS2 official games, while the "genericals" go for 15 to 20, around 5 dollars.

NowInc

matrtj said:
Nintendo stuck with the cartridge format for so long because they are harder to pirate than CDs. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for a 'chipped' Revolution to appear...

Not true...cartridges are VERY easy to bootleg and is a big market indeed and has been for years. Heck..the GBA cartridges were bootlegged to flash drives the same day if not before official releases into stores..and I remember years ago buying NES bootlegs from a guy on the street. Only difference is to play a bootleg cartridge you dont need a mod chip in your system like you do for most of the CD/DVD based systems.

Even arcade machines get bootlegged...if there wasnt a cheaper market for it..they wouldnt bother.

wdwishes2005

holy friggin' crap! that is so incredibly awesome, nintendotdisappointed me with cube, but this..... i cant wait, i am going to pre buy this and get mone a 12:01 am the day it comes out..... can you imagine, a BF1942 style game? your running, a japanese soldier jumps out, boom, you move the control and pull the trigger, japanese mand is on the floor satining your carpet, because thats how real it would feel

wdwishes2005

dandaman said:
The Revolution plays GC games also, right? If so, count me in as one of the first to buy it. :D

yes, and you can even use your old GC controllers for GC games :) and there is rumors about internet capabilities and downloading nes/super nintendo games on it.

imagineer99

wdwishes2005 said:
yes, and you can even use your old GC controllers for GC games :) and there is rumors about internet capabilities and downloading nes/super nintendo games on it.

...and it won't be cheap. Believe me, Nintendo will charge you for every game you download.

Nintendo has been incredibly skim on details. Harddrive? How much memory? Imagine downloading games on to MEMORY cards? That sounds beyond lame.

Most importantly, how much? If it wants to compete with the big boys it needs two things: games and the processing power to back it up. So, far they've mentioned nothing on either.

We all know that the PS3, in order to maintain some inkling of i profit (it will lose money either way) is going to have to sell it's syetem for at least $400.

And, if you want to get the 360, going for the toned down *core* version for $299 is a complete waste of money. You might as well pick up the $399 version and save yourself the hassle.

So, is Nintendo going to really launch after all the rest with less power? We shall see.

wdwishes2005

imagineer99 said:
...and it won't be cheap. Believe me, Nintendo will charge you for every game you download.

Nintendo has been incredibly skim on details. Harddrive? How much memory? Imagine downloading games on to MEMORY cards? That sounds beyond lame.

Most importantly, how much? If it wants to compete with the big boys it needs two things: games and the processing power to back it up. So, far they've mentioned nothing on either.

We all know that the PS3, in order to maintain some inkling of i profit (it will lose money either way) is going to have to sell it's syetem for at least $400.

And, if you want to get the 360, going for the toned down *core* version for $299 is a complete waste of money. You might as well pick up the $399 version and save yourself the hassle.

So, is Nintendo going to really launch after all the rest with less power? We shall see.
imho it gets to a point where processing power is overkill. i.e. say you run doom 3 on a 1 gig ram and you get 35 fps, you can knock it up to 8 gigs and it would not make much diffence. donwloading games onto memory cards wouldnt be bad, then you can share with friends, also, psp uses memory cards, what is so bad about it?and how do you know nintendo will make you pay so much? maybe it will have an onlin library of games you can access for like ten dollars a month. passing judgement before the thing is close to release is folly as far as we know, the revolution could pack te best graphics card on the markets and 10 gigs of ram.

imagineer99

wdwishes2005 said:
imho it gets to a point where processing power is overkill. i.e. say you run doom 3 on a 1 gig ram and you get 35 fps, you can knock it up to 8 gigs and it would not make much diffence. donwloading games onto memory cards wouldnt be bad, then you can share with friends, also, psp uses memory cards, what is so bad about it?and how do you know nintendo will make you pay so much? maybe it will have an onlin library of games you can access for like ten dollars a month. passing judgement before the thing is close to release is folly as far as we know, the revolution could pack te best graphics card on the markets and 10 gigs of ram.

Look, I'm not trying to knock the Revolution, but not only is it wrong to knock a system you nothing about, but it is equally as dumb to swear undying faith to something you know nothing about.

The best graphics cards on the market, now go for about $500-$600. As I said, next generation performance is expensive.

I really just don't see what's so cool about playing old games. I'd much rather have a more powerful and strong system, than some platform to play SNES games on.

I stand by this: Memory cards are done with. They are over. PSP uses memory cards because of two reasons: space and battery power. Every time you save stuff to a harddrive, the disk iteself spins, killing juice. Hence, why iPod has gone the way of flash memory.

Why should revolution have a harddrive? Simple. Otherwise, once you fill up your tiny memory card you'll have to buy more. So instead of buying a new game, you need a new memory card. Stupid. I've been spoiled with never buying any periphals for the x-box. Save and go. Not to mention, game development will suffer. Having a harddrive descreases load times, as it allows the system to cache data. It allows many other cool features as well.

wdwishes2005

imagineer99 said:
Look, I'm not trying to knock the Revolution, but not only is it wrong to knock a system you nothing about, but it is equally as dumb to swear undying faith to something you know nothing about.

The best graphics cards on the market, now go for about $500-$600. As I said, next generation performance is expensive.

I really just don't see what's so cool about playing old games. I'd much rather have a more powerful and strong system, than some platform to play SNES games on.

I stand by this: Memory cards are done with. They are over. PSP uses memory cards because of two reasons: space and battery power. Every time you save stuff to a harddrive, the disk iteself spins, killing juice. Hence, why iPod has gone the way of flash memory.

Why should revolution have a harddrive? Simple. Otherwise, once you fill up your tiny memory card you'll have to buy more. So instead of buying a new game, you need a new memory card. Stupid. I've been spoiled with never buying any periphals for the x-box. Save and go. Not to mention, game development will suffer. Having a harddrive descreases load times, as it allows the system to cache data. It allows many other cool features as well.

not saying that revolution will be perfect, just saying that with what they have said about it, i have been converted from the 360 to a revolution.

ps. rofl ogryn......

ogryn

In the interest of fairness, I didn't create it, but it amused the hell out of me.

That really needs to be stuck on the windows outside your local video game retailer.

imagineer99

ogryn said:
In the interest of fairness, I didn't create it, but it amused the hell out of me.

That really needs to be stuck on the windows outside your local video game retailer.

Well, if it makes the nintendo fanboys happy, Rare, now owned by Microsoft, hasn't made a reallly good game since the N64 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom