How to win the Year of a Million Dreams

scorp111

I spend (on average) 10 hours a day cleaning people's filth. I am overworked in a position that I detest, which I can't quit without having a big, black mark left on my record with the company. The one bright spot I will get in a day is when I am able to find 10 minutes to get away from my bathrooms to create Magical Moments for children. Alright, I'm sorry that helping "Clean Nemo's Beach" or learning to be a "Junior Custodian" don't really compare to winning a 7 day cruise, but guess what? If you took one look at 4 year old Suzy's face when you thank her for helping save Nemo, when you hand her a shiny certificate with her name on it, and tell her that she is so incredibly special, you would know that what we do matters. Magic doesn't have to cost thousands of dollars.

Don't you dare tell me that I don't make a difference. Don't you dare.

What does being a new CM have to do with anything? I'm sorry that I haven't worked for the company for years and years, but guess what? All of the old timers had to start somewhere.

I'd like you to know that I'm actually tearing up over your post, and I would really appreciate it if you would try to look at the other side of the picture before completely stomping all over what some of us are very passionate about.

Awesome Post!

Thank YOU for everything you do.... and you are right, my 3 year old daughter would "love to help Nemo by cleaning his beach"

Scar

I usually lurk and don't post, but I just want to thank all the CMs for making our families trip magical. One of the things that sets WDW apart from anywhere else is the interaction with the CMs and the wonderful things they do.

Please, please, please don't let bitter people bring you down and continue to do what you do best each and every day. It really is magic to all of us and is remembered FAR past the latest attraction or show.

Thanks!

kachow

I think for the scale of this contest, Disney has come up with a pretty good method for awarding the prizes. They have to give the Dream Patrol some sort of instruction or there would be accusations of the contest being fixed. The prizes aren't going to be awarded at the same time every day. It will be random what, when, where, and to what personal description each prize is awarded. I'm sure the main reasons they won't announce the specific prize right when it's awarded are 1) to not place more attention on the winner(s) than necessary or possibly wanted, and 2) to have a chance to take them aside and ensure they can redeem the prize. Then they'll take the big winners and put them in the parade.

And what's wrong with this? Why does Epcot keep getting pulled into this? The two are unrelated.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I spend (on average) 10 hours a day cleaning people's filth. I am overworked in a position that I detest, which I can't quit without having a big, black mark left on my record with the company. The one bright spot I will get in a day is when I am able to find 10 minutes to get away from my bathrooms to create Magical Moments for children. Alright, I'm sorry that helping "Clean Nemo's Beach" or learning to be a "Junior Custodian" don't really compare to winning a 7 day cruise, but guess what? If you took one look at 4 year old Suzy's face when you thank her for helping save Nemo, when you hand her a shiny certificate with her name on it, and tell her that she is so incredibly special, you would know that what we do matters. Magic doesn't have to cost thousands of dollars.

What does being a new CM have to do with anything? I'm sorry that I haven't worked for the company for years and years, but guess what? All of the old timers had to start somewhere.

I'd like you to know that I'm actually tearing up over your post, and I would really appreciate it if you would try to look at the other side of the picture before completely stomping all over what some of us are very passionate about.

Taryn, WDW definitely needs more CM's of your caliber and dedication! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Nemo14

Taryn,
Just wanted to thank you for all you and all the other CM's do to make WDW the special place that it is to us all. There will always be bitter people out there, and they will never be happy because they're just not happy with themselves. But trust me all the wonderful experiences my family and I have had and all the magic that we all feel there we know is because of the efforts and dedication from people like you! Thank you! :kiss:

brich

Oh - and i don't like being/sounding horribly bitter, but i think repeating the same exact ceremony every day and making it an event for a guest when its scripted, selected, prearranged, and fabricated, and printed on glossy cardstock and mass produced is even remotely "magical."
Nor is reading over and over again your displeasure over this celebration... Yawn :rolleyes:

bhg469

Unfortunately the only way im gonna be elgible is if i win the internet sweepstakes. Sounds like its gonna be pretty fun.

wannab@dis

Merf, Merf, Merf... I usually look forward to seeing your posts, but, wow... you're hitting a really low spot right now. I think everyone gets that you don't like this campaign, but do you really need to be so bitter ALL the time?

Oh well... I guess you and Imagineer Boy (and some others) will turn it into a Year of a Million Gripes® on the forums. :(

scotth1224

We were in the world last week, on the backstage magic tour, they told us that Price Waterhouse was actually going to be picking the winners so Disney could never be accused of cheating. She also stated that they had set up a command center (simplified explanation warning..LOL) with a computer that runs algorythims. So basically at a predetermined time, the computer will say...The winner is the person sitting at table 26 at Crystal Palace. The Prize squad will then go out and award that group or person.

PaisleyMF

Magical Moments

I am posting my two cents on this. Actually the Magical Moments are been a little more personalized, Why maybe is the same stack of cards, AND HERE COMES A SPOILER: Some locations are using post cards the one with the Partners statue, and having the guest fill the Address and been sent home with Mickey signing it, in apreciation of your time on the park, some others are as simple as a Squeeze Breeze given certain times a day. (this is at Lockers, Strollers, Wheelchair Rentals and Newsstands and Package Pick Up).

Sometimes seen the parents or the Kids faces just because of this, even the nice glossy card as a certificate, makes such a difference on the kids for that day.

At least for us the Magical Moments are Random and selected by a computer. No humans are involved until is the award moment.

If something like this is the difference in a simple vacation to make it a magical one Bravo.

But This is my rant to and my opinion and i could be wrong.

Jen Jen

Merf, I also usually really enjoy your posts. While I don't agree with you and am really looking forward to this new promotion and magical moments big and small, I do want to let you know that I appreciate the information you bring to light on these boards, including the original intent of this thread, which is how to increase your chances of winning big prizes.

And of course, to all cast members, thank you so much for all you do to make Disney the most magical place on Earth, promotion or no. No one would spend all that cash just to go to any ole' theme park...you make it special!

:xmas:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Merf you are going way off the deep end on this just like Merlin did with his displeasure in E:E and you see where that got him. You don't like this promotion, we all get that big time, and you are more than welcome not to like it and if you are presented with a fabulous prize I will expect you to refuse said prize and award it to another guest.

Take a step back and look at what you are doing. Threads from you use to mean great construction pictures and updates that everyone loves. Now every thread is consisting of "Year of a million dreams is the devil and will Epcot is a redheaded stepchild." and quite frankly it is getting a little old. If you chose to continue this trend you will destroy what was a pretty good reputation.

Your choice....Hope you make the right one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom