How much of Disney World has to be open for you to go?

How much of Disney World needs to be running?

• Just Disney Springs

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Magic Kingdom outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • All 4 parks outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, no live entertainment/characters, quick service only

Votes: 45 7.8%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, non buffet restaurants, no live entertainment/characters

Votes: 47 8.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no nighttime spectaculars

Votes: 30 5.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no parties

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, mask policies, no buffets

Votes: 73 12.7%
  • Running back at 100%, but Covid is still active in the US

Votes: 192 33.3%
  • Covid has been eradicated and/or you have the vaccine

Votes: 105 18.2%

• Total voters

Incomudro

I had another thought regarding my willingness to go to the parks and under what restrictions.
If I lived close by, say - a drive away - I would try the parks or a park with a mask on.
I'd take what I could get, as the investment in time, money and energy wouldn't be much.
If it worked out, great!
If it wasn't so great, no big loss - and I'd enjoy what I could.
My perspective is otherwise geared from my situation which means booking a stay that requires flying and a for several days.
Under those conditions I need things close to normal before I'd book a trip.

Mainahman

I need 4 parks, most attractions, a hotel room that will be big enough for 2 adults and 2 teens for 6 nights. Oh and a chance to make new memories.

disneygeek90

I had another thought regarding my willingness to go to the parks and under what restrictions.
If I lived close by, say - a drive away - I would try the parks or a park with a mask on.
I'd take what I could get, as the investment in time, money and energy wouldn't be much.
If it worked out, great!
If it wasn't so great, no big loss - and I'd enjoy what I could.
My perspective is otherwise geared from my situation which means booking a stay that requires flying and a for several days.
Under those conditions I need things close to normal before I'd book a trip.
Absolutely agree. I live 15 mins away so my requirements are that they’re open. Now if I had a family and needed to get in a plane/long car ride and included resort stays, it would be a lot higher and along the lines of what most have already mentioned.

With a little girl who just turned 4 I think it will be very difficult for myself and my husband to try and keep a mask on her so I am going to have to really pretty much wait until either that restriction is lifted or she can handle the mask full time. As for myself and my husband I would certainly not like to pay for something that is going to give me in return not 100%. So I'd like to see all the attractions be opened.

Incomudro

Absolutely agree. I live 15 mins away so my requirements are that they’re open. Now if I had a family and needed to get in a plane/long car ride and included resort stays, it would be a lot higher and along the lines of what most have already mentioned.

15 minutes away?!
Yeah, I'd be there with a mask on.

CLEtoWDW

100% for me but most importantly no mask requirement. With two young children to expect them to wear masks is just plain silly. Even local child care centers aren’t requiring children to wear masks because they know it could cause more harm than good. This was a big swing and a miss by Disney/CDC.

AugieMorosco

100% for me but most importantly no mask requirement. With two young children to expect them to wear masks is just plain silly. Even local child care centers aren’t requiring children to wear masks because they know it could cause more harm than good. This was a big swing and a miss by Disney/CDC.
I think that's the point. The requirement is a deliberate attempt to keep small children out of the parks for the time being. They're least likely to be able to adhere to safety guidelines.

tirian

I’m not returning until there’s a vaccine, because medical science says masks and gloves aren’t adequate protection. But I hope FP+ stays permanently canceled. 😁

Incomudro

I think that's the point. The requirement is a deliberate attempt to keep small children out of the parks for the time being. They're least likely to be able to adhere to safety guidelines.

I don't doubt it.
However much I question the effectiveness of masks in reducing transmission of covid19 when worn by the public outdoors, all day.
One thing the requirement to wear them will do is reduce the population of people who will visit the parks - and that will reduce the transmission rate.

Bpmorley

I dont know about florida but children arent asked to wear masks in PA

NelleBelle

Wow! My son is required to wear a mask for his 8th grade graduation on Saturday. Seattle still hasn’t moved out of phase 1 yet 🙄

Disney Crazed

Since my family has a reservation set in September and I know there will be restrictions then I will be prepared for the masks and social distancing. I am 13 and really it is my littlest sister who is 8 who I am most worried about. I also have a 10 year old sister who I think will be fine. My parents I know will be cool with it. I also hope by then that Disney will start opening more things up. No matter we will make the most of it and have fun.

mfortis

I think what bothered me most about the announcements is that there will be no park hopping allowed. Thankfully, all four parks are now an all day experience providing shows will still be run in Hollywood studios.

To be in the parks if the virus is still prevalent, masks are a must. Sorry guys, I have had asthma since I was very young and do not want to inhale your sputum as you talk/yell/chant/sing/scream. I will give you the same consideration.
Wouldn’t it be easier for just you to wear the mask?

mfortis

You do realize this is the Walt Disney Company? They're already raising prices and eliminating menu items at Disney Springs.
I looked at a ticket in August for Disneyland and it cost as much as 230 dollar for one day! $154 for entrance, $209 for park hopping and $20 for max pass. Almost $1000 for a family of 4. WTH?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom