How strict is Disney with occupancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinrmc86

We are staying at the Caribbean Beach for 7 nights and there is 5 of us, but the limit is 4, is there anyway I could sneak someone in? I already am renting a car so we have a ride to the hotel and back, but how is the hotel, this is our first time going and the cabins are already booked when we are going, and we can't reschedule our trip because of work can you guys help me out?

BuddhasHomeGirl

I have brought an extra person in SEVERAL times, they were there at check in and used the pool and everything, no one said a word, no one cared. Dont worry about it. I am not going to pay another $175.00 a night for one extra kid, we only sleep in the room as it is! Dont let people scare you with the "Moral clause" *eye roll*

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have brought an extra person in SEVERAL times, they were there at check in and used the pool and everything, no one said a word, no one cared. Dont worry about it. I am not going to pay another $175.00 a night for one extra kid, we only sleep in the room as it is! Dont let people scare you with the "Moral clause" *eye roll*

Sleep, bath, dress, personal hygiene... 5 people can really get in the way.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Another vote for at least trying to swap your room reservation from CBR to POR. For the same money (if the room is available), you'll be a lot more comfortable, and you won't have to worry about trying to sneak anyone past the front desk/housekeeping staff.

Upvote 0

vinrmc86

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I will call Disney and see if we can switch to the Riverside hotel, they told me I can't switch to the value hotels because they are already booked up completly for the time we are going.

Upvote 0
:(:(:(:(:(

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

One of the perks of staying on property is using the Extra Magic Hours. I think by switching your reservations- you'll really enjoy being able to stay in the parks longer. Plus- I'm extra picky. I wouldn't live in a house with one bathroom. It's torture to have 3 adults sharing a bathroom for a week. Trust me!

Upvote 0

lac628

I also stayed with 3 other adults in one of the all star rooms and it was cramped! I know you only sleep there, but trying to share the shower and vanity space in the morning was crazy. I think 2 rooms would be much more comfortable.

Upvote 0

dizzney

We are a family of five and stay at DVC, that being said, this year we used our DVC points to stay at the Grand Californian with the five of us my husband and I, 17 year old son and 9 year old twins (B/G). We were booked as a party of five and so we all got room keys and they delviered one of those folding beds for my daughter, 5 in a room was so tigh and we only had hte one bathroom (tough with a teeanger), and the Grand California is their luxery hotel, I would not recommend at CBR at all, try Fort Wilderness too, cost depends on time of year and sometimes there are good deals, don't pack them in, UNCOMFORTABLE!

Upvote 0

Disney_Freak429

I say if your not going to feel cramped go for it. In all honesty I am doing something like this soon staying with my friend the entire week at a value resort to go to WDW with him everyday. Yes my situation is a tad different since it will only be two people which is normal for a room. BUT I agree with the person way above I have an AP & to be "in" the room Disney wanted the other person staying in the room to get tickets ect. which I don't need. They were telling my friend this & that there wasn't just an added room fee & that I needed a "package". So will we be using EMH no but who cares because I won't have to drive back & forth an hr. each day to be at WDW with my friend for the week. (sorry if that sounded like too much ranting but having to get the same "package" to be on the room is stupid) ;)

Upvote 0

babydonald

Staying with a 3 yo

You only have four adults and the 3yo I am assuming is a regular 3 yo, in terms of size. The room will be a little crowded however, you should at least have a larger bathroom at the mid resort and the vanity is outside the actual bathroom. It is your decision but I have a three year old and we actually stayed at the Coronado Springs with DH, one of my sisters, 21, a cousin, 14, me and my 3yo. We did fine. We all had to carve out our space. No one said a word to us, anywhere.

Upvote 0

gardenia

So on this board, it's okay to discuss lying and cheating? Because on most decent boards it is not. Shame on everyone who cheats the system and thinks it's just fine and dandy. Hope they catch ya and throw ya out.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
So on this board, it's okay to discuss lying and cheating? Because on most decent boards it is not. Shame on everyone who cheats the system and thinks it's just fine and dandy. Hope they catch ya and throw ya out.

1. You obviously haven't been to a lot of boards.
2. There is a difference between allowing discussion and condoning. The WDW policy about occupancy is very clear, and the majority of people know this. The question was not "Is it OK to have more than the stated occupancy?" rather "How strict is WDW about enforcing the rule?"

Some boards allow posters to actively participate in working the system through exchanges and allow their forums to be used for people to coordinate those efforts. wdwmagic does not allow this, and if the poster was, say, looking for 4 people to share the cost of the room, the thread would be deleted.

The answers have varied, with the majority of people stating that they would not purposely violate the rules. So, again, no administrator or moderator would approve of the action, but the OP was not looking for approval or permission (I hope) If that is the case...it's wrong, so don't do it, but you already knew that. ;)

Upvote 0

Montyboy

Do you think anyone can write something in this thread so compelling that it convinces you to lie and cheat? It’s the same with everyone else - we’re just getting our thoughts out.

If the OP can swing it, go for two rooms. You’ll be on top of each other in one.

Upvote 0

vinrmc86

Original Poster

Ok, so I should cancel my trip????? All the other hotels are booked for the time we are going ( I tried all the value hotels for 2 rooms and the cabins at fort wilderness) Just because we are over 1 person for the limit, I guess you didn't read my post, I never wanted to cheat the system, actually I would prefer to get 2 rooms or a cabin, just the time we are going this is the only thing we can do. You have a great day as well.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok, so I should cancel my trip????? All the other hotels are booked for the time we are going ( I tried all the value hotels for 2 rooms and the cabins at fort wilderness) Just because we are over 1 person for the limit, I guess you didn't read my post, I never wanted to cheat the system, actually I would prefer to get 2 rooms or a cabin, just the time we are going this is the only thing we can do. You have a great day as well.
If you would like to PM me your dates I can see what I can find for you.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

If you would like to PM me your dates I can see what I can find for you.

8.gif

One day, I'm going to use KK to plan a Disney trip!

Upvote 0

Sam02

What I like about this board vs. others is that people can talk about things like hotel occupancy, pool hopping, resort mug reuse in a somewhat adult manner. There are many people out there who don't know every single minute detail and rule and want answers. There are many who know the rules, but want to know if it is a big or little rule. There are many who are strictly looking to get the most bang for thier buck, no matter what. No matter what the reason, the moderators and admin have allowed that discussions can take place instead of laying an all might edict down that there are certain topics that are "banned." I think as long as we can treat each other respectfully then its OK to have discussions where people disagree. People may not change their minds, but they might come away with some new knowledge.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom