How Much $$$$.

real mad hatter

Good Morning Everyone. Now this is my first thread after my wall of silence,fingers x it's not a duplicate.Its part one of a two headed thread.Question. How much does your Disney vacation cost ? ( approx.) And how long do you go for ? ( on site people only please ) And how many are there in your trip,including adults & children ? Thank you.;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, the trip varies each year, as does the cost.

My most expensive trip, per capita, has been to stay at the Disneyland Resort at DLC. Way overpriced, and once you add in spending money and flights, it cost more than a Disney Cruise. If I go back to DLC, I will be staying off property. It's just not worth it.

In 2010 it was me and the kid, we stayed at CBR with the Deluxe Dining, and it was around 5k when all was said and done (shopping, park costs, etc...) for 14 days.

In 2011, we went as a group of 1 adult 1 child for 1 week (me and the kid) and then 2 more adults (1 10 year old uncle and my kid's mom) for the last week. That trip cost around 8k, including shopping, etc.

In 2012, we ran way below my shopping budget, and the whole trip, with 3 days at a Universal resort for 1 kid 1 adult, and 10 days at Disney cost around 5k.

This year we are doing a split trip, and it's expensive, and will be the last year I do this for a while. For 1 kid, 1 adult, we are doing 1 night at Contemporary, which with Deluxe Dining (and yes, I crunched the numbers, we'll use the credits and come out about 200 above the cost), costs about 1k. Then we are doing 7 days on the Disney Fantasy, at a nice stateroom, which costs about 4700 total for that week, plus another 1k or so in port activites, which I haven't decided on yet, so I can't nail down that cost.

Then we are doing 10 days at POFQ, which is another 4k, with Deluxe Dining Plan. The last leg of the trip I'm still iffy on, not sure if we'll be too tired, if we'd rather do something else...

But there's the costs for this year. Add in a few grand of spending money, and it is way to much, but I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

I felt I should clarify, I don't make that much. I live on a miser's budget to be able to afford these sorts of events.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Well, the trip varies each year, as does the cost.

My most expensive trip, per capita, has been to stay at the Disneyland Resort at DLC. Way overpriced, and once you add in spending money and flights, it cost more than a Disney Cruise. If I go back to DLC, I will be staying off property. It's just not worth it.

In 2010 it was me and the kid, we stayed at CBR with the Deluxe Dining, and it was around 5k when all was said and done (shopping, park costs, etc...) for 14 days.

In 2011, we went as a group of 1 adult 1 child for 1 week (me and the kid) and then 2 more adults (1 10 year old uncle and my kid's mom) for the last week. That trip cost around 8k, including shopping, etc.

In 2012, we ran way below my shopping budget, and the whole trip, with 3 days at a Universal resort for 1 kid 1 adult, and 10 days at Disney cost around 5k.

This year we are doing a split trip, and it's expensive, and will be the last year I do this for a while. For 1 kid, 1 adult, we are doing 1 night at Contemporary, which with Deluxe Dining (and yes, I crunched the numbers, we'll use the credits and come out about 200 above the cost), costs about 1k. Then we are doing 7 days on the Disney Fantasy, at a nice stateroom, which costs about 4700 total for that week, plus another 1k or so in port activites, which I haven't decided on yet, so I can't nail down that cost.

Then we are doing 10 days at POFQ, which is another 4k, with Deluxe Dining Plan. The last leg of the trip I'm still iffy on, not sure if we'll be too tired, if we'd rather do something else...

But there's the costs for this year. Add in a few grand of spending money, and it is way to much, but I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

I felt I should clarify, I don't make that much. I live on a miser's budget to be able to afford these sorts of events. I eat on about 0 a month, for example.
Thanks for that.Very interesting.Theres no doubt that it's cheaper going in America than in the UK. A 14 day trip for two adults and a kid,staying at a mod,with park hopper & free DDP works approx $7.000.

Upvote 0

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
About 6k . cheaper options are available ,but meh we like to do things a certain way
Thats flights from Guernsey to USA, 14nights @ coronado , all ticketing , hire car , overnight at the Hilton in gatwick on way out , and PE upgrade on virgin . All for 2 adults

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
About 6k . cheaper options are available ,but meh we like to do things a certain way
Thats flights from Guernsey to USA, 14nights @ coronado , all ticketing , hire car , overnight at the Hilton in gatwick on way out , and PE upgrade on virgin . All for 2 adults
Is that ££££ or $$$$$ ?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

2 adults, 2 children, 6-7 days in the Parks (5-6 nights in an on-site moderate resort OR a DVC villa with rented points, during a low-to-moderate pricing season). Total airfare (direct flight from upstate New York to Orlando), parkhopper tickets, hotel, food, and miscellany (e.g., airport parking, Mousekeeping tips, a single small souvenir per person) total around $4,000.

Upvote 0

Alison1975

Good Morning Everyone. Now this is my first thread after my wall of silence,fingers x it's not a duplicate.Its part one of a two headed thread.Question. How much does your Disney vacation cost ? ( approx.) And how long do you go for ? ( on site people only please ) And how many are there in your trip,including adults & children ? Thank you.;)

This trip:

15 nights
5000 for resort/tickets and dining ( hoppers and WP&M tix)

949 for flights

5 people.. 3 disney adults 2 disney kids

Upvote 0

DaddyDisneyMan

2 adults, 2 kiddos (6 & 2), 7 days @ Pop w/ a 6 day Park Hopper. We are driving and stopping on the way there and back at a hotel. We do not have the DDP since its too much food. So all in all, with 2 extra hotel stayed, shopping, food and gas I would estimate out trip to be around $4300 at the most.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom