How to Choose, Deluxe or Value Resort?

Tigger Trainer

My wife and I are planning a trip to the WDW resort the last two weeks in Aug. We would arrive in the afternoon on Monday and be there until the Sat of the following week. We are looking into staying at POP Century or Art of Animation, but my wife also likes the four deluxe MK resorts. What resort would you choose? Do you think the deluxe resorts are worth the price for the length of stay we have? Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks!

The Empress Lilly

If I'm with like-minded company, I'm out and about all day, every day, so I just opt for a cheap hotel. Hey, they all have a pool and clean comfy beds and airconditioning.

I'd rather spend the money on something else!

Upvote 0

Clamman73

Start to look at a value, mod and deluxe on the Disney site and put in your dates for when you want to go. I just did for two weeks in August b/t Pop and GF and almost passed out.

Upvote 0
There is no contest between the two. You are treated like a king at Deluxe resorts, and if you have the money to spend, like someone else has said, there is no reason not to go to a deluxe resort. For example, I stayed at the Contemporary, and you practically got to do what ever you wanted around the pool, in the night. You could sit there in teh hot tub, or have the whole pool to yourself.. If you can afford it, definatley go with a Deluxe resort, The Contemporary Resort is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I admit it - I'm a resort snob. I will stay in a moderate, but I'll wait another year for a trip if that means I can stay in a Deluxe. My most recent deluxe was 2 stays at the Contemporary, but I voted for Wilderness Lodge because that's where I want to stay next. If you have the coin, go for it. You won't be sorry. It's a whole other experience.

Upvote 0

ThankstoMOM

I have stayed at all levels. Mods are very nice and affordable, but we love our Poly. DW and I honeymooned there plus we are big tiki/polynesian style people so we were pretty much in love with the Poly from the first smell. All thou I would like to stay at the themed rooms at Art of animation.

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

I voted for the Contemporary because they are only one Magic Kingdom Resort where you can walk to the Magic Kingdom. Plus assuming you reserve a Tower room those all come with a guaranteed balcony and their Standard Rooms in general are among the biggest of the Deluxe Resorts.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

It sounds like you are going for nearly 2 weeks. How about a split stay? First week in a Value Resort, second week in a Deluxe Resort. Disney can help with the transfer.

If it's just you and your DW, consider one of the Epcot Resorts: Boardwalk Inn, Yacht Club, or Beach Club. As adults, you'll appreciate Crescent Lake, the Boardwalk, and being able to walk to Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios. There's a lot more for adults to do in that area than at the other resorts.

Upvote 0

donaldtoo

This past July we stayed at AoA and really, really loved it.
But, we also visited Wilderness Lodge 'cause we had an ADR at WCC, and fell in love with that resort. :)
These days, we tend to stay at the values 'cause we pretty much only use the room as a place to crash and freshen up. But, after visiting WL we dearly want to stay there at some point, even if only for a couple/few nights of a trip.

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

Well Tiggerfanatic said exactly how my DH and I feel, we will wait a year and stay at a deluxe as we looooove the deluxe resorts and spend a lot of time there so we feel it's worth it. We take afternoon breaks and next year are adding a day to our trip to have a day just by the pool. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

ParkMan73

I've stayed in all the different levels. I think that the Deluxe resorts are worth paying more for. A few years ago we stayed at the Boardwalk. I was not wowed by the room, but I like the resort themeing. It was also really, really nice to be able to walk to Epcot or to DHS. It made the trip so much more magical to not have to get on the buses for several days of our visit. The same would be true for the MK area Deluxe resorts as well where I could hop a boat or ride the monorail.

However, would I shorten a trip, wait an extra year to visit, or scrimp and save to do it - no. At the end of the day they're all just hotels. For me, it's the parks that really matter. We get up, grab the kids & some coffee and head to the parks. We get back at night well after dark. So, for us, lately we've taken to reserving a couple of rooms at a value resort so that we can just spread out.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

It sounds like you are going for nearly 2 weeks. How about a split stay? First week in a Value Resort, second week in a Deluxe Resort. Disney can help with the transfer.

If it's just you and your DW, consider one of the Epcot Resorts: Boardwalk Inn, Yacht Club, or Beach Club. As adults, you'll appreciate Crescent Lake, the Boardwalk, and being able to walk to Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios. There's a lot more for adults to do in that area than at the other resorts.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I would stay in a value resort the first week when you'll want to be in the parks all day, then switch to a deluxe (I love WL, but the Epcot resorts are so convenient) for the second week when you'll want to relax more.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort, but I think a lot has to do with the prices being lower. All things being equal, I'd choose the Grand Floridian.

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

I think it depends on your vacationing style. For us, if we know it's going to be a whirlwind trip where we spend 12+ hours in the parks everyday and the resort is literally just a place to sleep then we stay value. If we know we want to slow down and take our time then we stay mod. or deluxe because they typically offer more to do at the resort. If you are going to take the time to enjoy the resort then I would say stay deluxe, and of the ones you mentioned my vote is WL.

Upvote 0

Philo

Delux resorts are a whole lot more money, but are more comfortable because of it. That said, I've only ever stayed in AKL and WL and I'm not sure I'd want to pay the additional premium for on on the Monorail loop. To me, the boat service at WL is fantastic so I'd choose that every time over the monorail.

Don't count out AKL either. Sure, it's not close to anything other than DAK but it is the most impressive resort on property (IMO). Some people don't like the busses but from what I've seen, the service will get you from the resort to any park faster than most values (much smaller queues).

Upvote 0

luv

Deluxe is nicer than Value, but isn't as nice as luxury hotels outside of WDW. Don't pay all that money because you think you're going to get excellent service because you won't.

But the rooms are bigger and the Deluxes have bellmen, valet and room service.

If you can afford it, get the Deluxe. If you can't afford it, get something nicer for less money offsite or stay in a smaller Disney room.

Me, I'd get a condo. I wouldn't want to be stuck in one room for two weeks. Ugh! Disney has some and there are many offsite. For less than the cost of a Disney mod, you get everything you could want.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom