Trip Report How to lose 11 things in 10 days - September 2017

Its become some what of a joke, even though its not that funny, we lose things. Especially on vacation. Id like to say its mostly Billy but this trip it was obvious we are both too careless. We lost a total of 11 items over our 10 day trip :eek: So you could say there was some drama, we do have a happy ending though! ...well sort of.

Lets get this show on the road :p

Who: Ciara (ME) and Billy (Boyfriend of 4 years)
20D415A4-A22D-4854-AC55-6A7D29A6BE5E.jpg

Notice Billy's hat? Yeah, It was item #1 to go missing

What: 10 days of magical fun in WDW

When: September 13th-22nd 2017

Where: Stayed at Disney's Pop Century

Why: 4 year anniversary and WHY NOT?! ;)

I'm still gathering all my pictures... there are well over 1500 between camera, my phone and billy's phone but i will try to get the first couple post up by tonight

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 17th 2017- Day 5, part 4

Be prepared for a bunch of not so great photos of the stage show and the parade. My camera did the best it could!

We woke up about 4pm and got ready for MNSSHP! We had a fastpass for Space we were also hoping to make. At about 5pm we were walking into MK. We were directed towards the area to get bracelets, treat bags and first couple candy stops.

540 (2).jpg

Sadly, these are the only photos i got of our outfits
540.jpg

541.jpg

543.jpg

544.jpg

We were Donald and Daisy duck!

542.jpg

545.jpg

We made it to our Space fastpass just in time. During our ride i reached up to double check my bow and it was still there. Sometime between then and the end it flew off! I had lost my bow :( (item #2) I was so bummed. I had made it so it wasn't expensive but i felt like without it, you couldn't really tell who i was... :( We never got better photos of our outfits because i was seriously SO bummed about the bow. All day i had been trying to get through to lost and found about Billy's hat but had been unsuccessful. We had some time to kill so i thought id try again. I got through annnndddd THEY FOUND BILLYS HAT!! We had left it in the locker a BB. We celebrated with dinner at Casey's. Billy got the mac and cheese and i got corn dog nuggets :p

629.jpg

630.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 17th 2017- Day 5, part 5

After dinner we walked through Adventureland to Big Thunder and saw a bunch of ducks on the way.

642.jpg

643.jpg

644.jpg

645.jpg

Big Thunder was having a hard time this week. When we got there, it was down o_O We could hear them running test so we hung around for a bit to see if it would open. After about 15 minutes it was clear it wouldn't anytime soon. Time to ride Haunted Mansion! The party had officially begun so we stopped at the candy spots on the way. 3 stops later and our bags were full! We got in line for Haunted Mansion and the ghost lady wasn't out yet.

714.jpg

When we exited she was :joyfull:

732 (2).jpg

732.jpg

We watched her for awhile. I am not sure where we were going but we passed IASM with a 5 minute wait and i dragged billy on.

748.jpg

Our names popped up at the end!
750.jpg

Attachments

• 749.jpg
    749.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 117

Ciara

Original Poster
September 17th 2017- Day 5, part 6

We were trying not to run all over the park but somehow ended up back at Big Thunder. It was up and running! We had a quick ride before heading to the castle for the stage show. We kept having to adjust for shoulder kids but for the most part had a good view.

823.jpg

828.jpg

829.jpg

830.jpg

831.jpg

832.jpg

833.jpg

834.jpg

835.jpg

836.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 17th 2017- Day 5, part 7

837.jpg

838.jpg

839.jpg

840.jpg

841.jpg

There was a little time between the stage show and the parade. We didn't want to cut it too close so we opted for another ride on Big Thunder before finding a parade spot in Frontierland. We grabbed a water and a diet coke from a nearby cart and sat on the railing waiting for the parade.

Cadaver Dans
900.jpg

919.jpg

920.jpg

921.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 17th 2017- Day 5, part 9

932.jpg

We are not big show or parade people but we enjoyed both and were glad we made an effort to see them. Following the parade out of Frontierland, we ended up in front of Mine train. It was posted at 30 minutes. We never rode last trip so we waited it out!

1000.jpg

It was totally worth it. We had a fun train of people who really like to swing the car. It was so fun :D As we exited Space was at 5 minutes. It was difficult to get in and out of the rockets in a skirt so i thought about sitting it out. I ended up going on because literally NO ONE was in line. Who cares if i flash the CM's? ;) We even had our own rockets.

1021.PNG

1022.PNG

Feeling pretty tired. We agreed on one last ride on Space before leaving. It was still at 5 minutes but the line was getting longer. We really tried to stay till midnight but ended up leaving at 11pm. Even though we left early, the line for the bus back to POP was very long. We stopped by the pool bar on the way to the room. The bartender was very nice and joked with us about how tired we looked. He made us two strong long islands. Revived from the drinks, we tackled some laundry before bed. We walked around POP while waiting for the laundry.

1238.jpg

1240.jpg

And then to sleep.

Next up: A chill day and we recover Billys hat!

Ciara

Original Poster
Really enjoying your TR. Did I read correctly that Billy had never ridden POTC???? If so, Im glad he finally did. It is such a classic! And yall's park touring style is just like ours, (my wife and I), heavy on the beers!

How did you guys like the Green Grog Ale? And clev-uh boy on Billy's part for sticking with the Golden Monkey. He may have earned a spot in the
"Tambooo" Lounge Club. I will confirm it with @lostpro9het and @Tuvalu ;)

Yes! It was down for refurb last trip. I think this trip i got him on all the classics!

It could have been because we were already a few beers deep but i thought it was surprisingly good :p

Ciara

Original Poster
September 18th 2017- Day 6, part 1

I hope you like our faces, there are a lot of them in this next post!

We woke up around noon with only two things on the agenda for the day 1. Lost and found to retrieve Billy's hat 2. Teppan Edo for dinner. We decided to make it easy and take Uber to the lost and found.

Video of the moment:

It was still a nice day, but a bit cloudy with a breeze which made the temperature much more tolerable. With Hat in hand we decided to walk to the Poly to hang out.

213.jpg

We kind of love it there :inlove:

214.jpg

We had some "adult" sodas in our mugs and it was nice to enjoy them on the beach. The beach was empty!

215.jpg

216.jpg

217.jpg

I was trying to take some "artsy" photos of the bungalows

218.jpg

221.jpg

222.jpg

224.jpg

Billy thought it was funny so he was taking photos of me

219.jpg

Ciara

Original Poster
September 18th 2017- Day 6, part 2

We wandered to the dock and finished our drinks there.
225.jpg

226.jpg

It was really nice to just sit and enjoy the breeze. We were mostly alone everywhere we went.
The hat is back
228.jpg

229.jpg

Our only company
231.jpg

232.jpg

234.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

Not ready to leave, we decided to head up to Tambu lounge.

Ciara

Original Poster
September 18th 2017- Day 6, part 3

255.jpg

256.jpg

320.jpg

Billy got a backscratcher

311.jpg

I got an island sunset. I'm sad to say this was WAY too sweet for me. Maybe i just got a bad one. I had trouble finishing it.

310.jpg

Neither of us loved our mixed drinks so when we finished them we went back to our trusted choice and we took them to go!

336.jpg

The dock was so nice, we went back there to enjoy them

240.jpg

Caught in a moment of pure bliss
237.jpg

236.jpg

235.jpg

We discussed what to do next and decided on exploring Disney springs. This time we could see everything in the day!

Up next: We run into a instagram famous family

Ciara

Original Poster
September 18th 2017- Day 6, part 4

We had to wait quite awhile for a bus.

430.jpg

432.jpg

We arrived just after 4:30pm and explored the shops

438.jpg

439.jpg

We only ended up buying two clearance shirts from the lucky store. Went to the coke bar just cause.

504.jpg

505.jpg

We were hungry and i really wanted to try the smokehouse. We got the Pulled chicken Nachos and they were so good we devoured them before getting a good photo!
531.jpg

They had live music

536.jpg

538.jpg

539.jpg

We were sitting enjoying the music when we notice a large crowd of people walking by. I realized it was probably for The Bucket List family. I remembered reading something about a meet up in Disney Spring but had no idea when it was. I looked on their Instagram and sure enough they were right around the corner the whole time we were there!

Ciara

Original Poster
September 18th 2017- Day 6, part 5

540.jpg

541.jpg

We grabbed a beer from the bowling place, probably Jai Alais, and walked over to where the meetup was going on. We listened to people ask questions and snapped a quick stalker photo before continuing on to explore Disney springs

Stalker photo
551.jpg

Some hurricane damage
554.jpg

559.jpg

603.jpg

605.jpg

606.jpg

607.jpg

623.jpg

prfctlyximprct

I am caught up!! Your costumes are super cute, I am sad about your bow!!! Love that this report has such a relaxing pace and you are truly capturing all the beautiful little details of the World :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom