How would strictly gluten free restaurants fair at Disney???

Would strictly gluten free restaurants be great for Disney to have?

• Absolutely, I need this!

• Not for me, but great option to have.

• The current gluten free options offered are fine, so no way.

Results are only viewable after voting.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
My daughter is gluten free and so many people nowadays are the same or just gluten free by choice. There are others who have the more serious Celiac disease.

Yes, I know most of the restaurants on Disney property have some kind of gluten free options and an allergy menu, which is great!

But imagine if there were a few restaurants that ONLY had a gluten free menu and/or allergy menu...

It probably would be one of the more expensive restaurants on property but it would certainly be a wonderful option for so many people.

Being able to go to ONE restaurant and order anything you want would definitely be appreciated by many people.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
My daughter is gluten free and so many people nowadays are the same or just gluten free by choice. There are others who have the more serious Celiac disease.

Yes, I know most of the restaurants on Disney property have some kind of gluten free options which is great!

But imagine if there were a few restaurants that ONLY had a gluten free menu and catered to people with similar allergies or intolerances.

It probably would be one of the more expensive restaurants on property but it would certainly be a wonderful option for so many people.

I’d never set foot in it.
There's a gluten free bakery on property in DS Erin McKenna's. It's so good everybody in my family cleans the place out when we pass by

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sanaa gf bread service is a must do
AK Saluti has many gf options
Beignets at the qs French quarter
Blaze Pizza if you must eat pizza in Fl
Skillets at WCC
Mama Melrose in DHS
The Fountain Swalphin
Y&Y in AK
Fingers crossed they bring back the old menu(Buffet) at TH in AK If worried about cross contamination they will bring separate plates of safe food to your table
D Lux Burger DS
Pecos Bill's MK has a few decent options imho the best qs for those with allergies in MK
This may help you find food more to your liking https://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/ Most allergen safe menus posted here
The info section up top has menus many of which also have the allergy menus posted at the bottom of the regular menus

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Gluten intolerance is only 6-7% of the population, that's just a little more than the number of vegetarians. Vegetarians have a leaf, allergies must read the allergy menu. Your best bet would be to get the allergy menu as they list gluten as well as the other trigger substances.

coachwnh

You will have zero issues dining gluten free in Disney. If there is a specific location you have questions about, let me know. There are several places in Disney parks, resorts, and springs to get gluten-free bakery items. It’s almost impossible not to find good gluten-free food in the bubble. I will say, however, special order cakes have really gone down since the Covid pandemic. We’ve ordered two on two separate trips, and were really disappointed. But overall, you can’t beat gluten-free dining at Disney.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
You will have zero issues dining gluten free in Disney. If there is a specific location you have questions about, let me know. There are several places in Disney parks, resorts, and springs to get gluten-free bakery items. It’s almost impossible not to find good gluten-free food in the bubble. I will say, however, special order cakes have really gone down since the Covid pandemic. We’ve ordered two on two separate trips, and were really disappointed. But overall, you can’t beat gluten-free dining at Disney.
Right, of course, totally agree. I guess I'm talking about having one or two specific places where EVERYTHING is gluten free. Is it necessarily needed? Probably not, but it would be great to have and even people who are not gluten free would probably try it out as well.

JohnD

As long as the restaurant is open to everyone but everything on the menu is gluten free, fine with me. I'm fine with either eating food with or without gluten. It may be great for one restaurant, say, in Disney Springs, as a gimmick. But more difficult throughout WDW because the food availability for the restaurant would be more limited. All of the restaurants providing gluten free choices is the better option.

Figgy1

Premium Member
As long as the restaurant is open to everyone but everything on the menu is gluten free, fine with me. I'm fine with either eating food with or without gluten. It may be great for one restaurant, say, in Disney Springs, as a gimmick. But more difficult throughout WDW because the food availability for the restaurant would be more limited. All of the restaurants providing gluten free choices is the better option.
It really isn't as limiting as some think as the grains that have gluten weren't grown everywhere until more recently in history. Eating gf(me not by choice) has opened up choices I wouldn't have thought to have eaten in the past

Phonedave

Right, of course, totally agree. I guess I'm talking about having one or two specific places where EVERYTHING is gluten free. Is it necessarily needed? Probably not, but it would be great to have and even people who are not gluten free would probably try it out as well.

It depends on what is on the menu. My daughter has a gluten allergy (as well as milk). Some gluten free stuff is quite good, other is downright nasty. It is very possible to make gluten free dishes that are not lacking - I do it all of the time. But when you try to make something that is very wheat based into a GF dish, it does not measure up.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Oh yes, the restaurant is available for anyone who wants to eat there. Also, the food availability would be fine since Disney would specifically make sure the restaurant would have a full variety of menu items to make sure everything is properly done.
Disney Springs would be a perfect place for a restaurant and then maybe in one of the parks also.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
It depends on what is on the menu. My daughter has a gluten allergy (as well as milk). Some gluten free stuff is quite good, other is downright nasty. It is very possible to make gluten free dishes that are not lacking - I do it all of the time. But when you try to make something that is very wheat based into a GF dish, it does not measure up.
Yes, I agree! We are always experimenting with new recipes for my daughter, lol.
I'd say the gluten free restaurant would definitely have a wide variety of menu items available. Making sure that different flavors and recipes are used. Of course, if everything was done according to what I want, lol!

Mickey5150

I have no need for gluten free or vegan or allergy restaurants but there is no reason there shouldn't be some restaurants in WDW that cater to specific diets. Imagine a kid who has a hard time with food finding out there is a restaurant that caters to them and has character meals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom