How much of Disney World has to be open for you to go?

How much of Disney World needs to be running?

• Just Disney Springs

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Magic Kingdom outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • All 4 parks outdoor attractions and quick service only

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, no live entertainment/characters, quick service only

Votes: 45 7.8%
  • All 4 parks all attractions, non buffet restaurants, no live entertainment/characters

Votes: 47 8.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no nighttime spectaculars

Votes: 30 5.2%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, limited hours and entertainment, no parties

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • All 4 parks with social distancing, mask policies, no buffets

Votes: 73 12.7%
  • Running back at 100%, but Covid is still active in the US

Votes: 192 33.3%
  • Covid has been eradicated and/or you have the vaccine

Votes: 105 18.2%

• Total voters

Bpmorley

I don’t care what Disney or any other company does. I’m not going until a vaccine is available. Theme parks are not important, and certainly not worth risking my family’s health for. Especially while fools exist who don’t want to follow the safety precautions.
So you may never go again. Fools? Safety precautions from what? A virus with a >99% survival rate. And if you take away nursing homes it's a 17th of a percent death rate.
Look, I dont want people to die, but people arent living now. At least not living free. This was an exaggerated response to an unknown entity. Now it's all political. We are 70+ days into this bs. We are already gonna take 3+ years to recover economically. The masks dont work, trust me. They gave them out in work and everyone got it anyway. We flattened the curve and now they moved the goal line back. Hospitals are empty now, at least in Philly. They're all capable of handling a second wave(IF it happens).
I get that you want to protect your family, totally understandable. But if wait for a vaccine, you're not gonna go anywhere ever.

Last edited:

Incomudro

I'd go back with all the parks up, social distancing largely in effect - but no masks.
Covid 19 threat still around, but not a significant threat for healthy individuals.
So, things relatively back to normal but with increased cleanliness and situational awareness.

Incomudro

So you may never go again. Fools? Safety precautions from what? A virus with a >99% survival rate. And if you take away nursing homes it's a 17th of a percent death rate.
Look, I dont want people to die, but people arent living now. At least not living free. This was an exaggerated response to an unknown entity. Now it's all political. We are 70+ days into this bs. We are already gonna take 3+ years to recover economically. The masks dont work, trust me. They gave them out in work and everyone got it anyway. We flattened the curve and now they moved the goal line back. Hospitals are empty now, at least in Philly. They're all capable of handling a second wave(IF it happens).
I get that you want to protect your family, totally understandable. But if wait for a vaccine, you're not gonna go anywhere ever.

I thought about this the other week:

Are we living, or just existing?

ImperfectPixie

Covid 19 threat still around, but not a significant threat for healthy individuals.
While those who are healthy have less of a chance of dying, to say there is no significant threat to them is a fallacy. My step-sister is the healthiest person I know. Physically fit, eats better than anyone I've ever seen, never smoked...she struggled to breathe for a full week with COVID-19. We still don't have a full grasp on the long-term effects of the virus on the body, either.

Incomudro

While those who are healthy have less of a chance of dying, to say there is no significant threat to them is a fallacy. My step-sister is the healthiest person I know. Physically fit, eats better than anyone I've ever seen, never smoked...she struggled to breathe for a full week with COVID-19. We still don't have a full grasp on the long-term effects of the virus on the body, either.

I understand what you say here regarding your step sister, I am sorry to hear of her struggle and I know that there are others like her who suffered similarly and worse.
I'm 56 and stay very healthy (just came back from my 10 miles before 10am bike ride) and I myself am concerned that I may be one of those people that do not do well.
I also know, that in the grand scheme of things and considering how many people are asymptomatic a youngish and healthy person does have a very good chance of doing very well with this infection.

ImperfectPixie

I understand what you say here regarding your step sister, I am sorry to hear of her struggle and I know that there are others like her who suffered similarly and worse.
I'm 56 and stay very healthy (just came back from my 10 miles before 10am bike ride) and I myself am concerned that I may be one of those people that do not do well.
I also know, that in the grand scheme of things and considering how many people are asymptomatic a youngish and healthy person does have a very good chance of doing very well with this infection.
She's at least 10 years younger than you, too, and maintains a pretty specific healthy diet and exercise regimen. Her daughters are big into soccer.

ImperfectPixie

I understand, but exceptions don't prove the rule.
Oh, I realize that. People need to understand that being healthy doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't taking a gamble in regards to the virus though. The odds are in your favor, yes...but there's an off chance that you could be severely impacted. It's sort of like driving with no insurance - yes, you can be careful and you might not get in an accident, but there's always that slight chance that something could happen.

Bpmorley

Sorry to heat about her. But yes people are gonna get symptoms and not die. My father is 82 years old and not in great shape and even he thinks this is nuts. You're crushing a multi billion dollar economy for a death rate of under 1%. And thats going on the inflated numbers the cdc is feeding us.

Incomudro

What your failing to understand and realize is that all the actions our society has taken has kept the rate under 1%.

Now if no actions were taken? What would be the death rate? 5%, 15%, 20%? Would that be acceptable to you? Would a backhoe working overtime pre-digging graves at your local cemetery be okay?

Our actions kept the infection rates lower and thus total deaths lower.
Not the fatality rates.

bpiper

Our actions kept the infection rates lower and thus total deaths lower.
Not the fatality rates.
True but wrong, or maybe incomplete.

Fatality rate is the ratio of how many people get the decease vs how many died from it.

A factor in determining the Fatality rate is access to health care. More and better access will lower the fatality rate.

By lowering the infection rate, we prevented the hospitals from being overwhelmed. If the hospitals were overwhelmed, then they would not be able to treat the volume of patients and thus more would have died, increasing the fatality rate.

I live in Massachusetts, hard hit. Our city's 3 large hospitals created extra ICU rooms. They came to about 95% capacity at peak of running out. They did run out of regular rooms. Luckily they had setup a 200 bed FEMA supplied field hospital in the convention center. At its peak, it had 100 beds full.

If all the social measures were not done, the ICU's would have been overwhelmed and the field hospital also. This would have affected the fatality rate, since not everyone would have been able to receive care.

The state published guidelines to the hospital's on how to make a determination on who to let go and who to save.

That was very sobering reading. Luckily it did not have to be implemented.

note2001

I think there are threads for this conversation to continue on. This one, I was under the impression, was to be about how folk feel about the conditions at Disney resorts and parks, and when they felt safe to go.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

I need for the water parks to be open in addition to the pools and mini golf courses! I want all the rides open (with the exception of rides down for scheduled refurbishment), shows, etc. I basically want the operations at 100%! Don't really care about masks and socially distancing or having temperatures checked. When we come, we're coming from the raining pacific northwest and want to enjoy the hot weather and water activities! We generally come for at least 10-days and on our down days we like doing the mini-golf courses and relaxing at the pool or water park. If those options aren't available, then not really up to dropping all that $$$ as it's not all that enjoyable for us!

doctornick

I mentioned this is another thread but I'd be willing/interested to go as long as all of the rides are running as well as at least most of the shows. The lack of fireworks/parades/etc is a significant but not a dealbreaker for me. Don't care about M&Gs not being around.

What I'm kicking about in terms of a potential upcoming trip is: (1) how much with attendance caps affect ride capacity - if we can do a good number of rides every day that is key and (2) what is there to do in between rides, so shows (at least the AA and film based ones, even if the live performances are not), any streetmosphere, and the "games" like SOTMK/Pirates/Agent P. Honestly if the parks are less crowded and we could "do" as much in a shorter time, I don't mind the shorter hours; might even work better with having younger kids.

Wearing masks in Florida heat all day is a different concern and an issue I wonder about. Honestly, I think I'd be fine with it but it probably wouldn't work with members of my family. so that would also be a dealbreaker.

JoMarch

This is NO fault of Disney, but I love being inside “the bubble.” For me, going with masks etc would be the first time the outside world’s worries are now inside “the bubble.” I just hope/pray the bubble hasn’t popped forever....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom