How's it Done?

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
I always had an image of a dark dungeon under the MK where the CMs would be chained when off duty, and cleaned up and tossed up to ground level with a smile... sort of like an Indonesian sweat shop. Tell me this isn't true?

Actually, that is what happens to Mickey Mouse and gang when the park closes. Once, a group of them almost escaped and got as far as the cast member monorail before they were caught. You wonder why you rarely see some characters anymore? They are still serving their sentences! ;)

ILOVEDISNEY

Original Poster
I'm pulling your leg. I certainly know who Oliver Stone is. As for movies in Indiana, I was in Blue Chips--sort of. I was helping the Boys & Girls Club with concessions during the baskeball games and got to see all my basketball heroes--Shaq, Bob Cousy, Larry Bird, etc. I am also in a few scenes if you look really quickly. If it ever comes out on DVD I will be able to see myself for more than 1/10 of a second.

Did you know Bobby Knight 6'6" 250+# and D*ck Vitale 5' 9" 145# had a shouting/shoving match in the locker room during the filming? Do you really care?

As for the College Program, well at almost 60 I put in 17 years pursuing all my degress--1964-1980. I doubt they would accept me. I am looking for part-time in my retirement. Any suggestions where we (my wife and I) could live to have easy access to WDW? Something nice, but not too expensive for two old and getting older everyday buggers.

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by ILOVEDISNEY
Any suggestions where we (my wife and I) could live to have easy access to WDW? Something nice, but not too expensive for two old and getting older everyday buggers.

Easy Access? Have you seen Orlando traffic in the past ten years? :dazzle: Maybe you could talk Mr. Eisner into letting you rent that unused apartment inside Cinderella's castle. Otherwise, central Florida traffic is "non-magical!" :lol:

Atta83

Yeah on I4 people go 4 mph LOL. There should be differnt lanes of traffic too. One for locals, one for tourist who know where they are going, one for touritst who dont know where the heck they are going, and one for people who just dont plain know anything .....

Pixie Duster

The AK lot for CMs is to your left as you are coming in on the courtesy tram, there are two Epcot CM lots; one behind Test Track the other is part of Amaze. MGM's CM lot is Television. The Disney highway system is very sophisticated and there are a few backstage roads as well.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
coming into work was never really that much of a delay for me, since I'd avoid the busier roads and take advantage of my driving style.

For about 8 months I was scheduled Epcot in the Morning and AK in the afternoon, (with sometimes MK in the evening), and I'd do the drive from Epcot to AK in 8 minutes, and AK to MK in 11....

Atta83

Originally posted by mkt
coming into work was never really that much of a delay for me, since I'd avoid the busier roads and take advantage of my driving style.

For about 8 months I was scheduled Epcot in the Morning and AK in the afternoon, (with sometimes MK in the evening), and I'd do the drive from Epcot to AK in 8 minutes, and AK to MK in 11....

Arent those days fun,.....LOL

mkt

Premium Member
its that reason that I was such an aggressive driver at WDW. Whenever I saw a large cluster of cars ahead of me, I'd do one of 3 things...

1- pull a u-turn and take a back road (when available)

2- start weaving in and out of traffic

3- use the shoulder/median as a lane.

Disney was really unfair putting such small timeframes between shifts.

The one day I had a 4 park shift, I ended up breaking 100mph on World Drive...

Atta83

Originally posted by mkt
its that reason that I was such an aggressive driver at WDW. Whenever I saw a large cluster of cars ahead of me, I'd do one of 3 things...

1- pull a u-turn and take a back road (when available)

2- start weaving in and out of traffic

3- use the shoulder/median as a lane.

Disney was really unfair putting such small timeframes between shifts.

The one day I had a 4 park shift, I ended up breaking 100mph on World Drive...

YAY 100 MPH on world Drive :sohappy: :sohappy:

mkt

Premium Member
100mph isn't that big of a deal for me... I go that fast on Florida's Turnpike whenever I go to Miami. It's the reckless stuff that is.

mkt

Premium Member
White Chevy Sonoma Pickup, #7079, Doing about 80 mph in a 45 mph zone.

Pixie Duster

Me in a white WDW van #8649 going around 70 in a 40 mph to get packages to guests who messed up their hotel delivery form. No worry about that now, until they split my research shifts among parks in the same day.

Tom

Beta Return
I'll attempt to scan it next time I've got free time at the office. Like I said, it's 24" by 24" - bigger than any flatbed scanner. So, it'll have to be in pieces I guess - and you can put it back together, haha.

I'll also have to learn how to post pics on here.

mkt

Premium Member
me in white WDW Vans #6621, 6513. and 6514 and several rental vans....

doing donuts backstage at AK and Epcot... and offroading with them....

those were fun days.

I'd get away with all this.. yet if I was late for 1 van run... by 30 seconds, I'd have hell to pay.

Funniest moment ever though was seeing a Disney bus pulled over by FHP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom