How much of Disney World has to be open for you to go?

How much of Disney World needs to be running?

• Just Disney Springs

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Magic Kingdom outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • All 4 parks outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, no live entertainment/characters, quick service only

Votes: 45 7.8%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, non buffet restaurants, no live entertainment/characters

Votes: 47 8.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no nighttime spectaculars

Votes: 30 5.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no parties

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, mask policies, no buffets

Votes: 73 12.7%
  • Running back at 100%, but Covid is still active in the US

Votes: 192 33.3%
  • Covid has been eradicated and/or you have the vaccine

Votes: 105 18.2%

• Total voters

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
#1. Mask no issue for me
#2. Social Distancing no issue for me
#3. Parks running at a percentage no issue for me.
#4. Character Greetings and Characters Meals shut down no issue for me.
#5. Restaurants closed is an issue for me.
#6. Rides closed is an issue for me.

I feel if the parks are reopened at a percentage and the restaurant is not serving as a buffet and changes the serving style then all restaurants should be available. The rides and attractions should also be opened as well if the parks are opened at a percentage just seat the max in the shows and what can be seated in each ride. I do not think rides should be closed. If we are going to be expected to pay the same prices we should be able to receive at least close to normal experience.

AugieMorosco

#1. Mask no issue for me
#2. Social Distancing no issue for me
#3. Parks running at a percentage no issue for me.
#4. Character Greetings and Characters Meals shut down no issue for me.
#5. Restaurants closed is an issue for me.
#6. Rides closed is an issue for me.

I feel if the parks are reopened at a percentage and the restaurant is not serving as a buffet and changes the serving style then all restaurants should be available. The rides and attractions should also be opened as well if the parks are opened at a percentage just seat the max in the shows and what can be seated in each ride. I do not think rides should be closed. If we are going to be expected to pay the same prices we should be able to receive at least close to normal experience.

This is exactly how I feel. We're booked for July 6 arrival. Really holding on to hope for a great trip.

mfortis

I need the resorts to be open. Staying on property is a must. If I am just wanting the ‘Disney parks’ experience’ then I can go to Disneyland. It may be different for locals. But Disney World is not really a locals theme park as much a Disneyland.

AugieMorosco

I need the resorts to be open. Staying on property is a must. If I am just wanting the ‘Disney parks’ experience’ then I can go to Disneyland. It may be different for locals. But Disney World is not really a locals theme park as much a Disneyland.
I believe the resorts and parks will reopen together. If not, the resorts will open very shortly after parks. The resorts make more money, they allow more control over guest flow, if they only allow resort guests then they have control over crowds. It makes much more logical sense to me to have resorts open quick.

mfortis

@
I believe the resorts and parks will reopen together. If not, the resorts will open very shortly after parks. The resorts make more money, they allow more control over guest flow, if they only allow resort guests then they have control over crowds. It makes much more logical sense to me to have resorts open quick.
it will be interesting how they open. Will they just offer accommodations? Essentially just be a hotel. Will they open the pools? Will only counter service and room service be available? Forcing people to eat in their rooms. How will the Disney transportation system be affected? Buses, boats and monorails at peak times were super crowded.
wow what a mess.

robhedin

it will be interesting how they open. Will they just offer accommodations? Essentially just be a hotel. Will they open the pools? Will only counter service and room service be available? Forcing people to eat in their rooms. How will the Disney transportation system be affected? Buses, boats and monorails at peak times were super crowded.
wow what a mess.
It's not a Disney resort, but we're headed to Orlando and staying at a resort near Disney Springs from the 28th for 5 days. Our resort says the following:

Pool areas and other amenities, such as gyms, will be open wherever state and local jurisdictions allow, and following social distancing and sanitation guidelines. Food and beverage areas and activity centers will remain closed until further notice.

I'd be surprised if Disney doesn't open pools with the resort given that others are (and Volcano Bay is open).

note2001

I think what bothered me most about the announcements is that there will be no park hopping allowed. Thankfully, all four parks are now an all day experience providing shows will still be run in Hollywood studios.

To be in the parks if the virus is still prevalent, masks are a must. Sorry guys, I have had asthma since I was very young and do not want to inhale your sputum as you talk/yell/chant/sing/scream. I will give you the same consideration.

Rich T

I don’t care what Disney or any other company does. I’m not going until a vaccine is available. Theme parks are not important, and certainly not worth risking my family’s health for. Especially while fools exist who don’t want to follow the safety precautions.

note2001

What if face shields will be required instead of masks? With face shields, you can breathe more freely but it will definitely feel hotter. If I were to choose, I would still choose a mask to go to the parks.

The problem goes back to identifying what we're trying to stop here. We want to stop the virus from leaving an infected person (who may not even know they have it). Covering the mouth completely is near perfect for that. Scientists/statiticians have shown that if 60% of the people wear decent face masks we can defeat this virus even with the kids who refuse to don anything that might mess with their makeup or cool factor.

The plastic mask is good for deflection from the above mentioned people who feel like it's their right to infect others, but it's far from perfect and it will not keep you from inhaling droplets. Goggles and an N95 mask are what the pros wear. Over that they'll wear a surgical mask since most N95s have a vent that will not stop exhaled droplets. They wear that to protect the patient.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom