How Much Do You Usually Spend On Souvenirs At WDW???

DisGal

Original Poster
I always tell myself before a to WDW trip starts that I will only spend $100 on souvenirs, but as soon as I'm there that always flies right out the window. I can't help myself at the kitchen and Christmas shops at DTD or the ones at HS and my resort.

Does anyone else have this problem?

RiversideBunny

I always tell myself before a to WDW trip starts that I will only spend $100 on souvenirs, but as soon as I'm there that always flies right out the window. I can't help myself at the kitchen and Christmas shops at DTD or the ones at HS and my resort.

Does anyone else have this problem?

No, just you.

:rolleyes:

Chrononymous

I try not to spend more than around $40. It gets easier each time, because there are less and less things that really strike me lately. I can imagine though if you already have a collection you want to add to...and that collection has items you can ONLY get at WDW...

I have a few collections...coins and tokens, pressed pennies,playing cards, Splash Mountain pins, and general POTC stuff...but the last few trips nothing was really appealing to me, or seeming unusual enough for me to buy!

Which is a good thing. I have too much crap anyway...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It depends on the trip. Most of the time it is less than $100 but there have been trips during SWW where we have spent over $1000.

LoriMistress

An average is probably $50-100. Normally, our souvenirs consists of: resort mugs, mouse ears, a stuffed Donald Duck, and a few ginger bread cookies. (PP CD--if you count that).

jakeman

Quite a bit less than I want to.

With so much of it everywhere and with so little variety, I have a hard time finding things that are unique that I want to buy. The things that are unqiue and I would buy are horribly overpriced, even for a theme park (I'm looking at you, Marathon jacket).

On our summer trips we have spent nothing sometimes. At Food and Wine we spend a bit more on new wines and merchandise.

I would be willing to spend quite a bit, but it seems that my taste and Disney Merchandising taste are very different.

Mouse Man

We go almost every year and the DWF and I spend between $400 to $700. This price includes a New Disney watch some clothes for work a toy for the grandson, our dog and of course lots of things from the christmas store and our resort.

lilclerk

I really don't buy a lot anymore. I collect coffee mugs so I get one of those every trip along with an Art on Demand attraction poster. Sometimes a Retro T-shirt, but that's about it. $50-$100 sounds about right.
It's true, merchandise has really gone downhill.

Animaniac93-98

I had a hard time finding stuff to buy last trip, especially with all the gift money I was given prior to leaving. Only 3 things I spent on that weren't food/meals (which is what I really wanted the money for):

- Twilight Zone book from ToT gift shop (could have got at home)
- 2-Disc Magic Kingdom Behind the Scenes DVD
- Story and Song from The Haunted Mansion (which I could have got at home for less, but the $ was already exchanged, and I knew I wanted it)

Tried to a get a certain t-shirt, but they didn't have any smalls or mediums left.

Almost nothing is appealing or truly unique anymore and the whole Vinylmation thing they're pushing seams really pointless. To answer the original thread question, less and less. I also have alot of stuff to begin with and I don't really have space for more "collectibles".

I do wish attraction posters were still sold in tubes though.

lilclerk

- Twilight Zone book from ToT gift shop (could have got at home)
- 2-Disc Magic Kingdom Behind the Scenes DVD

- Story and Song from The Haunted Mansion (which I could have got at home for less, but the $ was already exchanged, and I knew I wanted it)
Oh I got that on my last trip too. Wasn't impressed :lol:

DisGal

Original Poster
My favorite souvenirs from last trip are 2 Disney cookbooks - Delicious Disney and Delicious Disney Desserts. They have come in handy when I have a specific Disney craving.

Pooh Lover

We usually spend around $200 a year and that could go up if buying things for others. Some years have good "stuff" and some years, not so much. We always seem to find things in the Wildnerness Lodge gift shop.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Depends. Anywhere from $500-$1500 per year, if I do multiple trips, I'll only spend big on one or two of them.

Buried20KLeague

For us, it's less about WHAT we spend, and more about what we spend it ON.

We try, every trip, to buy something really nice as a memory of the trip. We've bought a painting on one trip that cost quite a bit, a big fig that wasn't too much on one trip, and a series of attraction posters that were somewhere in the middle. A "Partners" statue, miniatures of all the different castles around the world when we traveled overseas to the parks, etc...

One of the neatest things we have is a gold coin from the Grand Opening of the HK park... I turned that into a necklace for my wife.

To us, stuff that will stand the test of time and be great memories of trips gone by is more important than trinkets or clothes or what have you.

Just our way of doing things, I suppose. :shrug:

fosse76

Quite a bit less than I want to.

With so much of it everywhere and with so little variety, I have a hard time finding things that are unique that I want to buy. The things that are unqiue and I would buy are horribly overpriced, even for a theme park (I'm looking at you, Marathon jacket).

On our summer trips we have spent nothing sometimes. At Food and Wine we spend a bit more on new wines and merchandise.

I would be willing to spend quite a bit, but it seems that my taste and Disney Merchandising taste are very different.

I tend to agree. Most of the stuff they sell is pretty much generic Disney. And even then it's poorly designed. But I'm not a big souvenir purchaser, and unless something catches my eye I probably spend less than $50.

PurpleRose

I am going next week and do not plan to spend more than $100. My husband doesn't think I can do it. My big thing is that I collect Beauty and the Beast snowglobes. But I've been on the Disney websites lately and nothing as struck me. So I guess I will see in four days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom