How much money is enough money?

...I'm sure in theory most people will say "Is there ever enough?":shrug:. Seriously, my DD (17) and I are going for 7 days, on DDP. I am planning on taking $1000. We have been many times so we are not big souvenier hounds, I will however be bringing home a few trinkets for my boys. The only expeditiures I can think of will be the occasional margarita :sohappy: or appetizer at dinner for both of us. Of course there is breakfast ($20), mousekkeping tips and our dinner servers tips. Am I missing anything that the $1000 would not cover and thus leave us short? I have CC but hate to use them so this is cash only.

Nikki M

We budget $100 per day for a family of three, counting all food, shirts, souveniers, tips, wal-mart stop for snacks and breakfast, etc. Some days will be over $100, but then some under, we eat mainly table service, but are not huge eaters, no alcohol. It all evens out in the end. Hope this helps a little...

Upvote 0

Phonedave

...I'm sure in theory most people will say "Is there ever enough?":shrug:. Seriously, my DD (17) and I are going for 7 days, on DDP. I am planning on taking $1000. We have been many times so we are not big souvenier hounds, I will however be bringing home a few trinkets for my boys. The only expeditiures I can think of will be the occasional margarita :sohappy: or appetizer at dinner for both of us. Of course there is breakfast ($20), mousekkeping tips and our dinner servers tips. Am I missing anything that the $1000 would not cover and thus leave us short? I have CC but hate to use them so this is cash only.

Let see

Breakfast - $20 * 7 = $140

Lets give you one drink per day - $8 * 7 = $56

Ill say you order appetizer every other day - $9 * 3 = $27

Mousekeeping tips at $2 per day = $2 * 7 = $14

Dinner tips at $12 a night (2 people at $30 each is $60 - %20 is $12) = $12 * 7 = $82

So thats $140 + $56 + $27 + $14 + $82 = $319

That leaves you $681 for gifts. Yeah, you should be good (feel free to get me a gift :) )

-dave

Upvote 0

todpatcam

Three of us (DH, DW, and DS-9 yes old) went in sept/oct for 7 days 6 nights on the DDP and we bought a few shirts, lots of small items to keep the Disney feeling alive until our next trip, we also paid for a Pirate make-over and the Pirates and Pals cruise plus tips for the Mousekeepers and dining tips and we were under $1,000.00 not by much but I think $1,000.00 sounds perfect.

I only had a few hundred in cash and the rest of the spending was on the Disney CC which we payoff each month so there is no charge but it's nice not having to carry around that much cash or leave it in the room safe.

Have a great trip!!!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

You're fine! I was on the DDP last year and brought $1,000 for me and DD and we wound up bringing about $300 back home with us...we came up at around $700 for the 7 days..that included souveniers, tips, etc so you'll be fine!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I agree, I think $1000 is plenty! The first time we did the DDP was in 2008 and I was so up in the air with how much $$$ to bring with me for the 7days we were there... I ended up bringing $1000 like you and think I only spend about $700-$750... We are just a little over a month away to our next Disney vacation and are going for 9 whole days. We have the DDP and it's really only my son who wants to buy everything in sight, but I am keeping him on a budget this trip! :lol: So I think I am bringing like $1000 with me this trip as well... Enjoy!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Let see

Breakfast - $20 * 7 = $140

Lets give you one drink per day - $8 * 7 = $56

Ill say you order appetizer every other day - $9 * 3 = $27

Mousekeeping tips at $2 per day = $2 * 7 = $14

Dinner tips at $12 a night (2 people at $30 each is $60 - %20 is $12) = $12 * 7 = $82

So thats $140 + $56 + $27 + $14 + $82 = $319

That leaves you $681 for gifts. Yeah, you should be good (feel free to get me a gift :) )

-dave

Awesome analysis Dave!!!! I think he is right on target so you should be fine with the $1000.00. Have a terrific time!!!!!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

You should have more than enough. My last 2 trips with just DD21 and myself, on the dining plan, and that's how much cash I took and didn't spend it all. We even managed to get a lot of Christmas shopping done and paid to have stuff shipped home.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom