How to Choose, Deluxe or Value Resort?

Tigger Trainer

My wife and I are planning a trip to the WDW resort the last two weeks in Aug. We would arrive in the afternoon on Monday and be there until the Sat of the following week. We are looking into staying at POP Century or Art of Animation, but my wife also likes the four deluxe MK resorts. What resort would you choose? Do you think the deluxe resorts are worth the price for the length of stay we have? Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks!

CommyHolly

I've stayed at all levels (I was a travel agent for 14 years) and I have to say that the value resorts are just eh,,,,ok. We lovvved the moderate resorts, especially the Port Orleans Riverside,,,,,,,well worth the extra money there, IMHO.

as for the deluxe properties,,,,,,gorgeous,,,,,,,,but just way too much $$ to spend if I didn't get a travel agent's discount,,,,,

However, take what I say with a grain of salt, because we also love the campground and stay there often in our camper LOL.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

With the exception of the AKL/AKLV all the other Deluxe Resorts share Bus service with several resorts. For example the Boardwalk shares with the Swan & Dolphin when going to the Magic Kingdom.

Plus the Boardwalk/Yacht Club/Beach Club/Swan/Dolphin all share the same bus when going to Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach and Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon.
Right. And that sucks. If I'm going to pay $300+ per night, I want to go right to Magic Kingdom, not spend 15 minutes stopping at other resorts first or finding out that another resort filled up 90% of the seats on the bus before it even got to your stop. I'm saying I'd bet that the PolyThat's why I love Pop. Also, the switchback-less bus stops at the mods and deluxes may seem more civilized, but then it turns into Lord of the Flies when a bus hasn't come for a while and the Magic Kingdom bus finally comes after five Downtown Disney buses but the problem is that it's already 3/4 full from Kidani and all of a sudden more people than the bus can take. Whew, flashback.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom