How Rough a ride is Dinosaur @ Animal Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOMI2KIDS

Be truthful, how rough a ride is it?
My kids are 6&8. Both thin and tall. Just wondering whether we should even try it.My son is 6 and loves Dinos, but not sure what to expect on this ride. They sure don't show enough on the planning video.
Is it very scary as some suggest?
I'm thinking I should try it myself and then decide then whether the kids will like it.
What do you all think? I know everyone is different. But just wondering what other parents think.

erasure fan1

SpenceMan01 said:
AGE 3?!? You've got to be kidding me. ToT and Dinosaur at 3?!? I'm calling your bluff. Both rides have height requirements of at least 3 feet. I don't know ANY 3 year olds that tall.

My niece was that tall at 3 1/2 she is a giant for her age.

As for dinosaur you really need to judge your kid for yourself because the ride is dark, loud, very jerky just like everyone has said. Every kid will react different, My daughter at 4 will have none of it.

Upvote 0

minnie29uk

MOMI2KIDS said:
My kids are 6&8. Both thin and tall. Just wondering whether we should even try it.My son is 6 and loves Dinos, but not sure what to expect on this ride. They sure don't show enough on the planning video.
I'm thinking I should try it myself and then decide then whether the kids will like it.
What do you all think? I know everyone is different. But just wondering what other parents think.

I go on everything,always have.I must admit I found this quite rough(as in jerky) but not tummy spinning.
It does have a very scarey end,without a doubt!But its over in a flas-go for it!!!

Enjoy,
Lynn

Upvote 0

DolFan

I have seen the smallest of children go on this ride and love it, but it is a rough ride. When I go on it I know that everything is fake, but it is dark and the dinosaurs are very loud. Everytime I see my picture from the ride I have my eyes closed and are turned away from the big dinosaur.

Upvote 0

disneyracefan

i think its weak even my 8 year old said that the indiana jones ride at disneyland was way better its a shame that they could not match that ride when they did the dino. ride at a.k.

Upvote 0

col

dinosaur is not scary. not even one little bit. i went on it and the only thing that bothered me was the noise of the ride -it was very,very loud. i had my fingers in my ears for the whole ride and when you see the big dinosaur i didnt even flinch. on the souvineer pics that you get i am sitting there with my fingers in my ears and not even scared while everyone else in the cart is what looks like screaming. what is funny about those pics is looking at peoples faces and expressions. to be honest i found dinosaur lame and boring.

Upvote 0
My son was almost six when he rode it on our last trip. We had not been on it yet so we didn't tell him what to expect but he was excited to ride it just because it was dinosaurs. I don't think the actual motion of the ride bothered him, but it sure scared him when the dinosaurs jump out towards him. When we got off, he kept saying he didn't like it, but when we got out to the exit, her sure wanted to BUY a dinosaur in the gift shop. And he did, and it was one of the few souvoniers he came home with! He still talks about it. This is also a boy whose favorite ride was Tower of Terror! I think he would do it again.

Upvote 0

alitressa

SpenceMan01 said:
AGE 3?!? You've got to be kidding me. ToT and Dinosaur at 3?!? I'm calling your bluff. Both rides have height requirements of at least 3 feet. I don't know ANY 3 year olds that tall.

My daughter was 37 1/2 inches on her 2nd birthday. Since she will be 5 when we go in November, she'll be certainly tall enough for the ride but hates loud noises so we will skip it.

BTW they say that if you double a child's height at age 2, you can predict their adult height. I am hoping this is wrong b/c that will make her 6 feet, 2 inches!!

Upvote 0

PrincessAimee

I took my 6 year old on it last year and he had no problems with it. I didn't tell him anything about it or what it was. :D As we got closer to the ride on the inside of the building, he got more excited. The ride itself was not bad. It was jerky but he sat on the inside in the second row and was fine. Give it a try, they might surprise you, mine did.;)

Upvote 0

Sharon L

alitressa said:
My daughter was 37 1/2 inches on her 2nd birthday. Since she will be 5 when we go in November, she'll be certainly tall enough for the ride but hates loud noises so we will skip it.

BTW they say that if you double a child's height at age 2, you can predict their adult height. I am hoping this is wrong b/c that will make her 6 feet, 2 inches!!

Actually, I think my pediatrician said to double their height at age 2 1/2, so she might even be taller! He did go on to say that all children grow at different rates at different times in their life, so it really is not that accurate.

Upvote 0

MickeyFan77

My son went on it for the first time just after he turned three. If I recall the height limit was 41", not sure if it has changed since then. Well he was very scared and we had to hold on to him. To my defense I have to blame the CM because we asked he/she, can't remember, if it was scary and they said it was just bumpy. He calmed down within minutes of getting off but we had to buy him some play dinosaurs. We went back when he was 5 and he wanted nothing to do with the ride.

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

When we first went my youngest was four he did the ride but did not like it. Why you may ask ? He kept saying it was too jerky which it is very jerky, the following year he still said it was jerky but by now he likes the ride.(As an adult I will say it does throw you around a little atherwise it is fine.)

Upvote 0

princessmommy

My 3 almost 4 year old is 40 inches:)

My son loved dinosaur when he rode it at 5. I will not even try it with my DD 3 almost 4, as she will be terrified. It just depends on the kids personality:)

Upvote 0

Britt

We took our 6 year old on Dinosaur and he is very small!! About 29-31 lbs and just barely at height!! He was pretty terrified!! Lol we had him sit in the middle and my husband and I kept a hand on him at all times because it was convinced he'd be thrown! Lol

He wants to go on it again next time.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Try searching Dinosaur, or any Disney ride, on Youtube if you're not sure about them. PRetty much every thing at Disney someone has posted a ridethrough video they took.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Not that scary..but very "jerky"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom