How to swap wives on select Disney rides?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

FettFan

So here is the issue. My wife #1 and I had a friendly amicable divorce 2 years ago. We have joint custody of our 4 year old daughter Julia. I have since remarried, and wife #2 and I invited Julia's mom on our WDW trip to share expenses (we are all on a budget), and give Julia a great time with both moms. My wife and I will have a resort room and Julia and her mom will have a resort room.

So the plan is when we get to a ride boarding area that needs an accompanying adult, me and Julia ride alone for some daughter-dad time. Ex-wife and wife #2 wait on other side of boarding area. When ride returns ex-wife joins me and Julia to teach her we both support her and want to remain parents in good standing. When this ride returns to boarding area, ex-wife gets off and wife #2 boards ride with me and Julia - to give her the same type of togetherness as we always enjoy. When ride returns ex-wife takes Julia away from boarding area and me and wife #2 share the ride as a couple.

Will the cast members accommodate us? Or will they make us re-join the queue line for each time we ride?

She’s your ex for a reason. Bringing her along on your vacation is like bringing along a California King-size comforter set; unnecessary baggage that might make you feel good, but it’s more than anyone else wants to deal with.

Muffinpants

You can swap magic bands and have 4 fast passes, and rotate which mom goes on the second ride.

Here I thought my trip last summer was unconventional ..me, Husband,son, my mother , my father and his wife.

wombat

So here is the issue. My wife #1 and I had a friendly amicable divorce 2 years ago. We have joint custody of our 4 year old daughter Julia. I have since remarried, and wife #2 and I invited Julia's mom on our WDW trip to share expenses (we are all on a budget), and give Julia a great time with both moms. My wife and I will have a resort room and Julia and her mom will have a resort room.

So the plan is when we get to a ride boarding area that needs an accompanying adult, me and Julia ride alone for some daughter-dad time. Ex-wife and wife #2 wait on other side of boarding area. When ride returns ex-wife joins me and Julia to teach her we both support her and want to remain parents in good standing. When this ride returns to boarding area, ex-wife gets off and wife #2 boards ride with me and Julia - to give her the same type of togetherness as we always enjoy. When ride returns ex-wife takes Julia away from boarding area and me and wife #2 share the ride as a couple.

Will the cast members accommodate us? Or will they make us re-join the queue line for each time we ride?
Just how many seconds do you think that peace and harmony will last on this trip?

EngineerMom

Can’t imagine this isn’t fake
If it’s not it is another ridiculous person thinking they deserve special treatment!
Our next trip my parents who are in their late 80s are going with us again for what they say is their last trip to Disney (my mom especially is getting slower,etc)
We will go and we will do what we do. I won’t walk up to a ride and say excuse me but my mother is 87 do you mind if we don’t wait and just go to the front of the line!
Our last trip a few years ago she just sat some things out!

Our first trip with our son he was obsessed with Buzz lightyear. He wanted to ride the ride with each of the 5 adults and guess what we stood in line 5 times. Got a bit sick of listening to the same stuff in line but he was SO happy!

Walt Disney1955

I've done the child swap and they are very accommodating for it. But it is only for my wife and I taking turns staying outside of an attraction to stay with the children who aren't tall enough. This way both of us ride it once and our son rides it twice. They won't do this for adults even if it is well meaning.

I know people have told you this already and probably almost everyone is at least thinking it, but why not just go on separate trips? You have a new wife and your daughter has a step mom. She'll still always have a mother, but that mother is no longer your wife and probably shouldn't go on vacation with you. Is your current wife okay with this because that just tingles of awkwardness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom