How much does Disney's music improve your experience?

LeighM

I know and it's awesome! But I can't listen to youtube at work :cry:

You can download the Sorcerer Radio app to your cell phone and listen to Disney music that way if your company has free available WiFi. I would occasionally do that in addition to playing instrumental Disney music at work. Always really low so only I could hear or those that came close to my desk - nothing obnoxious or irritating to others.

World_Showcase_Lover007

It’s fine at the parks (though I don’t consciously hear them there), but it greatly enhances my experience at home, as I can listen to the loops at work. It instantly brings back memories and a sense of place when I hear many of them. They are also pretty chill and tranquil which I really like.

breesus

Music is necessary for the immersion that Disney wants. Access to music was actually better 10 years ago than now. Live365 had 30 plus Disney stations, but to go further back, I had a hard drive or 2 full of downloads from mIRC. This was all attraction and resort music loops. Not things one could get out the Disney Classics box set. But lets talk about the music setting the mood, my fav is Tomorrowland both old and new. I guess I did not understand or pay attention to this Incredibles overlay stuff enough. Love the Incredibles, thought overlay meant decorations which are fine, but NOT the music. It just did not feel like Tomorrowland this last trip in July especially on TTA.

NickMaio

Music is necessary for the immersion that Disney wants. Access to music was actually better 10 years ago than now. Live365 had 30 plus Disney stations, but to go further back, I had a hard drive or 2 full of downloads from mIRC. This was all attraction and resort music loops. Not things one could get out the Disney Classics box set. But lets talk about the music setting the mood, my fav is Tomorrowland both old and new. I guess I did not understand or pay attention to this Incredibles overlay stuff enough. Love the Incredibles, thought overlay meant decorations which are fine, but NOT the music. It just did not feel like Tomorrowland this last trip in July especially on TTA.
I TOTALLY argee 100%.
We just got back. I want to go again because my tomorrowland music was not the classic.
TTA music is one of my faves.... The Incridibles stuff just did jot cut it.

Oh well.... Another trip in the planning stages😜

crxbrett

Music is a very important part of my life and has always resonated with me in profound ways. And Disney park music is no different. So many cues or pieces of music at the parks can instantly stir up a myriad of emotions for me. I listen to a lot of park music on a daily basis and it just makes me feel happy. I hear a track from the older Poly loop and it can instantly take me back to a specific memory I had there. Or I will queue up the Golden Dream cue from the original EPCOT entrance loop and it will allow me to capture that overjoyed feeling of happiness upon entering the park long ago. Or I might play a track from the Land pavilion BGM loop and remember being caught in a bad summer storm in that area 20 years ago while that music played and smile thinking about that specific memory.

Not to mention the music adds so much to a lot of the experiences and attractions and themed areas. It's a big reason for me personally, that really sets Disney apart from the rest.

Disney park music is amazing and quite special in so many ways. I mentioned in another thread how much I loved the old Norway movie, and a big part of that was due to the beautiful music that was in it. The music alone was a good enough reason for me to want to always sit down and watch that Norway movie after Maelstrom. That's a testament to the power of music.

Often times for me, hearing a specific piece of Disney park music can elicit feelings of joy, nostalgia, fondness, happiness, wonder or even melancholy and sadness surprisingly. But that's the beauty of music, it allows us to feel through it.

To say it immensely improves my experiences at the parks is a huuuge understatement. It's integral to my experiences in a lot of ways. And I'm sure many fans on here would agree! :)

MickeyLuv'r

Much of the Disney music makes the parks great, but there are a few that get annoying. The one we disliked the most was the one they played at Chef Mickey's early in the morning. It wasn't fun to hear Celebrate! over and over again early in the morning. That was a while back, so they probably fixed it by now.

Every visit though, a different song gets stuck in my head, sometimes it puts me in a good mood, sometimes it is less than ideal.

We love the Pirates song though! Just wish they still played the whole thing.

And I miss the original Mexico song. The new Mexico song with Donald is fine, but once in a while I still wish I could hear the old song. Oh, and I don't know why, but I also liked the long gone, "If You Had Wings." we also like that WDW brought back the original tiki songs.

Fankle

Episode 50 of the ‘Connecting with Walt’ podcast discussed the music in the parks and how it is arranged very carefully to evoke particular feelings and guest behaviours at different times/places.

My Dad still remembers me, age 2, sitting on the bottom stair in floods of tears saying “that music makes me sad’ - I had been watching Dumbo.

From the moment I first hear it, on the way from the carparks, the music makes me smile and it sets the tone for the day.....

crxbrett

And I miss the original Mexico song. The new Mexico song with Donald is fine, but once in a while I still wish I could hear the old song. Oh, and I don't know why, but I also liked the long gone, "If You Had Wings." we also like that WDW brought back the original tiki songs.

I miss the old Rio del Tiempo song, too! It was like the Mexican version of the It's a Small World song - very catchy and fun and memorable.

El Rio del Tiempo music

NickMaio

Music is a very important part of my life and has always resonated with me in profound ways. And Disney park music is no different. So many cues or pieces of music at the parks can instantly stir up a myriad of emotions for me. I listen to a lot of park music on a daily basis and it just makes me feel happy. I hear a track from the older Poly loop and it can instantly take me back to a specific memory I had there. Or I will queue up the Golden Dream cue from the original EPCOT entrance loop and it will allow me to capture that overjoyed feeling of happiness upon entering the park long ago. Or I might play a track from the Land pavilion BGM loop and remember being caught in a bad summer storm in that area 20 years ago while that music played and smile thinking about that specific memory.

Not to mention the music adds so much to a lot of the experiences and attractions and themed areas. It's a big reason for me personally, that really sets Disney apart from the rest.

Disney park music is amazing and quite special in so many ways. I mentioned in another thread how much I loved the old Norway movie, and a big part of that was due to the beautiful music that was in it. The music alone was a good enough reason for me to want to always sit down and watch that Norway movie after Maelstrom. That's a testament to the power of music.

Often times for me, hearing a specific piece of Disney park music can elicit feelings of joy, nostalgia, fondness, happiness, wonder or even melancholy and sadness surprisingly. But that's the beauty of music, it allows us to feel through it.

To say it immensely improves my experiences at the parks is a huuuge understatement. It's integral to my experiences in a lot of ways. And I'm sure many fans on here would agree! :)
Eloquently put........ I whole heartedly agree😃

eliza61nyc

***** sighs*****

It's been raining cats and dogs in my area for the entire summer here, My bottom half is soaking wet from just walking from the parking lot to my building and I still have a leak in my %$^& roof so have to call the roofer again.

I'm listening to Dparkradio and my mood is instantly 100% better.

This is why I keep going back.

have a great Monday.

Maelstrom Troll

We always vacation at Disney the week after Thanksgiving so Christmas music is always playing on the speakers. However we listen to the ambient music at home and enjoy it a lot. Like other posters of already said I can’t imagine the rides without the theme music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom