How would strictly gluten free restaurants fair at Disney???

Would strictly gluten free restaurants be great for Disney to have?

• Absolutely, I need this!

• Not for me, but great option to have.

• The current gluten free options offered are fine, so no way.

Results are only viewable after voting.

nickys

Premium Member
My daughter is gluten free and so many people nowadays are the same or just gluten free by choice. There are others who have the more serious Celiac disease.

Yes, I know most of the restaurants on Disney property have some kind of gluten free options and an allergy menu, which is great!

But imagine if there were a few restaurants that ONLY had a gluten free menu and/or allergy menu...

It probably would be one of the more expensive restaurants on property but it would certainly be a wonderful option for so many people.

Being able to go to ONE restaurant and order anything you want would definitely be appreciated by many people.
It would be hugely expensive because there would likely be so much wasted food.

And adding allergies into the mix wouldn’t really work the way you intended. They’d still have to make thing individually, depending what allergies each person had. So you still couldn’t order anything you want.

I actually don’t think it would necessarily be that popular, for logistical reasons. Noone I know who eats gluten free insists their family also eats gluten free. So the rest of the family would still go elsewhere and order. Either the person who orders gluten free eats theirs and then watches everyone else eat or vice versa. That’s double the time for a meal.

Club Cooloholic

That's called everywhere;) as too much gluten among other things are in overly processed foods
Many gluten free products are just as over processed if not more and may contain higher sugar than the gluten option. There are pros and cons with both unless you have a gluten processing issue in which case GF is a much better option.

Phonedave

I have no need for gluten free or vegan or allergy restaurants but there is no reason there shouldn't be some restaurants in WDW that cater to specific diets. Imagine a kid who has a hard time with food finding out there is a restaurant that caters to them and has character meals.

For people who are *really* allergic, things have to be prepared where there is no cross contamination. That is why a lot of times if you order gluten free, they give you a pre packaged item, because they know it was prepared in an environment without the potential for cross contamination. By having the entire kitchen gluten free (or allergen free) it would allow those who have a severe allergy to order off a regular menu and have fresh made food.

My daughter is lucky, she can tolerate a little gluten or dairy, so she can just order off a regular menu and get gluten free pasta or say hold the cheese. But something like an order of chicken fingers with regular breading will have her in the bathroom for the next half a day. Others, though, a small amount can trigger a life threatening reaction.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If opening an entirely gluten free restaurant in DS is not profitable enough to stay in business, it won't happen. It can't happen. But if someone can do it in a way where it turns a profit (even with the high DS rent), it may occur eventually.

Hockey89

My daughter is gluten free and so many people nowadays are the same or just gluten free by choice. There are others who have the more serious Celiac disease.

Yes, I know most of the restaurants on Disney property have some kind of gluten free options and an allergy menu, which is great!

But imagine if there were a few restaurants that ONLY had a gluten free menu and/or allergy menu...

It probably would be one of the more expensive restaurants on property but it would certainly be a wonderful option for so many people.

Being able to go to ONE restaurant and order anything you want would definitely be appreciated by many people.
nah, im good

Club Cooloholic

I buy very, very little of those. We all eat a mostly whole foods diet
That is great you do but eating a whole food diet certainly isnt restricted to just those that are GF. It also doesn't mean the offerings put on menus in restaurants and stores are less processed just because they are labeled GF. Just trying to clarify to people that GF doesn't always mean less processed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom