How to recharge Video Cam Batteries?

yensid67

Original Poster
I was wondering what you do to recharge your camcorder batteries while in the parks? I know that the camera shops at the front of the parks USE TO HAVE a free service where you could drop your battery off and they would recharge it for you! Does anyone know if they still offer this service?
If they don't have the service any longer, what are the things you do to recharge your batteries? Does WDW frown on using a plug to plug in your own charger until the battery is charged?
I have 2 video cameras that I am taking, one VHS and one digital. I have 4 batteries for each, But I may have to recharge the batteries so I can capture the late afternoon action! Any ideas on what or how to do this!?

Thanks for all your wonderful help in advance!

Will
:wave: from PA!

Metallica_Band

I've always just gone to a restaurant or other place to eat that isn't too busy and just said I just wanted some water and a place to sit for a few minutes. Maybe get a cheap something to eat. I'd ask for a different place to sit if I saw an outlet that was closer to me.

Basically, I just scout for an outlet and just ask to sit where it is or just sit by one if it's in a random place in the park. I've never really asked to specifically sit by one and I've never been asked not to use one.

heartodisney

Also, look into that each park has a complimentary Baby Care Center where you should be able to retreat to an air-conditioned calm zone. (you will of course have to put up with children) Tv's are running and other things for kids.

Magic Kingdom: Just next to the Crystal Palace restaurant entrance

Epcot: The Odyssey Center, behind Test Track

Hollywood Studios: Immediately to your left as you enter the park

Animal Kingdom: On Discover Island, as you head toward the Africa land and near the Pizzafari restaurant

cemeb4dk

wow, you think your going to go thru 4 batteries in less than 1 day. I have just a basic sony camcorder and I get way more than a day on one battery. But then I am not filming every step I take in the park. If your batteries are old and just don't hold a charge any longer maybe just get some new ones, instead of running around trying to figure out where you will charge your camera.

Also are you actually bringing a VHS camera? That brings back memories from the early 80's with my dad having one but the tape had to go into half of the vcr that he had to bring with him. We used to rent a wheel chair just to lug the camera around.

Enjoy your trip....

Courtney1188

Take your video camera to Best Buy or something and get a charger so you can charge it overnight in your room. Just make sure you bring either your video camera or the battery with you so they know what kind you need!

cavepig

I always have 2 batteris, 1 in the camera, and 1 as a spare. I charge overnight and am good to go the next day. If you think you'll go thru them fast than buy more so you don't have to worry about charging or if you take a midday break at your room put one on the charger then. See if your camera sells longer lasting batteries too, some do.

yensid67

Original Poster
wow, you think your going to go thru 4 batteries in less than 1 day. I have just a basic sony camcorder and I get way more than a day on one battery. But then I am not filming every step I take in the park. If your batteries are old and just don't hold a charge any longer maybe just get some new ones, instead of running around trying to figure out where you will charge your camera.

Also are you actually bringing a VHS camera? That brings back memories from the early 80's with my dad having one but the tape had to go into half of the vcr that he had to bring with him. We used to rent a wheel chair just to lug the camera around.

Enjoy your trip....

:ROFLOL:Your post made me smile when I reaad about the VHS camera! LOL! My camera is not THAT big its more compact and takes those small, fat tapes! I plan on NOT recording the entire day, but want to capture the most important parts such as parades and fireworks and MAYBE some personal video of us enjoying Dumbo...can you imagine a 42/53 year olds riding Dumbo!? :ROFLOL:

But in any case, THANK YOU for your input! I do appreciate it!

yensid67

Original Poster
Thank you!

:wave: I just want to take a quick moment and say THNAK YOU to you for your posts of ideas and advice! I ALWAYS know that I can count on my friend here to step up and give some good advice!

Have a Magical Day!

Will
:wave: from PA!

heartodisney

picture.php

VHS!!!! Snap! I guess I overread that part....ha ha...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom