How MyMagic+ handles attraction closures with FASTPASS+

t3techcom18

Just saw this post, thank you for thoroughly explaining for other people. I'm assuming you work at Epcot?

Not necessarily. If you know someone who's a CM, all this info is actually all available on the Hub.

What you said is true though. For Epcot, there's 3 categories...feel bad for those in MK or DHS. Ouch.

openendedsky

Not necessarily. If you know someone who's a CM, all this info is actually all available on the Hub.

What you said is true though. For Epcot, there's 3 categories...feel bad for those in MK or DHS. Ouch.
This is true. I just haven't really had access to the Internet much lately as I've just moved to a new apartment, so my time on the Hub has been limited. I was just briefed on the FP+ stuff this morning and had my proficiencies updated. And yeah. I'm still not really sure how I feel about everything. Maybe once I get a more comprehensive view of the big picture.

lentesta

Premium Member
Well, let's not pretend that installing the infrastructure would take $2 billion for another company to do. @lentesta, could you model something similar for under $10k if you're not factoring in the input terminals at each attraction?

Heh. Statisticians are expensive, so $10K might get you a month. But it's a low-millions problem to implement, not billions.

One of the big issues we've seen in talking to other parks is that many of them just don't have the basic infrastructure set up to record, estimate, and communicate back wait times effectively. That is, there's not even a spreadsheet somewhere to answer questions like "What were the wait times at your popular attractions *last* summer?"

Disney's probably the best at it. Universal is, I think, a little more manual in their processing. And some regional parks literally have nothing.

muteki

Not sure if its been said, but I'm mobile:

For Epcot, at least, there are three FP+ designations, Soarin', Test Track, then everything else. If Soarin' breaks down, you will have the option to reserve a later FP for EITHER Soarin' or a downgraded attraction. Same for Test Track. I'm assuming this is universal across all parks, so no, if Soarin' breaks down, you will not be made to get a Figment or Seas FP reservation.
Wow, options customized to each park's individual attraction lineup? MADNESS!

I'm a little more enthused with the updated rules, my only concern is with availability. If your reservation gets hosed and you could in theory reschedule later, there is no guarantee that there will be any left.

openendedsky

Wow, options customized to each park's individual attraction lineup? MADNESS!

I'm a little more enthused with the updated rules, my only concern is with availability. If your reservation gets hosed and you could in theory reschedule later, there is no guarantee that there will be any left.
The hostility in this post is unnecessary.

Mr Bill

I'm still under the impression that availability won't be an issue at all when it comes to attraction downtime. You won't have to make a new FP+ reservation, just go to the FP return at any of the attractions you've been given a choice of, scan the band and it'll light up green. More like the current readmission tickets than a new reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom