How much would people pay for a TSMM FP?

How much would people pay for a TSMM FP?

• $0 - Nobody would buy them

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Less than $1 per FP

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • $1 to $5 per FP

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • $6 to $10 per FP

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • $11 or more per FP

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters

luv

It would be the very rare occasion that I'd pay for a FP, but I think a LOT of people would. A lot of people already do, at Uni. And Disney just copies Uni's systems, so I assume there will be FPs available for purchase.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Toy Story Midway Mania! (TSMM) in Disney's Hollywood Studios is an extremely popular attraction. Its Standby Wait Time is often 120 minutes or longer.

Disney's FASTPASS (FP) service allows people to skip the Standby line, greatly reducing the wait time for attractions.

If Disney began selling Fast Passes (FP) for TSM, what do you think other people would be willing to pay for them?

Edit: When answering this question, please consider that the question is not what "you" would pay, it's what "people" would pay.

Think of all those families spending all that money on all those things Disney sells. Please see my two "Joe Tourist" posts below for an example.
One of the reasons I don't go to Universal THEY CHARGE FOR FAST PASS!!

Kuhio

I absolutely think the general public would pay $5+ for a FP to one of WDW's most popular attractions.

By way of reference, I took a look at the pricing for Universal's Express Pass -- $20 for the Studios, $30 for Islands of Adventure, or $36 for both parks lets you use the Express Pass lane one time in a single day for many of the parks' attractions. (There's also an unlimited version, which starts at $180 -- but that also includes a one-day parkhopper ticket.)

Keep in mind that some of the most popular attractions, like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, do not offer an Express Pass lane -- and that a number of the attractions for which Express Pass is offered are minor attractions or shows for which I can't imagine a guest would ever need a "front of the line" pass, even on busy days.

When I was at Universal a few weeks ago, I saw a surprising number of people who had paid to use Express Pass, despite the fact that crowds were very light, and there were very few attractions with a wait of more than 15 minutes for standby. With single rider, even the most popular attractions were literal walk-ons.

I just don't think the general public really thinks these things through very carefully -- the average guest isn't nearly as well informed as the average poster on these forums.

And if a substantial percentage of WDW visitors truly are "once in a lifetime" guests (and I have no idea what the numbers really are), then I'd think the number of people willing to pay a silly amount for FPs would be pretty high. If you're already shelling out a tidy sum for your WDW vacation but don't think you'll be back anytime soon -- if ever -- you're much more likely to just throw in the towel and pay whatever you can to "maximize your vacation" while you're there.

cheezbat

After paying $100 to get in, there's no way in heck i'd pay for a fast pass...especially at that half-@$$ed park known as Hollywood Studios(heck, I wouldn't pay $100 to get into that park in the first place!)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Personally I wouldn't pay. It's a D ticket that like Soarin doesn't deserve to be anywhere near as popular as it is.

But, people will pay. Depends what the family considered worthy and why they can afford.

copcarguyp71

Please read the question again. It's not how much would you pay for it. It's "How much would people pay for a TSMM FP?"

Are you suggesting if Disney began selling FP for TSMM, that nobody would buy them?

People in general as it pertains to crowds are slow dimwitted cattle. I would not be surprised by anything that people as a group would be willing to do or accept to be honest.

I did read the question and answered it about my own feelings because to try and predict what an entire group of uneducated (towards Disney) vacationers from all walks of life and income levels would accept or pay for seemed like an impossibility to me.

Susan Savia

Nothing. If the Joe Tourist family got out of bed and made it to rope drop and then over to TSMM, they could get a ride on it immediately and another in an hour or so. I've never waited in line for it longer then 30 minutes and that was only because they temporarily closed it, but we continued to wait in line. Also, we paid the bucks for our vacation at WDW so why should we pay to RIDE anything.

MarkTwain

Average park guest - $50

Me - $5

The other day a friend and I walked up to the attraction after getting to the park in the evening, and saw it had a 60 minute wait. We shrugged our shoulders and walked in. It really wasn't that bad... kind of made me think about how necessary FastPasses really are.

Sneezy62

Just thinking about when I was 10 or 11 and we would go, extra E tickets were about a dollar or a little less. My Dad wouldn't buy extras, and wouldn't let me buy extras even with money I had saved on my own. He understood that Disney built the ticket book to encourage people to tour the park and not concentrate on riding the E tickets all day (OK my Dad was/is a cheapskate and I love him for it:) ). An A ticket ride in a trolly car down Main Street was just as much a part of the experience as 20,000 Leagues. How many parents today make their kids visit the Swiss Family Tree House? The "somebodys" out there will pay for their kids to do what they like and my guess is the price they will pay will be somewhere around the inflation adjusted price of a 1971 or 2 E-ticket.

Matt7187

The question is not what Disney would charge, it's what would people pay?

People pay $12.95 for a scrap of metal called a pin.

People pay $7 for a piece latex filled with helium called a balloon.

People pay $34.95 for a breakfast they could get offsite for $5.95.

People pay $400/night for a room at a Deluxe Resort, a nice place to sleep and shower.

Minimum wage is $7.25/hour.

A TSMM FP could save people two hours or more of precious park time.

Yet people already are voting that others would pay nothing (the "$0 - Nobody would buy them" option) for a TSMM FP.

Interesting.
I for one enjoy buying those pins!

The Empress Lilly

Personally, I was delighted when WDW did away with the ticket books. I don't need to see it return. General admission works better for my liking.

Nothing. If the Joe Tourist family got out of bed and made it to rope drop and then over to TSMM, they could get a ride on it immediately and another in an hour or so.
But if every Joe Tourist would do this indeed, rush to TSMM for fastpass+ride, then it would become impossible to do so!

Siren

I voted "Nobody would buy them." I was surprised by the amount of people who don't use fastpass now, because they think it costs extra.

FettFan

I'm pretty sure if Disney started selling fastpasses for extra cash, Walt Disney would resurrect and start the apocalypse.

The Empress Lilly

I'm pretty sure if Disney started selling fastpasses for extra cash, Walt Disney would resurrect and start the apocalypse.
Last thing Walt knew, DL had ticket boots in the parks with little girls crying to daddy to get out some extra cash to buy another E-ticket for Jungle Cruise.

FettFan

Last thing Walt knew, DL had ticket boots in the parks with little girls crying to daddy to get out some extra cash to buy another E-ticket for Jungle Cruise.

Given that the admission-only price for an adult to Disneyland in 1966 was $2 ($14 in 2011 USD) paying extra for ride tickets really wasn't that bad. :p

Pooh'sBuddy

I haven't read everyone's responses yet.

With that said, I'm amazed at what people spend their money on anyway. I particularly wouldn't buy a fastpass to TSMM!. First you'd have to split people into groups - seasoned visitors and uninformed first timers. Maybe people would pay $5 if they didn't already know how to circumnavigate the Parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom