How MyMagic+ handles attraction closures with FASTPASS+

Nemo14

Interesting. So if their fastpass automatically closes and they have the option to select another FP, would that claosed attraction be a possibility for a FP later?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
FASTPASS+ brings a significant change to how attraction closures are handled. What do you think?

Full details at http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...handles-attraction-closures-with-fastpass.htm

"With FASTPASS+, a closure of an attraction results in an automated process where an alternative FASTPASS+ experience entitlement is automatically sent to the guest via My Disney Experience, and the original FASTPASS+ is expired."

My question is, when does this happen? When the ride goes down, or when you Fastpass window arrives and the ride is currently down?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I guess my opinion will depend on what is offered as a replacement. If my replacement for Soarin is SSE, the Seas, or Maelstrom, I'll be miffed.
In the case of Epcot, big E-Ticket alternatives are a bit slim on the ground, but that is a whole other issue.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So if you don't have a smart device with you and it is your last day on your trip and late at night, your screwed.

By the attraction being closed. Yes. As for FP, how is this any different? Would you have gotten another FP (are there any available) and had the ability to actually use it (when the return time is) before closing?

If anything this has the potential to get you into another FP attraction where the old system would not have because you won't necessarily have the mandatory waits before your return time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
"With FASTPASS+, a closure of an attraction results in an automated process where an alternative FASTPASS+ experience entitlement is automatically sent to the guest via My Disney Experience, and the original FASTPASS+ is expired."

My question is, when does this happen? When the ride goes down, or when you Fastpass window arrives and the ride is currently down?
Ahead of time, when it goes down or even earlier if they know it is going down later.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
By the attraction being closed. Yes. As for FP, how is this any different? Would you have gotten another FP (are there any available) and had the ability to actually use it (when the return time is) before closing?

If anything this has the potential to get you into another FP attraction where the old system would not have because you won't necessarily have the mandatory waits before your return time.
That is exactly the point. FASTPASS+ can salvage you another FP+ where it was previously not possible.

flynnibus

Premium Member
FASTPASS+ brings a significant change to how attraction closures are handled. What do you think?

Full details at http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...handles-attraction-closures-with-fastpass.htm

I wonder if not being able to get a new reservation for the first ride is because of the assumption that the ride isn't open and they don't know when, so they freeze all new reservations

or..

if they physically block you from rebooking the same attraction in the day

If it's the first case, simply waiting to claim your rebooking may lead you to being able to get a new reservation on the ride AFTER it's been reopened and they reopen FP+ bookings for it.

Is the block on rebooking the same attraction.. or is the block on booking an attraction that is currently closed?

It's interesting that they are toeing with the path of giving you 'credit' for a FP for another time. That leads one to believe they would start issuing extra 'credits' like this for guest recovery too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So if I have a Fastpass for 3:00 PM, and the ride goes down from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM, I still loose my Fastpass for that ride? If this is the case then this is going to lead to A LOT of Fastpass cancelations.
No. It wil be up to operations to determine if a closure at 1pm is going to impact your 3pm FP+. So for example, if Splash closes at 1pm, and at that time they determine that it is likely to be closed for the next 4 hours, they may well cancel your 3pm FP+ and give you a chance to do something else. If they decide it may only be closed for an hour, your 3pm FP+ would remain active.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No. It wil be up to operations to determine if a closure at 1pm is going to impact your 3pm FP+. So for example, if Splash closes at 1pm, and at that time they determine that it is likely to be closed for the next 4 hours, they may well cancel your 3pm FP+ and give you a chance to do something else. If they decide it may only be closed for an hour, your 3pm FP+ would remain active.

Ok, that makes sense.

ToTBellHop

In the case of Epcot, big E-Ticket alternatives are a bit slim on the ground, but that is a whole other issue.
Right. In all honesty, this is an improvement. Currently, if TT goes down and I have a FP, I don't ride b/c I'm not going to keep checking back to see if it reopened. At least with this, I'm alerted not to waste my time heading over there and to instead walk on to Living with the Land with little or no wait.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wonder if not being able to get a new reservation for the first ride is because of the assumption that the ride isn't open and they don't know when, so they freeze all new reservations

or..

if they physically block you from rebooking the same attraction in the day

If it's the first case, simply waiting to claim your rebooking may lead you to being able to get a new reservation on the ride AFTER it's been reopened and they reopen FP+ bookings for it.

Is the block on rebooking the same attraction.. or is the block on booking an attraction that is currently closed?

It's interesting that they are toeing with the path of giving you 'credit' for a FP for another time. That leads one to believe they would start issuing extra 'credits' like this for guest recovery too.
Yep good question. I don't have all the answers on this, and it is a very fluid system still. But what I outlined is the general plan of how it will work.

I think there is no question that a lot of guest recovery can be done this way. It is also interesting that they are holding back FP+ inventory for these re-arranged cancellations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom