how to link flights for DME?

PigletIsMyCat

aloha! i'm working on an existing reservation for my brother and future-sis-in-law and trying to add their flight info... it's not jumping out at me and i don't know how to add it to the reservation. any help appreciated! thanks :)

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
ah, well that would explain why i can't find where to do it online... :) thanks!

i'm still trying to convince them to just let me plan EVERYTHING.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I think if you don't have it when you book, then you have to call later to add it. I'm not sure there's any way to add it online after you've booked??

Upvote 0

Rob562

Also, if not everyone on the reservation is on the same flight, it's best to call the DME people directly. (The number above is probably the correct local one, but I also have a toll-free 866-599-0951). I find that Central Reservations often has trouble with getting "complex" flight info onto the reservation properly. The DME number is staffed by people who know how to do it.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Ariel484

Do we think this is something they'll ever add to online booking? They do everything else online...of course the other stuff has been so buggy that maybe it's best to leave well enough alone. ;) (I say that but I almost always get DME books with incorrect information sent to me...so even the phone doesn't always work well!)

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

You used to be able to book online. I did it back in September 2013 but now when you go to the link it redirects you to the MDE info page. So I guess calling is now the only way.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Do we think this is something they'll ever add to online booking? They do everything else online...of course the other stuff has been so buggy that maybe it's best to leave well enough alone. ;) (I say that but I almost always get DME books with incorrect information sent to me...so even the phone doesn't always work well!)
It's another case of 2 computer systems talking to each other - or not - and the timing of the booklet being printed.

It really doesn't matter, as long as your flight info is in the system properly since the barcode in the DME system links everything together.

The booklet isn't even needed anymore, since you can use your MagicBand when you arrive to check into DME at the airport; and then use the voucher they give you the night before you leave to go back to the airport.

Upvote 0

Ariel484

It's another case of 2 computer systems talking to each other - or not - and the timing of the booklet being printed.

It really doesn't matter, as long as your flight info is in the system properly since the barcode in the DME system links everything together.

The booklet isn't even needed anymore, since you can use your MagicBand when you arrive to check into DME at the airport; and then use the voucher they give you the night before you leave to go back to the airport.
Yeah, I know that the booklet isn't needed anymore, just unsettling to see the wrong information printed. I've been to WDW 3 times with the bands and it's been fine, just annoying to have to call and confirm every single time. :)

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
when you first book the reservation, it has the option to add your flight info and ground transport... i can't imagine why it's available there but not available to be added on post-reservation like it used to be. o_O

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom