How Much Time Should I Allot For Travel?

disneyorbust09

I'm staying in Caribbean Beach Resort when I go down, and I was just wondering how much time I should give myself to get from the resort to the parks, or to other resorts.

Thanks!

krankenstein

This information is from The Unofficial Guide:

MK = 8 min
EPCOT = 6 min
DHS = 4 min 15 sec
DAK = 7 min 15 sec

As far as resort, figure out what theme park it is closest to and base travel time off the above info. :wave:

Upvote 0

yankspy

That is where it gets tricky since there are no buses that go from resort to resort. You will have to either catch a bus to downtown disney or to another park and transfer to the resort you want to visit. This can take a while. Your best bet is to try and hit up other resorts when you are in that area already. I mean that maybe you want to visit the Poly on the same day that you are in MK so that you are just a short monorail ride away. If you wanted to visit the Epcot resorts you can simply walk to them from Epcot and DHS. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
When you reserve dining through a TA you get an email from Disney that recommends allowing up to 1.5 hours to get to your destination and that you arrive at least 20 minutes before your allotted time:

"Plan to arrive 20 minutes prior to your reservation time. You will be seated at the first available table for your party size.

Transportation Time: Allow up to 1.5 hours to travel to your destination when traveling within Walt Disney World property.
"

Honestly, that would be the absolute worst-case scenario in the busiest possible season at WDW. I normally leave wherever I am about an hour before I have to be where I'm going. If I'm early [which I usually am], it gives me the opportunity to explore the resort or area a bit. But that way if something does go wrong, I still am likely to get there on time.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

This information is from The Unofficial Guide:

MK = 8 min
EPCOT = 6 min
DHS = 4 min 15 sec
DAK = 7 min 15 sec

As far as resort, figure out what theme park it is closest to and base travel time off the above info. :wave:

I believe those times are based on how long it takes to get to those parks once you're already on the bus. As others have pointed out, you'll need time to wait for the bus (and walking to the nearest bus stop) as well.

And ditto-ing other posters, if you're going to visit resorts during your stay, your best bet is to visit them the same day you're visiting a nearby park, so you won't need as much travel time.

Upvote 0

coltow

We have our own rules of thumb to/from any place this is how much time we give ourselves (from time we go to bus stop, we factor in wait time at bus stop).

Resort (non-monorail) to Resort = 1 hour
Resort (non-monorail) to MK/AK = 40 mns (AK 30 mns if at AS resorts)
Rssort (non-monorail) to EP/DHS/DTD = 30 mns
*In alot of cases we do get to destination a bit early, but better safe than sorry

Upvote 0

jen2009

We found out the hard way. We were told to allow atleast 30 mins for disney transportation a few years ago. We were late for many ressies due to this. I would suggest atleast an hour if not more for travel to your destination. Followed this on our trip in March and made it to many ressies with about 10 mins to spare. You never know what to expect with disney transportation. If you drove your own vehicle down and worry about timing, I would just drive yourself. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

We found out the hard way. We were told to allow atleast 30 mins for disney transportation a few years ago. We were late for many ressies due to this. I would suggest atleast an hour if not more for travel to your destination. Followed this on our trip in March and made it to many ressies with about 10 mins to spare. You never know what to expect with disney transportation. If you drove your own vehicle down and worry about timing, I would just drive yourself. Hope this helps.
I agree, get to your bus stop 1 hour before you plan on arriving at your destination.

Upvote 0

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's up to you, but if I'm going resort to resort I'll pay the 7-20 dollar cab fare. I find it to be well worth it. I will also pay for cabs in the evening if we've stayed for a nighttime spectacular. They're not that expensive and 3-4 well timed cab rides over the course of a week can save a lot of time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom